The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]Another Loss

Ryan kesler the beast

We are injured, tired and in a slump we needed this break.

Here is some positive news to look on, everyone remember December and earlier season? When we were pretty healthy and beat teams like Boston, Chicago, St. Louis, LA, SJ?

Our lineup was:

Sedins-Hansen

Higgins-Kesler-Santorelli

Booth-Richardson-Kassian

Welsh/Sestito-Dalpe-Weise

Hamhuis-Tanev

Garrison-Bieksa

Alberts/Stanton-Weber

This was the roster that beat Chicago 3-2, St. Louis 2-1 and dominated some other teams,

Now I ask, what has changed? Santorelli is out long term but Tanev, Sedin, Bieksa, are going to be back hopefully by the start of the Olympic break. We didn't have Burrows in the lineup for those December games either.

We are still the same team with the same players, this was only 2 months ago. We are capable of being a very good hockey team.

We are going to get Hank and Juice and Tanev back but I think we need Santorelli back he played awesome with Kesler and Higgins and he played with heart and determination and we played really well with him and he was the reason for our amazing penalty kill now it has fallen off and will continue to Santorelli is the piece with him we can win a round or two in the playoffs and definatly make it there and we could add another solid player and actually make a run at the cup

Have you guys forgotten that our BEST player is still injured and NO I am not talking about Hank, of course we are going to suck. We have NO defense without Tanev.

As far as I am concerned you are all BANDWAGONERS!!!!

i'm tired of this hope springs eternal attitude. so we have to like every player and if we don't we're not real fans, we don't have a right to criticize the team no matter how listless and bad they play? gimme a f break! enough with this self righteous arrogance

as far as i'm concerned you are nothing but a PUCK BUNNY!!!

He was going for Eakins. I think it was because Eakins could develop our young players.

I thought that as soon as I ok'd my post. However, I'm sure in our streak of December there wasn't a bad word against Torts.

For the people who wanted Eakins, how is that going over in oil land.?

Could the problem be Tortorella and his style? I saw a clip on the Stadium series and one scene Torts was talking to the team before the Anaheim game and he was throwing F bombs every other phrase ... the team looked like they all tuned out.

1040 post game was suggesting that Gillis made a $10 million mistake.

Sadly I believe in all honesty the team on paper isnt good but that doesnt mean they have to half ass everything. Where the hell did that killer forcheck go that torts instilled at the start of the year. I honestly believe the team has already tuned out torts and I know it will cost aquaman alot to fire him but its going to cost him way more if the seats dont get filled in the arena with this boring lifeless hockey. If your going to lose every night at least make it exciting. Just amazing

I don't think they have tuned him out, I think they are just tired and being overplayed. Torts needs to fix that.

Could the problem be Tortorella and his style? I saw a clip on the Stadium series and one scene Torts was talking to the team before the Anaheim game and he was throwing F bombs every other phrase ... the team looked like they all tuned out.

1040 post game was suggesting that Gillis made a $10 million mistake.

Except maybe he didn't. There seems to be plenty of background noise suggesting that Gillis didn't want Torts, but Aquaman did. Which makes sense because I was shocked when Torts was signed....he doesn't fit Gillis' proper, corporate, antiseptic style at all.

Except maybe he didn't. There seems to be plenty of background noise suggesting that Gillis didn't want Torts, but Aquaman did. Which makes sense because I was shocked when Torts was signed....he doesn't fit Gillis' proper, corporate, antiseptic style at all.

Yah, now that you mention it, I caught that part too where the host thinks Torts was Aqua's choice ... in that case, MG is just a puppet.

Have you guys forgotten that our BEST player is still injured and NO I am not talking about Hank, of course we are going to suck. We have NO defense without Tanev.

As far as I am concerned you are all BANDWAGONERS!!!!

Especially you !!! :angry:

call me when you've spent 40 years with this organization...........25 of them very dark.

Gillis is a tough mutha...he took on Alan Eagleson head to head and won...He doesn't 'need' this job as GM/President...so I doubt that Aqualini pushed him in to to it....Although,I must admit ,I was completely shocked that Torts was hired as Canucks coach.

yeah, let's stifle honesty and diversity of opinions.

get out of here if you don't like it. that's the easy way to avoid the negativity.

A good number of the people calling for serious changes have been doing so for a couple of seasons and a lot of them are the more experienced, better posters on this site. Many of those beating the drum of "unwavering support" are posters I don't credit with a lot of actual hockey experience beyond recent fandom.......not all, but most

Gillis is a tough mutha...he took on Alan Eagleson head to head and won...He doesn't 'need' this job as GM/President...so I doubt that Aqualini pushed him in to to it....Although,I must admit ,I was completely shocked that Torts was hired as Canucks coach.

I don't think Gillis needs this job either, but it is where he's currently at, and he's a proud, confident fella. Regardless, the idea that Aquaman pushed him aside and put pen to paper with a fellow Italian like Torts himself is far from impossible. Of course it's unlikely we'll ever know the truth on that.

I feel like from the beginning With Torts obviously burning the Sedins out with unreasonable minutes right off the hop. And with the price he's exacted from each player since that this season has been a throw away from the beginning. Maybe it really is a re tool!

If anything it has been a great audition for going forward. We have seen practically everything everyone has to give but have never been firing on all cylinders. If we can get another top ten pick and make some savy moves in the off season based on information collected from this and our new coach. It might all be worth it.

Bottom line I have supported Gillis and will continue to but if the puck drops next season and this Team hasn't made substantial moves. My support will end. This team is stale and predictable if you cant teach old dogs new tricks get new dogs.

Deb is still living in fantasy land sleeping with her fin stuffed animal at night in her top bunk bed with glow in the dark Sedin Holigrams on the ceiling. She is fully convinced the Canucks will win 15 straight after the break and win the cup. Keep dreaming Deb....keep dreaming.

For... seriously?

This is fan forum for fans of the Canucks. If you say something negative about the Canucks, the normal reaction is going to be defensive. Attacking those who continue to support the team is not normal.

The mod is doing a great job ignoring you trolls and letting you have your moment. Doesn't mean she is naive or less knowledgeable or whatever the hell you believe. The naive ones are the ones who think they have all the answers.

For... seriously?

This is fan forum for fans of the Canucks. If you say something negative about the Canucks, the normal reaction is going to be defensive. Attacking those who continue to support the team is not normal.

The mod is doing a great job ignoring you trolls and letting you have your moment. Doesn't mean she is naive or less knowledgeable or whatever the hell you believe. The naive ones are the ones who think they have all the answers.

so if I don't agree with your "everything is ok" mentality, I'm a troll?

For... seriously?

Do you have a list of those people you can pass on to me? Because quite honestly, I haven't seen one person matching that description on these boards.

Archived