The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alberts out? Who's Called Up?

Derp...

We need 6 D tomorrow, dono if Alberts is good to go, but who should we call up?

It would make the most sense to call up a lefty wouldn't it?

> Sauve? Tommernes? Andersson?

My pick would be Andersson personally.

He's the only guy with a positive +-, but I'm just basing my choice off stats.

> Anyone know who the best L D is in Utica right now?

Sauve has played in the NHL, but Tommernes has played a lot of pro hockey in Sweden, and also had a solid weekend of hockey.

I am pretty certain it will be Corrado... Gillis was talking about leaving him in the minors over the past while since the Canucks weren't playing, and allowing him to still get minutes and playing time in Utica.

I think his words were something like "We will see Corrado in the near future, how soon depends on how the next couple games go." That was just after Stanton went down... they are at home now, so I suspect he will be on a plane in the morning.

It's Corrado, I was actually mildly surprised he got sent down to the AHL this year, I think he's good enough to be at this level. Tanev 2.0.

Edit: BTW to clarify, Torts has commented a couple of times about how he's concerned with 'best player who deserves it' in forming lineups than AV was at having certain handed players paired up. That's why I think Corrado is getting the call. Under AV, it might've been different.

Exciting to see anyone come up form the D pool really.

Most have never got a shot in the NHL.

Corrado would be awesome, so we can see how he's been developing in Utica.

Kinda hope it's Andersson though. Remind's me of a left handed Tanev before Tanev broke into the NHL.

Tommernes stood out more than Corrado did when I watched the Comets game on Saturday..

I'm hoping it's Tommernes also, since we need to get a read on what we've got with him. In a year or two, he could be the puck-mover we all want. Anderson would be fine also. Of course Corrado deserves a shot, but the righty/lefty thing does matter, and Weber has been playing pretty well.

Archived