The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sochi Olympics 2014! Official "Olympic Discussion" thread.

PlayStation

Which event are you most looking forward to! (Other than Hockey.)  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

NHL.com's Sochi 2014 goalie rankings:

1. Henrik Lundqvst (SWE)

2. Jonathan Quick (USA)

3. Carey Price (CAN)

4. Sergei Bobrovsky (RUS)

5. Semyon Varlamov (RUS)

6. Tuukka Rask (FIN)

7. Ryan Miller (USA)

8. Roberto Luongo (CAN)

9. Kari Lehtonen (FIN)

10. Jaroslav Halak (SVK)

11. Jonas Hiller (SUI)

12. Ondrej Pavelec (CZE)

13. Mike Smith (CAN)

14. Peter Budaj (SVK)

15. Antti Niemi (FIN)

16. Jhonas Enroth (SWE)

17. Jimmy Howard (USA)

18. Reto Berra (SUI)

19. Alexander Salak (CZE)

20. Jonas Gustavsson (SWE)

Other then hockey every other sport in the Olympics is pretty much boring as hell. I can bet half of you can't name atleast 3 athletes from each sport in the Olympics. Half the people here don't know anything about the "Olympians" that actually win gold or whatever but we congratulate them like we've known them for decades and finally get to see them succeed lol.

Just because you don't find these sports entertaining doesn't mean you need to bash them. How many avenues are there to actually watch 3/4 events that occur at the olympics. And as to knowing who the athletes are, you don't watch the olympics to cheer on specific athletes, but to cheer on your country for nationalist pride. To use your hockey reference, I would never cheer for Duncan Keith or Drew Doughty, but for 2 weeks every four years I will cheer my heart out for those guys because they are representing Canada

Russia medalist got too excited and unzipped too much :) They should have gave her the silver instead of bronze.

When Graf's time flashed on the scoreboard — 4 minutes, 3.47 seconds was a personal best — the crowd at Adler Arena erupted in cheers. She whooped it up on her warm-down lap, then unzipped her skin-tight suit right down to the belly button.

She was wearing nothing underneath.

"I totally forgot," Graf said sheepishly through a translator. "We have very good suits and they are very tight. ... You just want to breathe and you want to take off your suit."

When she realized her faux pas, Graf quickly zipped the suit back up with a mortified smile.

"Only afterward," she said, "did I realize that maybe this video will appear on YouTube. But I don't think it will be so bad."

- See more at: http://www.nbcolympi...h.aT1HAOPi.dpuf

sochi_olympics_speeds_cree10.jpg

Not much to hide really...

Other then hockey every other sport in the Olympics is pretty much boring as hell. I can bet half of you can't name atleast 3 athletes from each sport in the Olympics. Half the people here don't know anything about the "Olympians" that actually win gold or whatever but we congratulate them like we've known them for decades and finally get to see them succeed lol.

Oh really? I can name mine: JR Celski (short track), Shawni Davis (speed skating), Shaun White (snowboarder), Gracie Gold (figure skate), I can go on! also, how can you find Snowboarding and speed skating boring?! -_-

The funniest one is the bronze medalist.

A Korean name Victor An, born in Korea, somehow skated for Russia!

http://www.sochi2014...hlete-victor-an

from CBC:

http://olympics.cbc.ca/news/article/charles-hamelin-advances-500-semifinals.html?cid=rss

Ahn was a three-time gold medallist for his native South Korea, but after missing the Winter Olympics four years ago, he changed his name and became a Russian citizen.

Archived