The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Things are not adding up guys.

It's a process

You dont scratch your best players , even if they are slumping....Especially when the team needs all the able bodied players they can get their hands on. He needs his confidence back , you think the pressbox will help?

Some of you guys are clueless.

And you've got it figured out? Sure thing buddy.

Guess what people... It's called a slump. Once we snap out of it, and I wish I knew when it will be but I dont (against Chicago, or when we get Torts back would be my guesses), we will go on a win streak and suddenly we're the best team in the NHL again. Stick with them people, they know how to play hockey.

brendin.gif

At the beginning of the season, I said I didn't think the Canucks would make the playoffs. Despite my lack of expectations, it still kills me to see them play the way they did tonight.

I don't believe the Canucks should look to find players at the deadline for a cup run because I don't think they are good enough. I don't think there is a player out there that can make such a drastic difference for this team.

If you look at likely opponents, we may face teams like Anaheim, Chicago, etc. and I don't think we can beat those teams in a 7 game series. That's just realistic. Nothing I've seen this season has made me think otherwise.

The Canucks need to retool and do it quickly if they're to avoid a late disastrous rebuild a la the Flames. They should be focusing all of their efforts on player development and they should be taking big chunks of the current roster and moving it for youth/picks.

I'm not content to lose in the first round, and then be left holding an empty sack with no prospects because we've overestimated our chances at winning this year.

It ain't happening.

Salo meant a lot to this team. Even when the Canuck offence was rolling in years past there was an obvious difference in their record when he was out of the lineup. Great first past out of the zone, the ability to one time the puck from the point and actually hit the net, and the ability to calm his d partner down. Very under rated around the league at the time.

Salo departs the team - a big hole is there. What does Gillis do? He brings in Garrison who is supposed to punish teams from the point. The guy doesnt look right on the PP. He nearly always has to stop the puck before he shoots it and if he doesnt it either doesnt make it through or he misses completely.

V hardly used him on the first unit PP and lots of people were critical of that move...now we know why.

This team needs a dependable puck moving d man that can run the point on the PP and can play 20 minutes if need be. That should be their first priority, ahead of a top 6 forward and ahead of anything else....

Or...maybe the Canucks should just do this:

Edit: 15,000th post!

Congrats. This is a throw away season like it or not. I am surprised some fans thought we could be contenders this year considering how good the west is right now. Expect to see no major

Till the off-season.

at least he is showing some emotion regardless of his play on the ice this is what the Sedins need to do once in a while get pissed off admit you played like crap

Regarding the Sedins...maybe they don't think they are playing like crap. They always seem to think they are playing well, just not winning. Nice guys but honestly, their lack of emotion/intensity could be a big part of this team's lackluster play. Would you follow those leaders into battle?

At the beginning of the season, I said I didn't think the Canucks would make the playoffs. Despite my lack of expectations, it still kills me to see them play the way they did tonight.

I don't believe the Canucks should look to find players at the deadline for a cup run because I don't think they are good enough. I don't think there is a player out there that can make such a drastic difference for this team.

If you look at likely opponents, we may face teams like Anaheim, Chicago, etc. and I don't think we can beat those teams in a 7 game series. That's just realistic. Nothing I've seen this season has made me think otherwise.

The Canucks need to retool and do it quickly if they're to avoid a late disastrous rebuild a la the Flames. They should be focusing all of their efforts on player development and they should be taking big chunks of the current roster and moving it for youth/picks.

I'm not content to lose in the first round, and then be left holding an empty sack with no prospects because we've overestimated our chances at winning this year.

It ain't happening.

Thats what MG has been slowly doing. Jensen, Gaunce, Horvat, Shinkaruk, and those other draft picks will come in handy

So your telling me you would bench Daniel Sedin? Replacing him with whom exactly? Ok buddy thanks for coming out.

The only reason he won't be scratched is because the Canucks need bodies in the lineup. However he is extremely useless so the Canucks wouldn't miss him if he weren't in the lineup.

Salo meant a lot to this team. Even when the Canuck offence was rolling in years past there was an obvious difference in their record when he was out of the lineup. Great first past out of the zone, the ability to one time the puck from the point and actually hit the net, and the ability to calm his d partner down. Very under rated around the league at the time.

Salo departs the team - a big hole is there. What does Gillis do? He brings in Garrison who is supposed to punish teams from the point. The guy doesnt look right on the PP. He nearly always has to stop the puck before he shoots it and if he doesnt it either doesnt make it through or he misses completely.

V hardly used him on the first unit PP and lots of people were critical of that move...now we know why.

This team needs a dependable puck moving d man that can run the point on the PP and can play 20 minutes if need be. That should be their first priority, ahead of a top 6 forward and ahead of anything else....

Thats my only thing against MG. Letting vital players like Salo and Ehrhoff leave.

He meant a lot to the fans too. I was at the Tampa game and he was given a nice ovation.

Congrats. This is a throw away season like it or not. I am surprised some fans thought we could be contenders this year considering how good the west is right now. Expect to see no major

Till the off-season.

Blech.

I prefer this "Changes"

Archived