The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Things are not adding up guys.

It's a process

Man, this is why I don't bother with the PGT/GDTs - even when we're winning. So much drivel and knee jerk reaction stuff that it hurts to try and understand how people become so sad and angry. The positive versions are easier to take, but so little substance all over the place.

Erhoff's strength was rushing the puck up the ice and getting pucks to the net from the point, I think that Salo was the main cog in the machine.

As for Garrison - I think you will be waiting a long time for him to figure this out Bob. I just dont think the guy has it. He might win the canuck skills competition for the hardest shot but I am having doubts that he can deliver in game situations. Ive noticed his one timers are terrible...his accuracy depends on stopping the puck first...this gives the goalie and opposing d time to set up.

I don't understand why Canuck fans and Canuck management jizz their pants when they acquire a defenseman with a booming slapshot. The hard shot is a small equation in what it takes to setup a goal. It's also the last part of the equation, so if all the other variables don't fall into place, it is useless.

Things like moving the puck, tape to tape passes, getting the goalie moving side to side, screening the goalie, getting a clean shot through the maze of bodies, a low shot that can be deflected are all more important factors than that booming slapshot.

Our defense personal is broken cuz none of the defensemen complement each others play. We just have a stiff, immobile clone of 6 of the same player.

I'll grant you that the atmosphere in the Rog is embarrassing at best and pathetic at worst, and the fact that the Sedins are likely two of the best players to have ever suited up for the team but I think you're being overly dramatic. It's a two way street. This team should be able to walk all over Edmonton - a team without a single REAL household name on the blueline and the Universe in net.

they should, they definitely should. I think they should've been playing much harder too! But they weren't until the last 5 minutes. Its moments like those where I see that the Canucks are capable of being a great team, but they just aren't motivated for some reason.

they should, they definitely should. I think they should've been playing much harder too! But they weren't until the last 5 minutes. Its moments like those where I see that the Canucks are capable of being a great team, but they just aren't motivated for some reason.

So what does it take to motivate millionaire athletes who are supposedly playing the sport they love?

A new coach? Check. Fresh system? Check.

I've come to terms with the fact that they just aren't good enough.

Guys like Hansen, and Higgins and Burrows have the desire but sometimes desire alone doesn't get you there if you aren't good enough.

This isn't Rudy, Bob, this is the real world.

I can't believe how many times they botched routine passes tonight. The past two games have been utterly painful to watch.

EDIT: just to clarify - I mean to say that these players are miscast. There is no way these guys should be top 6. I don't care how hard they work.

I don't understand why Canuck fans and Canuck management jizz their pants when they acquire a defenseman with a booming slapshot. The hard shot is a small equation in what it takes to setup a goal. It's also the last part of the equation, so if all the other variables don't fall into place, it is useless.

Things like moving the puck, tape to tape passes, getting the goalie moving side to side, screening the goalie, getting a clean shot through the maze of bodies, a low shot that can be deflected are all more important factors than that booming slapshot.

Our defense personal is broken cuz none of the defensemen complement each others play. We just have a stiff, immobile clone of 6 of the same player.

Doesn't matter the bomb Slapshot makes the goal that much better and more exciting.

So what does it take to motivate millionaire athletes who are supposedly playing the sport they love?

A new coach? Check. Fresh system? Check.

I've come to terms with the fact that they just aren't good enough.

Guys like Hansen, and Higgins and Burrows have the desire but sometimes desire alone doesn't get you there if you aren't good enough.

This isn't Rudy, Bob, this is the real world.

I can't believe how many times they botched routine passes tonight. The past two games have been utterly painful to watch.

I agree completely. But how is it that such good players just suddenly stop?

Man, I can't believe what I'm reading here. People asking the Sedins, two of the the best Canucks ever, to just leave? Just leave and never come back no one cares about what you have done for this team.

C'mon. If us, the fans, won't motivate the players then who will? We need to stand behind our players guys. Show them we're here.

I at least, definitely am. I'm sure they'll pull through.

Well said. I'm happy to know we have 2 of the best all time Canucks signed for a few more years. The scoring slump will end and the points will start racking up soon enough.

Simply put boring hockey! I hate that we dump it in all the time and basically turn the puck over to the other team.

If my math is correct there's only one puck on the ice and if you want to win you should have said puck in your possession, No?

I think there was 12 Booth's floating about tonight but with 5 minutes to go they sure turned it on didn't they.

Just goes to show they (as a whole) didn't give an honest effort.

-I thought all of the defenseman had a poor game tonight..At times they played like they were complete strangers to each others...Garrison and Edler were making some of the worst decisions.

-I liked the line of Kassian,Schroeder,Booth..they had some great energy happening...Kassian made some big time bloopers ,but I can live with that..He's becoming a force out there.

Archived