[Proposal] Van-Det Mantha+ for Edler+

To Detroit:

Edler

C prospect (Subban?)

Mid pick

To Van:

Mantha

Top six help now (Nyquist?)

Edler is expendable as a $5 Million 5th defenseman and we know Detroit likes big offensive minded swedish defenseman.

We get a pure goal scorer that could be ready to step in next year along with a good young forward ready to fill a top six role.

I would say Edler is greater than Mantha essentially giving the excess value of edler, a c prospect and a mid round pick for a top 6 forward.

Would you make this trade? Would Gillis make this trade? Would Detroit make this trade?

If we could get Mantha and Nyquist for Edler I'd do it. If we have to add anything significant then I'd have to think about it unless they compensate from their side. If it was Subban and a 4th, they'd have to sweeten the pot a bit for me.

We will never get Nyquist AND Mantha from Detroit, they need to start getting younger and those two guys represent the future of their forward depth.

Helm

Mantha

1st

Nyquist

Jurco

3rd

And that is if it is just edler + a pick. My take on things. But I would honestly consider trying to get savvy edler to waive for the Islanders as they're prospects fit our needs more so than Mantha and his need for two way development. At least then we can obtain that bona fide center, defensive or wing prospect +(+) for edler and ? Provided he waives

This proposal comes up every time after a world junior game.. Can we just make a Edler to Detroit thread to propose everything there?

As for the proposal, be more specific, what is in your mind a C prospect? What mid pick? 3rd? 4th? 5th?

We will never get Nyquist AND Mantha from Detroit, they need to start getting younger and those two guys represent the future of their forward depth.

Helm

Mantha

1st

Nyquist

Jurco

3rd

And that is if it is just edler + a pick. My take on things. But I would honestly consider trying to get savvy edler to waive for the Islanders as they're prospects fit our needs more so than Mantha and his need for two way development. At least then we can obtain that bona fide center, defensive or wing prospect +(+) for edler and ? Provided he waives

Yes please to that first package.

Subban is a hidden Treasure and pk might want to come here to finish his career, same with Malcolm. So no to that but I would do

Edler

3rd

For

Maanta

Nystum

dekeyser

How did you get Nystum from Nyquist?? :blink:

Subban is a hidden Treasure and pk might want to come here to finish his career, same with Malcolm. So no to that but I would do

Edler

1st

For

Maanta

Fransen

Dekeyser

Detroit won't give up Dekeyser just by us adding a 3rd. And I have no idea who Nystum is.

Detroit only has so much space right now, so to make it happen we'd have to take some more cap back - likely as a defenceman to make room for Edler. They aren't going to move Kronwall or Eriksson. I don't think they look to move Smith or Dekeyser. They just re-signed Kindl but has a reasonable longer term deal so that kinda leaves Quincey. I'm not sure we'd want to take him back at $3.775M (although he's a UFA this summer).

Maybe Edler, Schroeder and a 3rd for Quincey (cap reasons), Mantha and Nyquist? Many reasons why it wouldn't work though.

Helm

Mantha

1st

Nyquist

Jurco

3rd

People keep suggesting Helm but with his back/injury problems I'm not sure we'd look for him as a major piece in a deal without assurances. I agree though that I don't think Detroit is so desperate for a D like Edler that they'd move both Mantha and Nyquist to get him. They have ok D and guys like Oulette in the wings but could use that secondary scoring and youth up front more.

Detroit won't give up Dekeyser just by us adding a 3rd. And I have no idea who Nystum is.

this guy maybe?

Romance ebooks : Lybrary.com

www.lybrary.com › FictionRomance

... Jesse Yates and the top of the air hockey leaderboard is Cameron Greene. .... for a new life, giving up her career as an actress to marry wealthy Philip Nystum.

Agreed, Dekeyser is the reason they'd want Edler. Holmstrom/Edler, Dekeyser/Edler. It would be the main reason the Islanders would chase edler were he to hit the market would be to play along side of Hamonic. Same with Tampa for Salo. Edler is a top pairing D man not a stand alone 1-2.

Mantha or Nyquist a roster player and a pick for the original package but not all of it. Detroit won't do addition by subtraction, they never have. The only way we got both forward prospects is if we eat Tootoo's contract AND toss in an extra pick/prospect and then we'd be suffering the same fate by subtracting to add.

Burrows is better with us...As a 1st liner no if Torts says Kassian is to inconsistent this season to play with the twins theres no way Burrows should just because of history...Hansen has done well up there so really I would move Richardson to the 4th and slot Burr into that 3rd c position and Edler cant be traded till the offseason anyway I believe so why keep trying to move him not to mention we need offence...he provides offence now keep him on the blueline the entire time or try him with the twins/Kes on the wing is another story and if can would be perfect if not then send him out

Detroit only has so much space right now, so to make it happen we'd have to take some more cap back - likely as a defenceman to make room for Edler. They aren't going to move Kronwall or Eriksson. I don't think they look to move Smith or Dekeyser. They just re-signed Kindl but has a reasonable longer term deal so that kinda leaves Quincey. I'm not sure we'd want to take him back at $3.775M (although he's a UFA this summer).

Maybe Edler, Schroeder and a 3rd for Quincey (cap reasons), Mantha and Nyquist? Many reasons why it wouldn't work though.

People keep suggesting Helm but with his back/injury problems I'm not sure we'd look for him as a major piece in a deal without assurances. I agree though that I don't think Detroit is so desperate for a D like Edler that they'd move both Mantha and Nyquist to get him. They have ok D and guys like Oulette in the wings but could use that secondary scoring and youth up front more.

Edited it

This proposal comes up every time after a world junior game.. Can we just make a Edler to Detroit thread to propose everything there?

As for the proposal, be more specific, what is in your mind a C prospect? What mid pick? 3rd? 4th? 5th?

I thought the proposal was fairly specific when I mentioned Subban as a c prospect and I figured I didn't need to be specific with any pick over a 2nd rounder because honestly could care less if it took a 3rd, 4th or 5th to make it happen.

I looked through the first page of proposals and didn't see anything specific to Mantha, who happens to be a 3 ppg player at the wjc.

I wonder why his name keeps popping up after world junior games? Do you watch much QMJHL action from BC, if so, what cable package do you have?

As for your post, maybe you can be more of an addition to the conversation next time, as your post was not that, at all.

Helm

Mantha

1st

Nyquist

Jurco

3rd

I would agree that detroit wouldn't WANT to give up both, but, I think they want a top pairing defenseman enough to think about it.

I would agree that detroit wouldn't WANT to give up both, but, I think they want a top pairing defenseman enough to think about it.

They won't give up both. They could just as easily talk to Phoenix or even Ottawa both of whom have solid top 6 and a lot of D prospects to cover any gaps.

If we could get Mantha and Nyquist for Edler I'd do it. If we have to add anything significant then I'd have to think about it unless they compensate from their side. If it was Subban and a 4th, they'd have to sweeten the pot a bit for me.

Would happily do that trade as long as c prospect isn't Subban, I think he will turn into great player for us.

Archived