The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Northern Gateway Pipeline KILLED

Warhippy

41 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Maybe you should focus on getting and attending a job so that you're actually doing something to benefit this country rather than trying to screw others out of their jobs. 

Destroying our environment and planet  - is that what you call benefitting our country.   Sad. 

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Destroying our environment and planet  - is that what you call benefitting our country.   Sad. 

What part of this do you not understand.

Does a pipeline make you consume more oil?  NO

Do pipelines make trafficking current oil production reduce CO2 emissions? YES

Would shutting down the Alberta Oil sands have any effect on global carbon levels?  NO

Would shutting down the Alberta Oil sands place a higher demand on importing oil (THROUGH TANKERS) from foreign countries? YES

Would shutting down the Alberta Oil sands cripple this countries economy? YES

Sad how little you know yet are so set in your thought process that your willing to argue about something.  I have to asked, you think the oil industry is so bad, what is it that you do for a living? Also what types of foods do you feed your family with?

23 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

What part of this do you not understand.

Does a pipeline make you consume more oil?  NO

Do pipelines make trafficking current oil production reduce CO2 emissions? YES

Would shutting down the Alberta Oil sands have any effect on global carbon levels?  NO

Would shutting down the Alberta Oil sands place a higher demand on importing oil (THROUGH TANKERS) from foreign countries? YES

Would shutting down the Alberta Oil sands cripple this countries economy? YES

Sad how little you know yet are so set in your thought process that your willing to argue about something.  I have to asked, you think the oil industry is so bad, what is it that you do for a living? Also what types of foods do you feed your family with?

Increasing the pipeline will only encourage increased production of DIRTY TAR OIL.

Time to start investing in green energy . 

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Increasing the pipeline will only encourage increased production of DIRTY TAR OIL.

Time to start investing in green energy .

That's a terrible assumption....Supply only fills the demand, it doesn't create it.  It's funny that you don't cry about all the oil canada imports in the east. 

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

That's a terrible assumption....Supply only fills the demand, it doesn't create it.  It's funny that you don't cry about all the oil canada imports in the east. 

Whats terrible is to for Canadians to keep on producing more dirty TAR Oil to ruin our planet.

Who wants to poison our earth ?  I would prefer to leave a planet for our future generations.......

11 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Whats terrible is to for Canadians to keep on producing more dirty TAR Oil to ruin our planet.

Who wants to poison our earth ?  I would prefer to leave a planet for our future generations.......

kos i live in prince rupert which is a hotbed destination 6 liquified natural gas proposals 1 has already been given the go ahead ,with division on if it should go ahead ,the shutting down of the endbridge line was the right call if only for the lack of spill response either on route thru the province or on the coast ,up here we're far to remote for any kind of 'quick' response ,the rugged terrain along the proposed route would have had to go thru inaccessible areas . the excisting kinder morgan line is old and could pose a real problem if it ruptured along route. twinning this line would alleviate this concern , with all the due dilliagence that goes into the kinder morgan route and harbour facility ,being in such a high traffic area only means MUCH more attention is going to go into the prevention of anything happening , as well the response to any marine event happening, theres no stopping any of this, sure it'll be held up with protest and court cases ,but if the endbridge case proved anything at all ,the more resistance harper got from all angles the faster the project was getting rail roaded thru. I'm thankful for the election and a closer look at the proposal meant a complete cancelling of it. this was the right call, it minimized the impact ,being an existing route ,cancelled out a stupid idea being forced upon us , and helps stimulate alberta's economy !

2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Maybe you should focus on getting and attending a job so that you're actually doing something to benefit this country rather than trying to screw others out of their jobs. 

Maybe you should attend school so you're not forced to work for scumbag oil companies while destroying your health on a daily basis.

FYI - I have a job and I still give a $&!# about the environment, if you want to put a pipeline in my backyard, I'll do everything in my power (which isn't much) to stop it, believe that!

4 hours ago, chon derry said:

kos i live in prince rupert which is a hotbed destination 6 liquified natural gas proposals 1 has already been given the go ahead ,with division on if it should go ahead ,the shutting down of the endbridge line was the right call if only for the lack of spill response either on route thru the province or on the coast ,up here we're far to remote for any kind of 'quick' response ,the rugged terrain along the proposed route would have had to go thru inaccessible areas . the excisting kinder morgan line is old and could pose a real problem if it ruptured along route. twinning this line would alleviate this concern , with all the due dilliagence that goes into the kinder morgan route and harbour facility ,being in such a high traffic area only means MUCH more attention is going to go into the prevention of anything happening , as well the response to any marine event happening, theres no stopping any of this, sure it'll be held up with protest and court cases ,but if the endbridge case proved anything at all ,the more resistance harper got from all angles the faster the project was getting rail roaded thru. I'm thankful for the election and a closer look at the proposal meant a complete cancelling of it. this was the right call, it minimized the impact ,being an existing route ,cancelled out a stupid idea being forced upon us , and helps stimulate alberta's economy !

I am by no means an expert on the northern bc  LNG projects.   

But i was not happy to see the terminals in prime salmon habitat. Can't imagine the  damage to the environmen if  / when a spill would have occured. 

Just now, ronthecivil said:

By all means go ahead. There's plenty that are publicly listed.....

was kinda hoping the CDN government and BC government would also  invest in green tech instead of  giving tax incentives to Dirty Energy.....

4 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

We are poisoning the earth by pumping two oil tankers full of RAW sewage into the Pacific every week.  How can you possibly rationalize that. 

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

was kinda hoping the CDN government and BC government would also  invest in green tech instead of  giving tax incentives to Dirty Energy.....

The BC government was putting all kinds of money into green energy in the form of wind and run of river projects. Then everyone got up in arms because the electricity was more expensive. People are also complaining about the huge hydro dam (on the already dammed river) that basically has a pretty minimal footprint in terms of flooding but a huge gain in output due to efficiency. That's an 8 billion dollar project. People are complaining about that too.

Of course, pretty hard to sell that energy to other people (except to the south) so how are we to generate income to pay for all these investments? Have to sell the rest of the world something, and it has to be something they want to buy. Which really doesn't leave a lot of options.

6 minutes ago, ronthecivil said:

The BC government was putting all kinds of money into green energy in the form of wind and run of river projects. Then everyone got up in arms because the electricity was more expensive. People are also complaining about the huge hydro dam (on the already dammed river) that basically has a pretty minimal footprint in terms of flooding but a huge gain in output due to efficiency. That's an 8 billion dollar project. People are complaining about that too.

Of course, pretty hard to sell that energy to other people (except to the south) so how are we to generate income to pay for all these investments? Have to sell the rest of the world something, and it has to be something they want to buy. Which really doesn't leave a lot of options.

Oil is the one thing we have that China wants.  They want it so bad they will buy other things from us for the privilege.  I think the Chinese may have clued Trudeau in.  Expect some charity Bombardier purchases if things proceed.

20 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Translation:  Instead of putting your money where your mouth is, you want taxpayers to do so.  

BTW, I'm all for green energy if they have sufficient investors, able to raise funds openly on the equities and capital market, plus able to be competitive and self-sustaining with minimal government incentive and regulations.  But government funded eco-friendly company.... Solyndra....

24 minutes ago, inane said:

Don't be that guy with this stupid argument.

Many holy British Columbians rage about the tiny possibility of an oil spill while happily pumping two tankers of raw filth into the Ocean every week.  It's hypocrisy of the highest order.  The Victoria sewer problem could be handled for under a billion dollars.  Trans Mountain could be the greenest initiative in BC history if the government wanted to use pipeline profits to finally fix the sewer embarrassment.

41 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

Many holy British Columbians rage about the tiny possibility of an oil spill while happily pumping two tankers of raw filth into the Ocean every week.  It's hypocrisy of the highest order.  The Victoria sewer problem could be handled for under a billion dollars.  Trans Mountain could be the greenest initiative in BC history if the government wanted to use pipeline profits to finally fix the sewer embarrassment.

Logical fallacy bro, look into it.

4 minutes ago, inane said:

Logical fallacy bro, look into it.

I believe British Columbia is the only province to still condone this practice.  Or is it the only City in North America?  But yeah...I know...your $&!# don't stink.  But surely some of it does.  How Much?  1%?

Archived