The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sochi Olympics 2014! Official "Olympic Discussion" thread.

PlayStation

Which event are you most looking forward to! (Other than Hockey.)  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They had to build everything new!? That's insane. Also, the mascots are pretty cute. Generic, but cute.

Yah - a big improvement over that cycloptic pair of whatchamacallits, Wenlock & Mandeville from the 2012 London Games. One was given an unfortunate & un-ignorable blue splotch that looked like a pants-wetting? :sadno:

https://www.google.c...iw=1280&bih=694

Yah - a big improvement over that cycloptic pair of whatchamacallits, Wenlock & Mandeville from the 2012 London Games. One was given an unfortunate & un-ignorable blue splotch that looked like a pants-wetting? :sadno:

https://www.google.c...iw=1280&bih=694

Those mascots sucked but it's more relevant to compare Russia's mascots with our mascots. I still like Muk-Muk the best.

mukmuk.jpg

Those mascots sucked but it's more relevant to compare Russia's mascots with our mascots. I still like Muk-Muk the best.

mukmuk.jpg

Mukmuk was a side kick, not the official mascot. Quachi and sumi were.

Guess you missed the protest in 2010 to make mukmuk a mascot ;)

Mukmuk was a side kick, not the official mascot. Quachi and sumi were.

Guess you missed the protest in 2010 to make mukmuk a mascot ;)

I didn't miss it, I ignored the 'side kick' label and considered him a mascot from the beginning. And given that by the end of the games, I saw more Mukmuk merchandise in stores and on people than any of the other 3 'real' mascots, I'd say other people didn't care he was a 'side kick' either.

Parrot is yet to go. he scored the highest in qualy, and world champ

I remember in Vancouver that there were a lot of athletes who were favourite to medal, but cracked under pressure.

Erik Guay and Manuel Osborne-Paradis in alpine, Charles Hamelin in 1000m and 1500m, Melissa Hollingsworth, etc.

Archived