The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whens the Last Time you Bled?

Gally

i was just suspended for 4 days for making a joke about a tampon

i'm reporting each of you, FYI

just to prove a point, not because i'm actually offended

Same...WTF was that eh? :rolleyes: Though I think I only got 2 or 3 days... can't remember now.

Anyhoo, cut open one thumb doing renos on weekend. Also took a good chunk off top of other thumb knuckle shaking beans out of a can a couple days ago when one of my boys distracted me momentarily. That hurt like a son of a @#$%...still sore actually.

Same...WTF was that eh? :rolleyes: Though I think I only got 2 or 3 days... can't remember now.

it was because of me

i said it was unfair for me to get suspended while your post, which you made almost immediately after me, wasn't even deleted despite us making more or less the same joke.

instead of saying 'whoops, maybe you shouldn't have been suspended' -- they went back and examined all tampon humour and decided retroactive prudish punishment is better than potentially suggesting a disconnect between subjective moderation and objectively offensive content

and now, a bunch of people are making more or less the same joke all over again, and i doubt anyone will be suspended

we are martyrs

it was because of me

i said it was unfair for me to get suspended while your post, which you made almost immediately after me, wasn't even deleted despite us making more or less the same joke.

instead of saying 'whoops, maybe you shouldn't have been suspended' -- they went back and examined all tampon humour and decided retroactive prudish punishment is better than potentially suggesting a disconnect between subjective moderation and objectively offensive content

and now, a bunch of people are making more or less the same joke all over again, and i doubt anyone will be suspended

we are martyrs

Really I think something like that could have been handled better with a "warning and please edit your comment/we've edited/deleted your comment" response.

IMO either comment barely registered as offensive enough for even that let alone a full suspension. Just seemed heavy handed and poorly handled...like Bertuzzi Babe was back or something. I mean I'm an adult and if a mod had asked me to remove it, I would. I don't agree it was terribly offensive but if you want me to take it down, sure. Hardly seemed grounds for further action.

Archived