The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Apparently Seahawks fans are boycotting Beats because of this commercial.

:D

Im a Seahawks fan and dont have a problem with the ad. Yes, beats are overpriced gear people buy because it looks cool. They knew what they were doing with this ad. 15 million people live in the bay area. 3 million live in Seattle. Easy to see which side of this rivalry they are gonna pick to be on.

I didnt really like Kaepernick last year. I didnt like that he replaced a winning QB in Alex Smith and he could run very well but wasnt particularly excellent at anything else. I felt he was overrated. Hes become more well rounded now and besides winning a few games in spite of him rather than because of him San Fran maybe didnt trade away the better QB which saying something since Smith is winning a lot in Kansas with a less impressive team around him.

I'd see it as a sign of respect. Like Ken Hitchcock said if you wanna be liked stop being good.

I agree they were basically showing how loud the Seattle crowd is, and showing the feature of their headphones at the same time. Clearly there was a reason they picked to show Seahwaks fans and not fans of another random team.

Something Ive been wondering about: Did spending $300 on a pair of headphones instantly become something people did just because Dr Dre told them it was cool to? Nobody I knew spent much of anything on headphones then from one day to the next you were a loser if you didnt have a few hundred buck on yer head. The cool kids are the biggest sheep.

I tried out the new Beats Studio Headphones today just cuz I was at a Future Shop and I can honestly say that these are actually worth the $300 that they're priced as. It's still overpriced in my books considering I would value it at a $200 price but if you compare it to the previous model, these look, feel, and sound much better than the first model of the Beats and it doesn't feel like it'll break compared to the older model.

Something Ive been wondering about: Did spending $300 on a pair of headphones instantly become something people did just because Dr Dre told them it was cool to? Nobody I knew spent much of anything on headphones then from one day to the next you were a loser if you didnt have a few hundred buck on yer head. The cool kids are the biggest sheep.

In terms of quality and engineering, they're worth every cent. Does every Joe Schmo in high school/post secondary need studio-equivalent quality to listen to their music? No.

But then again, hardcore gamers (I'm talking about hardcore geeks who buy games at midnight and stay up until midnight the following day beating them) spend $500+ on consoles and then hundreds more on the games and accessories.

Also, I know a few peeps (and millions more who I don't know) who always pay the 3-400 dollar early upgrade fee to get the new iPhone every 6 months or however often a new one comes out. Do they need basically the exact same phone every time? No. But hey, it's not tax dollars that they're spending so I don't care.

And no, I don't have beats. I'm perfectly content with my Sony "Dj Style (over the head)" headphones that were under $100 in the states.

• 1 month later...

I already was boycotting Beats anyways because they are overpriced and not even that great of headphones. There are way better brands priced better. Or if you really want to drop some money get some proper recording quality headphones. Beats are overrated because they have an extremely popular and succesful hip hop producer to attach his name to them. It's like Nike and Michael Jordan.

Fans are reading too much into the commercial but I was not going to buy Beats by Dre anyways.

Archived