The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT 2-1 loss to Preds

Ryan kesler the beast

Nope that is 1 year...12 was Garrison 11 Hamhuis Manny Higgins

If you hate Gillis so much you apply for the GM job...Tell him all your experience and have Aquilini tell you he knows Gillis is on the path he is comfortable with...Even if Gillis had the cap would you be happy is he signed Clarkson? Clowe? There was no top FA that would of helped this year don't kid yourself with that

And what about the Hodgeson for Kassian? is that not a big deal within the last 3 years?

The bottom line is I'm going to die without a cup.

you said our defense was championship calibre yet you don't want it to be compared with a championship team's defense? lol ok

and other teams? St Louis's defense destroys ours as well

your comparing defense in terms of points scored which is the wrong way to do it

DEFENSE NOT OFFENSE

ga is 8th in the league just so you know which is part of the DEFENSE

I had hoped that a revitalized team under Torts might get this core group back to a level that could compete with the best teams in the league. Sadly, it appears they simply don't have the talent or drive to achieve anything more than mid-level success. I too am now focused on the youth in the system as the only thing about this team to be excited about.

\I understand the desire to move from a finesse only team to a grittier style of play but to retain the same small core and try to get them to play that style was never going to succeed. Sticking with the Sedinsm as great as they are, signed the death toll for this team;s short-term cup aspirations.

Bang on.

Except that I didn't believe that a coaching change would make much of a difference with this team. That's not a reflection of Torts' coaching ability, but more a reflection that the core, and MG's reluctance to tinker with it, was the real issue.

your comparing defense in terms of points scored which is the wrong way to do it

DEFENSE NOT OFFENSE

Hey now don't you know we need 5 forwards on the ice to score and change quickly when they comeback at us

Sorry, I am. I'm just sick of it. Not much excites me more than the Canucks. I've lived through the lean years and it was almost better than this because I knew we were trying and the owner was spending as much as he could. Now I just feel like MG is protecting his career more than he's doing what's right for the Canucks.

I will stop posting because I obviously am mad but I guess I'm too old to understand hockey anymore. Back in the day the best players made the best teams ... we're not interested in those players ... I hate the industry

Funny you say this, but this has been my feeling for a good couple of years now.

Offense also takes pressure off the Defense by spending more time in their zone and swinging or continuing momentum. When the goals start coming, this team is easily one of the best.

When exactly do you anticipate these goals to start coming? It's been 3 years now that this team has struggled offensively and the reason they couldn't progress in the playoffs. What is it you see that makes you think this same core will suddenly start scoring at a much improved rate?

Nichuskin was available. Scored his 11th and plays with pop for a rookie. We got another 3C in Horvat.

Just saying

oh really didn't realize Horvat was playing in the NHL already and stopped developing

Kesler was considering a 3C too just saying

oh and Dallas is 10th in the west 7 points behind us 1 game in hand

DEFENSE NOT OFFENSE

right because getting points from the back end is not important... :rolleyes:

look where Chicago and St Louis are in the standings and then look where we are

Puck luck? Chances? The team is struggling because they lack chemistry.

Players who are playing poorly aren't being held accountable. Hamhuis needs to be sat for a game or so. As does Edler. They need to be sent a message. You play poorly, you sit.

The present core, as talented as they are, have passed their time. As much as I want to see the core hoist the Cup, it isn't happening. The power play is anemic, which is a huge blow to productivity.

These are simple and obvious signs that this team needs massive changes. Players need to be traded. The core that Gillis so blindly refers to as competitive, needs to be dismantled. The time has come to move on.

I won't say who has to be traded because I don't even know. I'm not a general manager of a professional hockey team. However I don't think Gillis is fulfilling his role either. He's had more than enough opportunity to improve upon the roster he inherited. He's fallen short.

While I'm still a fan of the team, it's somewhat taxing to root for a team that has a hard time stringing wins together with the payroll they have.

I'd say Go Canucks Go, but for now I'll say good luck Canucks, good luck.

When exactly do you anticipate these goals to start coming? It's been 3 years now that this team has struggled offensively and the reason they couldn't progress in the playoffs. What is it you see that makes you think this same core will suddenly start scoring at a much improved rate?

last I checked 3 years ago we won the presidents trophy for a 2nd time in a row...

Don't know if this will make you feel better but at least this years scoring drought is coming earlier. Sort off...

oh really didn't realize Horvat was playing in the NHL already and stopped developing

Kesler was considering a 3C too just saying

oh and Dallas is 10th in the west 7 points behind us 1 game in hand

Kesler is not much of an offensive threat and would be better suited ot a pure shutdown role on a third line. This team needs a 2nd line that can generate offence and Kesler isn't really that guy.

Puck luck? Chances? The team is struggling because they lack chemistry.

Players who are playing poorly aren't being held accountable. Hamhuis needs to be sat for a game or so. As does Edler. They need to be sent a message. You play poorly, you sit.

The present core, as talented as they are, have passed their time. As much as I want to see the core hoist the Cup, it isn't happening. The power play is anemic, which is a huge blow to productivity.

These are simple and obvious signs that this team needs massive changes. Players need to be traded. The core that Gillis so blindly refers to as competitive, needs to be dismantled. The time has come to move on.

I won't say who has to be traded because I don't even know. I'm not a general manager of a professional hockey team. However I don't think Gillis is fulfilling his role either. He's had more than enough opportunity to improve upon the roster he inherited. He's fallen short.

While I'm still a fan of the team, it's somewhat taxing to root for a team that has a hard time stringing wins together with the payroll they have.

I'd say Go Canucks Go, but for now I'll say good luck Canucks, good luck.

If you thought Hamhuis was bad and needs to sit, then we should just tell Bieksa to take his ball and go home.

Archived