The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] LAK - 1/13/14 - 7:30PM

Strombone1

I've hated on Edlers play this season, but I'm glad he's back. It should give our team some more confidence and I have a feeling he's going to be throw some big hits tonight.

yes and will give the rest of the guys a bit more rest, they have been over used, Bieksa and Garrison because of injuries and fatigue impacts players, mental errors, that extra jump isn't there...the fact we just got back a dman who can play 25 mins a night (sure maybe not tonight as he eases in) can only help the group!

and when Eddie is on, he is a hell of a dman, as Tort's said, he just needs to get his confidence back...if you watch that pregame interview Torts was very correct in his assessment...

Start of the year Eddie was playing very well and Torts was praising him, then the garbage suspension and he falters...likely playing tentative and worried now, and that fraction of a second makes a difference, that over thinking...

as torts likes to say, he just needs to go play...i have faith in edler more than many here, i think he is a fine dman who is going through a rough patch, sure he's a trade chip but his worth is higher than what we would get back right now...so if you move him, you wait till you can get his value back up where it belongs...

Don't try to match them physically.....there's no way we'll beat them at their own game. We need to make quick, crisp passes and wait for opportunities. Play in the middle of the ice and stay away from the boards in the offensive zone...that won't amount to anything

Like Zoolander said dont try to play their game. You dont need to have huge hits(unless if u see brown). Play the Nucks game. Forecheck hard. Dont let them out of their zone. They are going to block shots so pass it around until u have the opening. Dont be looking at the puck-SKATE! and dont lose confidence if they score, just get it back.

For Edler: try to ease into this one. dont push yourself. play simple hockey- hit,get puck and clear it. Get a feel before you start hitting. dont get nervous, LA will come hard, but dont worry your a great Dman, play the error free game and gain back your confidence with good short shifts.

I don't advocate cheap or dirty hockey, but if the opportunity exists to knock Brown's head off- please make it happen guys. Oh, and while your at it, Garrison could you please step into a slapshot and put it right in Dough-boys kisser so I don't have to listen to his "how much I hate the Canucks" interviews for a couple of months.

I don't advocate cheap or dirty hockey, but if the opportunity exists to knock Brown's head off- please make it happen guys. Oh, and while your at it, Garrison could you please step into a slapshot and put it right in Dough-boys kisser so I don't have to listen to his "how much I hate the Canucks" interviews for a couple of months.

If you don't advocate "dirty hockey" then just redefine what the term means.

Archived