The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Things are not adding up guys.

It's a process

No matter how much of a process this is, we need help at offense; power play.

No panic -button, but GMMG needs to make something happen, or this will end up sadly at the 82 game mark.

We need a real top six forward that can score. Getting Burr back into form and eventually getting Henrik back will help, but even with that we need a E.Kane type of real offensive threat.

Well I've been trying to answer that question. You tell me instead.

That just goes back to the lack of motivation, but then again they are paid millions of dollars, and got new coaches and everything, Why wouldn't he be motivated? is it the fans? do the fans need to cheer them on? idk it just doesn't add up. I'm stuck. lol wbu what do you think?

That just goes back to the lack of motivation, but then again they are paid millions of dollars, and got new coaches and everything, Why wouldn't he be motivated? is it the fans? do the fans need to cheer them on? idk it just doesn't add up. I'm stuck. lol wbu what do you think?

No excuses Bob. Veteran team. Get with it, and stop patting the other cheerleaders on the back.

I'm tired of free rides and dead weight, and moneyball, reclamation projects, and wait-and-see players.

I am shocked that people are shocked that Canuck players well into their thirties are drying up. This has happened to almost every scorer they have had. Look into it. Name one that produced at a high clip past mid 30s.

Naslund was on the decline at 32

Smyl

Linden

Sedlbauer

Burrows

Gradin

Adams

Courtnall...he did all right past 32

Skriko

Tanti

Why are you shocked Daniel would be an anomaly?

Cue huge bass solo!!

U haven't seen them play lately have u?

Of course I have. I just don't need to be a negative A-hole after every loss. And I especially don't have a need to be negative to fit in with the status quo.

Do I know the needs of this team? Sure. I choose to focus my attention away from the herd. You should try it sometime. You might find yourself.

No excuses Bob. Veteran team. Get with it, and stop patting the other cheerleaders on the back.

I'm tired of free rides and dead weight, and moneyball, reclamation projects, and wait-and-see players.

Our highest paid players need to produce. Simple as that. Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Edler and Garrison need pick their game up in a hurry or we are not making the playoffs. Those guys are getting paid to put the puck in the net. Especially on the PP

that's one way to put it... :P

funny how after every game I'm tired of this bullsh*t too, but then for some reason I forget about it and become all positive and everything. I just forgive this kind of stuff too easily, but I do agree that something needs to happen. I'm sure something will hapen too. Either MG will make some moves, or these current guys will start producing again.

Anyway, it was great talking to you NuckMan. You probably have been watching the Canucks for much longer than me, and have much more real world experience than me, but I enjoyed discussing my opinions with you :). You seemed kind of angry, (i hope your not). I 'm going to sleep now, hope to see you around soon!

Guys like Daniel and Burrows are not the problem. They're getting chances, just have been unlucky. Benching them would make it almost a guaranteed loss. They're capable of playing better, and the coaches need to help them with that.

I think one of the biggest problems is having the 4th line only play 3 minutes. In the second game of a back to back, that line should get more ice time.

I am shocked that people are shocked that Canuck players well into their thirties are drying up. This has happened to almost every scorer they have had. Look into it. Name one that produced at a high clip past mid 30s.

Naslund was on the decline at 32

Smyl

Linden

Sedlbauer

Burrows

Gradin

Adams

Courtnall...he did all right past 32

Skriko

Tanti

Why are you shocked Daniel would be an anomaly?

Cue huge bass solo!!

gee Keslers not even 30 yet. <_<

lol loved the huge bass solo!

Of course I have. I just don't need to be a negative A-hole after every loss. And I especially don't have a need to be negative to fit in with the status quo.

Do I know the needs of this team? Sure. I choose to focus my attention away from the herd. You should try it sometime. You might find yourself.

Great post. We need more fans like this.

Definitely one of my new years resolutions to be as positive as I can this year.

Man after the game some of the fan to fan trash talk was pretty epic

Oiler fans are the worst. Their team has been an epic failure for almost a decade, they have accumulated all of their talent as a direct result of inept and incompetent management yet their fans act like it is still 1985. As if cup wins from the 80s trumps the fact that their current team has been one of the worst in NHL history if you average out the past 7 years.

If their management ever manages to grab some brains they will take the top dman with their top 5 pick. Sooner or later they will have 2 elite d men and an high octane top 6. Even maggie the monkey could build a team of top 10 picks assembled from a decade of failure. The sad part is their fan base will be as arrogant as ever at that point.

that's one way to put it... :P

funny how after every game I'm tired of this bullsh*t too, but then for some reason I forget about it and become all positive and everything. I just forgive this kind of stuff too easily, but I do agree that something needs to happen. I'm sure something will hapen too. Either MG will make some moves, or these current guys will start producing again.

Anyway, it was great talking to you NuckMan. You probably have been watching the Canucks for much longer than me, and have much more real world experience than me, but I enjoyed discussing my opinions with you :). You seemed kind of angry, (i hope your not). I 'm going to sleep now, hope to see you around soon!

Hey Bob - I'm not upset with you. I'm upset with the way the team is playing and honestly I'm afraid that something stupid is going to happen at the deadline that will set us back.

A while back when Nonis was GM there was talk about how Jokinen was made available from Florida for (I think if memory serves) something like Kesler and Edler. Now Nonis was under pressure to make the team more competitive and 17 and 23 were relatively young at that time. He could have made that trade and we would have been in my estimation been set back as a franchise.

I'm glad he didn't.

I'm worried that something like that might happen. I know Spector is a bit of a joke but they're throwing around Horvat's name in trade speculation. That is flat out unacceptable.

The ONLY reasons you should be making a move at the deadline are:

1.) you are in need to picks / prospects for rebuild

2.) you believe you are close enough to make a cup run.

As for option 2 and the Canucks, there is no way anyone here can say to me that with the current personnel and limited cap space, a move at the trade deadline would make the Canucks a) a contender, and 2 )able to beat Anaheim or Chicago in the first round.

This team is NOT good enough. The Sedins (who I like and have always supported) are in decline, Garrison and Edler are frustrations at best, and the list goes on.

We cannot afford to overestimate the team's trajectory here. We are not in the same league as the top dogs, and I'd have to agree with the others that say we haven't been for a few years now.

I've enjoyed the discussion too. See you around.

Seriously? The "fans" need to bit positive here rather than just "trade everyone!" Every team has slumps. Canucks will be back. Don't woryy about it. :)

HOw many years do we wait Bob? Daniel has been in steady decline for 3 years and is getting worse before our eyes. DO you think there is some magic tonic he can take to re-discover his game? DO you really see him as a $7M player? COme on...different players have different shelf-lives. Last year I said I thought we had seen the best of the Sedins and they were done being the dynamic duo we loved. I was ridiculed by most. This year, they are a step slower and they are seldom able to generate any meaningful offensive zone pressure and even fewer quality scoring chances.

A GM can be emotionally vested with players and keep them around in recognition of past glory or he can see the writing on the wall and move them when they still have value to keep the team competitive. THis team is quickly becoming a core of has-beens who have been rewarded for what they achieved 3 years ago. That is not how you build consistent contender.

Here's what I got.

Positivies: (The young guys)

Schroeder - Looked great, not just the goals, but really reminding everyone who doubted him that yes, he can play in this league, he was our best player tonight pretty easily IMO.

Kassian - yes he made some mistakes, but we are seeing him become a better player right before our own eyes, you can see a more consistent effort from him, and I'm seeing alot more good things, I like how he's progressed this year.

Negatives: (players we need aren't stepping up, effort isn't there)

Daniel - I don't think he's doing absolutely NOTHING, I think he's still making some plays at certain times, but not very often. Tonight he was pretty much invisible until the end when he was with Schroeder, I would put those 2 back together to start next game aswell.

Burrows - This guy just doesn't have it, I think he just needs that one goal & he will start scoring, but its not coming right now unfortunately. He NEEDS to come off the #1 PP & 1st line, no doubt about it.

Garrison - He started off great, but has completely fallen off a cliff, we need him to step up & he isn't doing it, we can't keep playing him 20+ minutes with top PP time, time to lessen his role for a bit.

Kesler - Invisible offensively.

Hansen - He's where offense comes to die. He's just having a bad year.

Overall Team Effort - We really left points on the table here, no excuse we should have won, no doubt about it, it was mistakes that lead to goals & just not having the extra juice & motiviation to go get it.

Everyone else was pretty much meh, some guys didn't do anything really good or bad (Bieksa, Higgins), and others did some bad things,and some good things, that kinda balanced out and make it a meh game (Booth, Edler)

Changes for next game:

Daniel - Schroeder - Kassian

Higgins - Kesler - Burrows

Booth - Richardson - Sestito

Lain - Dalpe - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev

Stanton - Garrison

#1PP:

Daniel - Schroeder - Kassian

Kesler - Edler

David Booth and Zack kassian. the turnover kings.

Edler -3. Just brutal.

Only positive of this game was Schroeder. Daniel is garbage. I could've hit home some of his chances lately.'

Mike Sullivan called Daniel out. "We haven't had consistent production from him for about 20 games". (Something like that)

Burrows ringing doorbells for days. Still a goose egg in Goals and looks horrible on the powerplay.

Why is Kassian wheeling the puck at center ice while trying to dangle a Dman with the game on the line??? Give it to anybody else. His turnover in the 1st period was also disgusting.

Never would've guessed we would lose to Edmonton at home.

A GM can be emotionally vested with players and keep them around in recognition of past glory or he can see the writing on the wall and move them when they still have value to keep the team competitive. THis team is quickly becoming a core of has-beens who have been rewarded for what they achieved 3 years ago. That is not how you build consistent contender.

Have to agree. If you look at the top teams in the league right now, many of them have made significant changes to their lineups. ie: Anaheim & Bobby Ryan, Boston & Seguin etc.

Archived