The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sochi Olympics 2014! Official "Olympic Discussion" thread.

PlayStation

Which event are you most looking forward to! (Other than Hockey.)  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

looks like canadian will be among the favorites to medal. their loss, our gain

From Tsn: Max Parrot posted the day's best score, a 97.50 in his second run.

Heard Anna Segal talking about the course and riders this arvo , she said that White was not riding well and that he is the type of person that is only in it to win , thats the reason he pulled out it was not the state of the course rather the state of his riding.

IF you think stray dogs are an embarrassment, you haven't seen nothing yet.

BfmfjoTCMAAMPy0.jpg

Thats how water looks like in one of the hotels at Sochi, Russia near the Olympic park.

Their whole lack of preparation is embarrassing enough.

here is the link: http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2014/02/sochi-olympics-reporters-tweet-hilarious-gross-hotel-photos.html?cmp=fbtl

All the reporters around the world are showing how Sochi is "prepared" for the Olympics.

Stray dogs are an outrage to me moreso than an embarrassment, at least how they're dealing with them. Many are abandoned pets...should maybe look at that and go after those who view pets as disposable and you wouldn't be in this predicament.

So many things there...

Stray dogs are an outrage to me moreso than an embarrassment, at least how they're dealing with them. Many are abandoned pets...should maybe look at that and go after those who view pets as disposable and you wouldn't be in this predicament.

So many things there...

I'm pretty sure the stray dogs across Russia are many generations removed from being anyone's pets.

In other news...

jMpjsGb.jpg

They couldn't even get all of the rings lit properly

57AACFF5E37471938B3B65D2D972E.jpg

:picard: :picard:

Remember us and our torch pillar that didn't rise? Haha. But then again, another thing to show how much of a joke the Russian games have been so far.

Anyways how are the ceremony's so far? I got it going on my pvr for later.

They couldn't even get all of the rings lit properly

57AACFF5E37471938B3B65D2D972E.jpg

:picard: :picard:

Like Vancouver's opening ceremony went perfect without a hitch :picard: :picard:

Please, at least this time the Calderon was lit up without any technical difficulties.

Remember us and our torch pillar that didn't rise? Haha. But then again, another thing to show how much of a joke the Russian games have been so far.

Anyways how are the ceremony's so far? I got it going on my pvr for later.

The ceremony was great aside from that snow flake not opening. They had a long fireworks at the end. I think in terms of artistry and entertainment, it beats Vancouver's opening ceremony. I found that Vancouver's opening ceremony in some parts did not make sense or it was too simple in terms of imagery compared to Sochi opening ceremony which was more intricate and more visually stunning. They certainly showed their strength when it came to ballet.

The ceremony was great aside from that snow flake not opening. They had a long fireworks at the end. I think in terms of artistry and entertainment, it beats Vancouver's opening ceremony. I found that Vancouver's opening ceremony in some parts did not make sense or it was too simple in terms of imagery compared to Sochi opening ceremony which was more intricate and more visually stunning. They certainly showed their strength when it came to ballet.

I think Russia had a far greater culture and history to fall back on. I agree, Vancouver looked like it was searching for something that wasn't there. The opening was good no question.

So many things there...

The stray dog thing is sort of disgusting, but its not a problem that just exists Russia. My friend grew up on a farm north of Calgary, and he said they would always random stray dogs showing up, harrassing their dogs and eating their food. Left them little choice but to kill them. Sounds bad but is just the reality of things; it sort bugs me how some people(not you necessarily) are on their high horse judging the Russians for this, when the same thing is happening around their home as well but just on smaller scale.

Sounds like Canada is starting out good, keep the updates coming for us stuck at work

Archived