The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]1 second

Blueberries

The Canucks need to get bigger because it is painfully obvious that over the last 3 seasons, this team does not have a talent problem, they just cannot handle big teams like LA, Anahiem or Boston. The guys are working their butts off out there, we are solid in goal but the lack of size up front is killing us.

We have Sestito and Kassian to push back but we need top 4 guys that can not only push but score.

Unless MG can miraculously find a few spare goal scoring forwards with size, we are out in the 1st round again.

Last 2 games: even though we were in the games, it reminds me of the canucks opponents in 2011 - back then if we played our game we would win.

Erhoff, Kesler injury, elder injury: not the same since

Back then u felt sorry for the other teams - u just knew the bucks would win. Now it is definitely a "process"

I think fans are just frustrated seeing the same story over and over again. This team has had the same problems for years, and management has failed to address them in the slightest.

It seems like it's good enough for them to just make the playoffs and see what happens, rather than do anything they can to get this team back to being a contender.

If our only goal is to win a round or two, then we might as well pack it up and start rebuilding. But if they wanna go for it then go for it, there's no halfway. That's how you become a perennial middle of the pack team with no improvement.

It is hard to take you seriously when you're down there with the best of them constantly flip flopping your stance towards the team. One minute you will attack anyone who has a bad word to say against the team and the next you're only saying bad things yourself.

It is fun to speculate on what "should," be done, but you have to realize that you couldn't do a better job than Mike Gillis and neither could anyone on CDC. If the team could acquire a bonafide top six sniper or whatever it is you want without giving up so much that it would create more holes than it would fill then they would do it.

Of course more points would be nice. But come on,

2 top 6 FWs (Burrows, Higgins) out.

2 out 6 D (Edler, Stanton) out.

Back to back against LAK & ANA.

I like what I'm seeing. I think they're playing great hockey.

You are hallucinating. 2 SOG in the 2nd period is not great hockey.

It is hard to take you seriously when you're down there with the best of them constantly flip flopping your stance towards the team. One minute you will attack anyone who has a bad word to say against the team and the next you're only saying bad things yourself.

It is fun to speculate on what "should," be done, but you have to realize that you couldn't do a better job than Mike Gillis and neither could anyone on CDC. If the team could acquire a bonafide top six sniper or whatever it is you want without giving up so much that it would create more holes than it would fill then they would do it.

I'm not flip flopping. I call the team out when they deserve it and defend them when they don't deserve to be called out.

Tonight was the last straw. How many times do we have to give up leads late in games before some changes are made? This is not a new occurrence, this has been going on for years.

And saying that I couldn't do a better job than Gillis isn't really a ringing endorsement of him. He's a general manager that is getting paid millions to make this team a contender. For the last 3 years he's done very little to really make that happen. Therefore he deserves to get called out with the rest of the team.

I'm also tired of this team having to play plugs when injuries hit because we have no depth in our system. That's on him too.

The Canucks need to get bigger because it is painfully obvious that over the last 3 seasons, this team does not have a talent problem, they just cannot handle big teams like LA, Anahiem or Boston. The guys are working their butts off out there, we are solid in goal but the lack of size up front is killing us.

We have Sestito and Kassian to push back but we need top 4 guys that can not only push but score.

Unless MG can miraculously find a few spare goal scoring forwards with size, we are out in the 1st round again.

What kind of talent have you been watching every playoffs since the 2011 run on this team lol

We barely averaged 2 gpg since our SJS series in 2011

Of course more points would be nice. But come on,

2 top 6 FWs (Burrows, Higgins) out.

2 out 6 D (Edler, Stanton) out.

Back to back against LAK & ANA.

I like what I'm seeing. I think they're playing great hockey.

not sure if you are being sarcastic of just delusional ....

I'm not flip flopping. I call the team out when they deserve it and defend them when they don't deserve to be called out.

Tonight was the last straw. How many times do we have to give up leads late in games before some changes are made? This is not a new occurrence, this has been going on for years.

And saying that I couldn't do a better job than Gillis isn't really a ringing endorsement of him. He's a general manager that is getting paid millions to make this team a contender. For the last 3 years he's done very little to really make that happen. Therefore he deserves to get called out with the rest of the team.

I'm also tired of this team having to play plugs when injuries hit because we have no depth in our system. That's on him too.

The team is missing Edler, Burrows, and now Higgins. Schroeder has yet to be seen. The team is also in a transition period. A few loses is not reason to blow it up or ship out the farm. Let the team play this out and in all likely hood you will be back to attacking any negativity whether it is warranted or otherwise. Time is an asset and one that it would be a shame to waist. No one makes substantial trades before they get in sight of the trade deadline. It is a long season my friend, give it time.

Archived