The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Total number of penalty minutes Devorski gave us in those 2 games?

BlueLemming

I think think that the refs should be made available to the media after the game. If representatives from each team are made available for post game questions, and the coaches are accessible, why arent the refs? They have the ability to make or break teams and they should be accountable and be able to publicly justify their actions. Players make mistakes and they have to face the cameras, why are refs so special?

I think if the refs can't handle the heat they should stay the hell out of the fire. They get to do whatever they want with 0 reprecussion. Devorski can't take a tongue lashing from Torts? Go ref minors you amateur.

I think think that the refs should be made available to the media after the game. If representatives from each team are made available for post game questions, and the coaches are accessible, why arent the refs? They have the ability to make or break teams and they should be accountable and be able to publicly justify their actions. Players make mistakes and they have to face the cameras, why are refs so special?

I get your point here, I mean judges give interviews after their rulings, NFL refs have press conferences, why not NHL refs?

I get your point here, I mean judges give interviews after their rulings, NFL refs have press conferences, why not NHL refs?

Maybe teams should be allowed to submit a list of 3 refs they don't want working their games? If a particular ref is named by enough teams that scheduling becomes an issue, maybe he shouldn't be reffing in the NHL.

Maybe teams should be allowed to submit a list of 3 refs they don't want working their games? If a particular ref is named by enough teams that scheduling becomes an issue, maybe he shouldn't be reffing in the NHL.

Why don't the team bring their own refs? That's the next natural step, right?

Why don't the team bring their own refs? That's the next natural step, right?

It's a means of creating some accountability, which is clearly an issue. It also benefits the league, as situations like the Auger incident could be avoided by a team simply putting Auger on their list.

Baseball does this. The umpires are made available after the games, just like the players and managers. There have been a few notable times where umpires have apologized immediately after the game for blown calls. (The one that most easily comes to mind is 3-4 years ago when an umpire blew a call on the final out that would've given the pitcher a perfect game or a no-hitter. I believe it was a Tigers pitcher).

It's a means of creating some accountability, which is clearly an issue. It also benefits the league, as situations like the Auger incident could be avoided by a team simply putting Auger on their list.

So, as far as you know, the refs are not accountable? Or are you saying that they should be accountable to the teams directly? Which then leads directly to each team having their own ref. Is that where this is canucks fan want their own refs?

So, as far as you know, the refs are not accountable? Or are you saying that they should be accountable to the teams directly? Which then leads directly to each team having their own ref. Is that where this is canucks fan want their own refs?

I'm saying the league obviously is not doing a sufficient job holding them accountable due to the piss-poor job they are doing. Using this method makes calling out officials publicly unnecessary, which helps the league save face. This doesn't give teams their own ref, it ensures that BOTH teams are at least reasonably happy with the officials working any given game

It's not really making them accountable to teams directly, as they would just be working other games if they got on a team's blacklist. The only time it would affect a ref adversely is if they were doing such a poor job that a large number of teams took issue with their work.

I am at a Loss to describe the officiating......

I am Blind

Iam Deaf

I am going to be an NHL Ref

I suspect its time for Nuck Ownership to make a call to Bettman and square things up!!

or leave a horses head in his bed or something!!! seriously.

When things get called that out of hand, I just wanna puke? What school for Morons did Dvorsky attend???

Rant over

The refs let plenty go as long as it was the Ducks. It was clear to me the refs are managing the games to make the Canadian teams lose. Ever since they instituted the so called Game Management system and with it an extra ref, there has also been a bias Favoring American based teams. Hockey will never be as big as it is in Canada in California. So the league wants help them win. That is hardly necessary when a team like the Ducks laden with big skilled players play the Canucks a small weak team that once had some gritty character players.

It just as well the refs are ruining the game, but our whole system is flawed. It also seems to me that last night the Canucks did not come to play. My personal opinion is that the assistant coaches and the GM are weak. After 7 yrs gillis has messed things up bad. After last night management has to do something for their fans. There is no leadership in the organization.

This is why we need a Canadian league. Not one run by a yanky.

I'm saying the league obviously is not doing a sufficient job holding them accountable due to the piss-poor job they are doing. Using this method makes calling out officials publicly unnecessary, which helps the league save face. This doesn't give teams their own ref, it ensures that BOTH teams are at least reasonably happy with the officials working any given game

It's not really making them accountable to teams directly, as they would just be working other games if they got on a team's blacklist. The only time it would affect a ref adversely is if they were doing such a poor job that a large number of teams took issue with their work.

Just a simple question: have you ever been happy with the work of a referee in a game that the canucks have lost?

I am at a Loss to describe the officiating......

I am Blind

Iam Deaf

I am going to be an NHL Ref

I suspect its time for Nuck Ownership to make a call to Bettman and square things up!!

or leave a horses head in his bed or something!!! seriously.

When things get called that out of hand, I just wanna puke? What school for Morons did Dvorsky attend???

Rant over

I'm shocked Aquilini hasn't done or said anything yet. Pathetic.

Not just when we play these California teams... vs the penguins both games this year were % 100 fixed.

The refs let plenty go as long as it was the Ducks. It was clear to me the refs are managing the games to make the Canadian teams lose. Ever since they instituted the so called Game Management system and with it an extra ref, there has also been a bias Favoring American based teams. Hockey will never be as big as it is in Canada in California. So the league wants help them win. That is hardly necessary when a team like the Ducks laden with big skilled players play the Canucks a small weak team that once had some gritty character players.

It just as well the refs are ruining the game, but our whole system is flawed. It also seems to me that last night the Canucks did not come to play. My personal opinion is that the assistant coaches and the GM are weak. After 7 yrs gillis has messed things up bad. After last night management has to do something for their fans. There is no leadership in the organization.

This is why we need a Canadian league. Not one run by a yanky.

"This is why we need a Canadian league. Not one run by a yanky". This is a strong statement. Should yanky players like Sestito be allowed in our league?

Archived