The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VAN vs DAL - 12/19/13 - 5:30PM

Strombone1

"AHLberts" is the most irrelevant and undeserved nickname for him.

He hasn't even played a game in the AHL since arriving in Vancouver.

He's a serviceable 7/8 d-man and people need to start to appreciate depth when we actually have it.

Well said for sure. He has been solid for the time being and he has understands it and has not complained once. He deserves a bit more respect from CDC.

Game-wise, we need to get back into gear. I am going with a 4-2 Canucks win.

R. Kesler

M. Santorelli

J. Garrison

H. Sedin

J. Benn

T. Seguin

...Bummer about Stanton - that kind of play by a know "goon" is what the NHL needs to focus on getting out of the game but of course, it never even got look by Shanahan...

Did you even watch the replay? Stanton was going down akwardly a bit already and the guy just kinda touched his shoulder. I thought it looked dirty in real time too, but on second look I dont even think that was worth a penalty. It really is too bad, Stanton has been killing it.

Did you even watch the replay? Stanton was going down akwardly a bit already and the guy just kinda touched his shoulder. I thought it looked dirty in real time too, but on second look I dont even think that was worth a penalty. It really is too bad, Stanton has been killing it.

Yes, I did see it, in real time and slow mo. The reason they brought in hybrid icing was to eliminate this kind of play. Racing to the boards at high speed with a player on your back, attempting then to stop is a fine balancing act. A slight touch to the skates or a tug (as in this case) can result in an off-balance situation with the outcome being what we saw with Stanton. Was it as deliberate as an elbow to the head, no, but it was a dangerous play that the league has tried to eliminate and Konopka knew exactly what he was doing.

Driving to my buddy's in downtown Dallas for a couple pops after work and then on to watch our boys do what they do. I attended practice yesterday and I loved what I saw in Booth. First on the ice and last to leave. I truly believe we are starting to see the beginning of a breakthrough for him as a player. There will be about 30 local Canadians in our section.

I won't call the score because that is not my thing,but I will call my beer intake:

Me: 6

Beer: 6

Looks like it will be settled with a "shot"out.

Its because we play Chicago tomorrow so Lack should play today.

That is what I was thinking but maybe Lack will just play tomorrow....I think Torts doesn't give a crap which goalie plays against which teams,

He has stated many times he doesn't care about the past and is just coming in to coach his way

Archived