The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] MTL - 2/6/2014 - 4:30PM

Strombone1

Lu needs to get back to basics... people wont fault him on the first goal being tipped and all.... but the puck was at the point and he was deep in his crease... if hes at the top of the paint being a big guy like he is ... the deflection would've just hit him... and the second goal just not tracking and seeing the puck.....

I agree but he always looks so anxious and jumpy when the other team has possession. Just needs to get in good position and puck will mostly just hit him. Don't get why he doesn't play like this

Say what you want guys, this is not a slump...

slumps don't last ~1/4 of the season. That's how long we've been slumping, and it has been happening since Hank has been in the lineup.

Even if you argue that we have some key injuries, Tampa's playing without Stamkos and has been playing good hockey. I consider the Canucks a better team than Tampa, but maybe I'm wrong...

soooo fire Torts? or trade everyone for new players to play Torts style?

well now he is just part of the rest of the team struggling. He needs to face some clean early shots to get in the game, puck has been kinda bouncing all over in our zone.

He's not the only problem for sure but a team that is struggling to score needs a save to keep them in it. Lu is not that guy right now, Maybe he's still injured but he looks brutal in his last 5 games, soon to be 6. If he's "off" say so and sit on the bench. These are important points for a struggling team and he's a big part of the downfall

slumps don't last ~1/4 of the season. That's how long we've been slumping, and it has been happening since Hank has been in the lineup.

Even if you argue that we have some key injuries, Tampa's playing without Stamkos and has been playing good hockey. I consider the Canucks a better team than Tampa, but maybe I'm wrong...

You're definitely wrong.

The thing is you can go all the way back to last season with this barley getting 2 goals thing. We need different players and until that happens we can expect the same thing.

I agree but he always looks so anxious and jumpy when the other team has possession. Just needs to get in good position and puck will mostly just hit him. Don't get why he doesn't play like this

most of that is because his defence doesn't let him see properly and they never seem to get good positioning, which in turn screws up his positioning.

He's not the only problem for sure but a team that is struggling to score needs a save to keep them in it. Lu is not that guy right now, Maybe he's still injured but he looks brutal in his last 5 games, soon to be 6. If he's "off" say so and sit on the bench. These are important points for a struggling team and he's a big part of the downfall

sure, as though the team was winning with lack when the slide began. when they were playing better and healthier, they won with lack. not anymore.

it was a weak call considering what they have missed

90% of the time, the refs would call that, regardless if it was a dive. 2 on 1 scoring chance and the man back-checking puts his stick in the other guy's hand, is a hook.

Plekanec didn't really need to sell the call.

Archived