The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Total number of penalty minutes Devorski gave us in those 2 games?

BlueLemming

Just stop.

Most here are aware the Canucks lost because they sucked in that game. That still doesn't justify the poor reffing. Or are you trying to claim that you are satisfied? Please justify that if you are instead of just making sarcastic remarks.

The Nucks also lost because Anaheim has a better team ATM.

The Nucks also lost because Anaheim has a better team ATM.

WE KNOW, all the people in this thread that just sit here and go "well Anaherp derpatity won because derpatity derp has a better derp team than us" WE KNOW!

Anaheim is stacked, and they showed it last night, the Canucks are struggling and injured with a core that isn't producing. We are angry not blind.

We are frustrated at THE QUALITY OF THE REFEREE'S, not that Anaheim out played the Canucks last night. The Canucks played well for 15 minutes, and that's it.

Does that excuse the actions of Devorski? NO.

Maybe teams should be allowed to submit a list of 3 refs they don't want working their games? If a particular ref is named by enough teams that scheduling becomes an issue, maybe he shouldn't be reffing in the NHL.

I'm interested to know how referees are assigned to work games - during the regular season.

In a lot of jobs...assignments are bid for based upon seniority....or hub-locations. Is that the case with the NHL's officials? Is the Director of Officiating pro-active in making regular season assignments... OR are they set well in advance during the off-season like NHL teams receive their own schedules? It would be awesome...if TEAM 1040, another media outlet, or CDC.... could help-out by unearthing this info.

It would be extremely revealing to know....if O'Halloran & Sutherland actually bid to work O-6 or 'Nucks games - where any axes they grind would appear to be their own...or are they being assigned & the optics of bias being totally ignored or over-looked by the Director of Officiating & his supervisors. With 45 other head referees to choose from...avoiding the optics of bias in a few key match-ups, should NOT be all that difficult.

The tendancy of refs to develop familiar linkages to teams in certain cities...is essentially homerism. This can happen - especially if officiating crews don't rotate thru the rest of the league that much. Is THIS the case with those star-struck So-Cal crews? Are they overly enamoured with the glamourous players & their celebrity friends? Could this be causing their on-ice behaviors to be somewhat..ingratiating?

The over-inflated home-winning-records of the So-Cal teams (vs their away-winning-records) is statistically suspicious. What explanations could there be for this? What-ever-it-is....it's NOT being seen by the League's king-pins as a problem. The status-quo apparently suits the league & the BOG Chairman's machinations....VERY WELL!

Ive been watching NHL games for decades....has anyone ever seen a 7 minute 5 on 3? Its a hard stat to look up. Im willing to bet that its probably the first time in NHL history a 7 minute 5 on 3 has been assessed. That, or its very rare.... (not to mention getting 3 7 minute penalties within 2 games)

Devorski has zero game management skills. The ducks already were humiliating the canucks on the score board, there was less than 10 minutes left, a bunch of Duck players were involved in the scrum and he couldnt find a way to send one of their guys to the box? Smells like a bit of personal vendetta to me - I think that Torts really gave it to him in LA and he was looking for some payback...

so is "game management" todays "moral victory? If Garret wouldn't have said it during the broadcast no one would be spewing it around now. You want to talk about gane management, look at Torts, look at the players, not the referee.

so is "game management" todays "moral victory? If Garret wouldn't have said it during the broadcast no one would be spewing it around now. You want to talk about gane management, look at Torts, look at the players, not the referee.

Please, people have been talking about refs and game management for a long time...do you think Garret just made that up on the spot?

The players and the coach had poor games, i havent seen anyone say otherwise - this doesnt excuse the refs from criticism.

WE KNOW, all the people in this thread that just sit here and go "well Anaherp derpatity won because derpatity derp has a better derp team than us" WE KNOW!

Anaheim is stacked, and they showed it last night, the Canucks are struggling and injured with a core that isn't producing. We are angry not blind.

We are frustrated at THE QUALITY OF THE REFEREE'S, not that Anaheim out played the Canucks last night. The Canucks played well for 15 minutes, and that's it.

Does that excuse the actions of Devorski? NO.

I agree, three 7 min penalties in two games by the same ref is suspect. I guess it just makes me laugh because this is an ongoing saga that will never die. First. There are two categories of NHL teams. The "darlings" and "the rest of us". We are in the latter. I can tell you with 99% certainty that the league does not want Anaherp in the finals. Second. There is no league mandate, there is no conspiracy against the Canucks. There is, however, a serious discrepancy in officiating quality which does affect teams with reputations for being whiny, like we have, along with Montreal and others. I get that you are frustrated, so am I, but at the end of the day, I will not let it get to me because it is nothing new. Remember Auger? How bout Ron MacLean? All you can do is sit back and discuss it on this forum, there is no other recourse, so I would caution you against getting too upset.

I just love this thread. People are getting so butthurt on both sides of the debate. Guess what, Devorski has been making some seriously bad calls and there is no conspiracy...you're both right.

Why are some people so reluctant to admit a possible conspiracy? This league, like the world, is run by money and certain outcomes generate more money for the league. Do you really think the people in charge of running this league are concerned with moral ethics? No, they'd rig the games if they could get away with it. There may not be some conspiracy, but its naive to think the league is putting equality and fairness above making money.

Under no circumstance, even if the stage had been reversed would the Canucks have gotten a 7 minute 5 on 3. Typically when the Canucks are blowing a team out, the refs are giving the other team chances to make it close, or at the very least trying not to help the Canucks pile on. I've never in my many years of following hockey, seen anything like this.

Why are some people so reluctant to admit a possible conspiracy? This league, like the world, is run by money and certain outcomes generate more money for the league. Do you really think the people in charge of running this league are concerned with moral ethics? No, they'd rig the games if they could get away with it. There may not be some conspiracy, but its naive to think the league is putting equality and fairness above making money.

Under no circumstance, even if the stage had been reversed would the Canucks have gotten a 7 minute 5 on 3. Typically when the Canucks are blowing a team out, the refs are giving the other team chances to make it close, or at the very least trying not to help the Canucks pile on. I've never in my many years of following hockey, seen anything like this.

I agree with this and another comment that was made in this thread that their isn't a direct conspiracy against the Canucks, but two groups: "The Darlings" and "The Rest of us."

Your delusional if you think that this league, or any league, isn't run by a bunch of greedy, corrupt businessmen with no morals.

Also I doubt games are fixed to an extent that some people on here are saying, but I bet the refs are told favor one team over another in certain games/series.

Cali teams need to win at home because Californians don't give a crap about hockey and won't follow their teams to away games. They can't even keep them interested in a Ducks team that won the cup relatively recently. This type of reffing in this situation is nothing new.

The difference is that the Canucks knew this going in and when the games were out of reach, used the game to send a message and fortify their identity. The other major change is that we have seen 3 times in the last 2 games that fighting majors and instigators have been given only to Canucks players when Cali team players puss out of fighting and turtle after agreeing to go. Then they try to keep Cali players from being hurt by throwing misconducts out to Canucks players like they're offside calls.

Can't wait to hear Cherry have a conniption over it and I guarantee you he will. You thought the diving was bad? The fight baiting is gonna get out of control.

wonder what would have happened if Torts pulled the goalie at the beginning of the 7-min 5-3 and have our guys stand around at center ice

I was almost hoping they would do something like that just to show how stupid that 5 on 3 was

Archived