The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Northern Gateway Pipeline KILLED

Warhippy

11 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Honeslty man, you keep saying this but you have no suggestions. You keep telling everyone how pathetic we are because we are still stuck in the Industrial Age yet you have no realistic solution. I believe there is a solution. I just don't think it's been discovered  yet. Generating electricity is about the easiest low laying fruit. However. I'm not even sure Oil burning power plants exist outside of simcity 2000.

Transportation is where the challenge is. Lithium can't do it, there isn't enough of it. Hydrogen isn't affordable. Solar power doesn't have the HP.

What are you going to do about plastic? Swivel your head from wherever your sitting and tell me about how you are going to replace your surroundings. 

Then once you have it all it all figured out. Try to figure out how you are going to make this a competitive option for the emerging underdeveloped world. Cause whatever you are doing right now isn't working.  

Lots of truth here,  I would add one important idea though.   Hydrogen assist is about as cheap as borsch and can be added to any internal combustion vehicle in very little time. 

At the very least it would curb the use of gas buy 50% easily.  The transition would be much less violent for the masters that rule the commodities and industries and they could figure out a way to charge us through the hoop for their new tech.   Errrrbody wins : )

3 minutes ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

Lots of truth here,  I would add one important idea though.   Hydrogen assist is about as cheap as borsch and can be added to any internal combustion vehicle in very little time. 

At the very least it would curb the use of gas buy 50% easily.  The transition would be much less violent for the masters that rule the commodities and industries and they could figure out a way to charge us through the hoop for their new tech.   Errrrbody wins : )

You're telling me that switching over to a Hyd assist is as cheap borsch? I actually priced it out for the hell of it and it's not as cheap and as black and white as it seems. It costs 710 USD surprisingly cheaper than I thought. However. How many people can install this on their own? Let's call it 1,500 CAD installed. Still not bad if you gain 59% fuel millage. The Only thing is  it voids your warranty. Anytime a car manufacturer doesn't add a really cheap fuel saving technology to their new vehicles, I become very sceptical. Is it because there is a big Oil company suppressing conspiracy? Possibly. It it because it shortens the life of your vehicle? Possibly. 

Either way, this technology isn't going to be for everyone and it certainly won't work in India and South America where 1000 USD is a huge chunk of their salary. 

51 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

You're telling me that switching over to a Hyd assist is as cheap borsch? I actually priced it out for the hell of it and it's not as cheap and as black and white as it seems. It costs 710 USD surprisingly cheaper than I thought. However. How many people can install this on their own? Let's call it 1,500 CAD installed. Still not bad if you gain 59% fuel millage. The Only thing is  it voids your warranty. Anytime a car manufacturer doesn't add a really cheap fuel saving technology to their new vehicles, I become very sceptical. Is it because there is a big Oil company suppressing conspiracy? Possibly. It it because it shortens the life of your vehicle? Possibly. 

Either way, this technology isn't going to be for everyone and it certainly won't work in India and South America where 1000 USD is a huge chunk of their salary. 

The hydro assist units have been in use in the trucking industry for a quite some time now.   Hydrogen assist units can be made for less than 100  actually.  If you want to get geared up you could spend thousands. Around 300 will build you a descent unit. .....you are right though on how many will be knowledgeable or even confident enough to attempt it.  Yeah say good bye to your new car warranty for sure. 

As for conspiracy ? meh, the tech has always been there it's just a matter of knowing it exists. Big oil cant stop ideas and eventually the rationale of hydrogen tech will take over.

It actually makes the car run much cleaner over all with a significant boost in power if your left foot is itchy lol. 

The real cost comes from electronics with these newer popular kits.  A CHT(cylinder head temp gauge) is a must to tune the mixture. With this in mind new cars are becoming insanely efficient some are getting 900 km to a tank.  

Honestly I am waiting for someone to perfect or adapt the Peltier  devices to everything this will solve all energy problems.

1 hour ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

The hydro assist units have been in use in the trucking industry for a quite some time now.   Hydrogen assist units can be made for less than 100  actually.  If you want to get geared up you could spend thousands. Around 300 will build you a descent unit. .....you are right though on how many will be knowledgeable or even confident enough to attempt it.  Yeah say good bye to your new car warranty for sure. 

As for conspiracy ? meh, the tech has always been there it's just a matter of knowing it exists. Big oil cant stop ideas and eventually the rationale of hydrogen tech will take over.

It actually makes the car run much cleaner over all with a significant boost in power if your left foot is itchy lol. 

The real cost comes from electronics with these newer popular kits.  A CHT(cylinder head temp gauge) is a must to tune the mixture. With this in mind new cars are becoming insanely efficient some are getting 900 km to a tank.  

Honestly I am waiting for someone to perfect or adapt the Peltier  devices to everything this will solve all energy problems.

What part of the trucking industry uses hydrogen assist units? an inquiring mind wants to know.

27 minutes ago, ice orca said:

What part of the trucking industry uses hydrogen assist units? an inquiring mind wants to know.

Some trucks use a very similar system much like a basic electrolysis unit to boos power for heavy loads on hills.  More about power rather than economy. 

edit- also there is another system more like the propane boost on a diesel truck. There are options people just need to learn and experiment more. It's our world to mold and shape into our perfect reality. We all need to get on board and it will happen.

They literally have something close to the star trek hypo spray for burn victims now. It is healing insane burns in days not months.

2 hours ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

If this is true, I'd much rather see governments providing free Hydo-Assist units to their citizens than the current carbon and green tax/subsidy systems in place.

Hopefully protests in bc get the same support...   These  will be the biggest protests in BC history..... 

Hundreds of US military veterans have joined activists in North Dakota protesting against the installation of a multi-billion dollar oil pipeline.

1 hour ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

Some trucks use a very similar system much like a basic electrolysis unit to boos power for heavy loads on hills.  More about power rather than economy. 

edit- also there is another system more like the propane boost on a diesel truck. There are options people just need to learn and experiment more. It's our world to mold and shape into our perfect reality. We all need to get on board and it will happen.

They literally have something close to the star trek hypo spray for burn victims now. It is healing insane burns in days not months.

Well i drive for a living and have yet to see a hydrogen injected system on a class 8 unit, unless you are referring to urea injection. Urea injection is used for emissions and nothing to do with power.

Hoping BC can match this...

Tribal leaders say there are now more than 10,000 people here and in some ways it feels more like a small town than an encampment.

Not since Ms Kasto's ancestor Crazy Horse led the Lakota to victory at the Battle of the Little Bighorn in 1876 have so many Sioux gathered in one place.

All seven "bands" of the tribe are present, hence the name Oceti Sakowin, which means Seven Fires Council.

Standing Rock: Winter is coming

Many more indigenous people have come from all over the United States and around the world, united in opposition to what they call the black snake: oil.

Terrible deal for BC

It would also increase the number of tankers leaving Vancouver-area waters seven-fold, from five to 34 per month, prompting fierce opposition from local mayors and First Nations who say any risk of a diluted-bitumen spill is unacceptable.

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Terrible deal for BC

It would also increase the number of tankers leaving Vancouver-area waters seven-fold, from five to 34 per month, prompting fierce opposition from local mayors and First Nations who say any risk of a diluted-bitumen spill is unacceptable.

This is the only real issue.  A puny price to pay for propping up our social safety net.

19 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yes, lots.

I guess we don't care much about the ocean anyway.  Isn't that where we flush raw sewage?  

I did some checking.  Victoria flushes a supertanker full of raw sewage into the Ocean every 4 days.  Between the sewer, the dams, and the logging, BC has gotta to be the worst (Quebec ?).  We better go find another rock to make into a park. @kingofsurrey

On 12/1/2016 at 0:01 AM, peaches5 said:

Hydrogen cars. The problem that all the money is being spent on cars that are using 200 year old technology literally. IF we really needed to we could easily find an alternative to fossil fuels but the big oil giants want you to believe your life depends on it.

Same problem- not enough catalyst for fuel cell. The air car is a viable option for private transport (i.e., cars) . 

I don't care what the big oil giants say - i myself am an engineer and i have worked both in the oil industry and manufacturing. The problem with alternative fuel cars is that it isn't scalable to include the bulk majority of transport today and the projected growth.

On 11/29/2016 at 6:10 PM, DonLever said:

It is the most logical, rational, and balanced decision to make.  

Like it or not, Trudeau and the Liberals made a clear and firm decision and took responsibility for it.   Unlike BC's Christy Clark who is sitting on the fence, playing both side of the issue.

As for the Alberta oil industry, quit your whining, you got want you wanted.

Environmentalists?   Well, they protest everything anyways.   Who will they vote for now?    The Green Party, the NDP?

I do think the "5 conditions" thing Clark came up with was OK. I'm really happy about the increased spill response. Right now we can barely handle a 13' aluminum boat springing a leak, let alone a tanker. 

Archived