The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] LAK - 1/13/14 - 7:30PM

Strombone1

Canucks have more regulation wins than LA right now, 22-21

LA has more wins and ROW comes in as the tie breaker only if you have equal amount of wins.

Bring back Booth, we need him on that 3rd line, plus he can boost his trade value when he comes back, man I feel for this guy, anyways, just play the way Torts wants the team to play and we can play against anyone. That last game against the Kings, we played at their level for only the 1st period, after that everything went to sh_t, sustain the forecheck and watch the odd man rush and we got this.

I dont feel for him at all he is paid 4.25 million to play a sport for a living, most people's dream. He's either too stupid to learn, or unwilling to push himself..so that's on him...

agree though, get him going, get some points on the board and get even a late round pick plus the salary removal vs a buy out...that would be the smart move...

prob is torts is about effort and he wont be told who to play, nor where....and it might create problems in the room as the guys aren't stupid they will know its all an attempt to up his value and should they lose bc of his play it makes a mess...

best thing we can hope for..he simply plays hard as the 3rd/4th liner and minimizes mistakes..

Torts re: Edler: "We want to try and get him into situations where he can succeed."

Head Coach John Tortorella talks about the return of Alex Edler to the Canucks lineup tonight in Los Angeles against the Kings.

You know i watch this and I see such an amazing coach...so many great things said in there, defending his players, pumping them up but at the same time not letting players off the hook...

1. He was being pushed to bash Edler and says the suspension hurt his game and we're trying to get him back to that...such a positive way to look at things.

2. He was being pushed to say the players playing on the first line aren't doing it and he suggest the loss of Burr has impacted them which it has but also he needs more from the twins, that they aren't off the hook, such a wise comment, two of the best players in the league should make the 3rd player better not find a guy that works with them...accountability

3. Same with Kesler, saying they need more...but in a positive way...

I wanted this guy as our coach in the offseason and just love him, honest, straightforward, and just give me everything you got....

Hard not to love this team with him behind the bench

I think having Edler back will be a huge boost for the boys, even confidence wise. Ya he hasn't had a great year but don't forget he plays against every team's top lines and kills pk, adds another shot to the pp, and eats ALOT of minutes, that means guys like garrison and bieksa don't need to take as many, and it can help minimize their fatigue errors..all around it helps that we have our top 4 dmen back....

Nice to hear Schroeder, Stanton were skating with the team as well and that Burrows is close...

Everyone has been bashing our boys but I don't think there are many teams in the Pacific (which is now the toughest division in hockey) that have faced the amount of injuries to key players we have, and we're still well in the hunt, bodes well.

If MG can make a couple of deadline deals for depth on D, and perhaps a big physical winger you never know....we will have a shot...and then its up to momentum

Archived