The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs Finland, preliminary round game 3

goalie13

honestly i can really care less if Canada wins a gold medal or not in hockey. Olympic hockey is a joke anyways.. it's not a selection of the "BEST" player but it's a selection of whomever they think will work better. So you can work your ass off and be one of the best in the game.. but just because they think other players can work better in the lineup than you well too bad you ain't selected.. there's a few players on this team that shouldn't even be there if it's a best on best tournament.. coz there's other better ones sitting at home.

It's a team sport, unlike say snowboard cross. It's not even an all star team. Best teams don't necessary means just get the top players only. Otherwise anyone of us can pick the team by just looking at a stats sheet on tsn.ca, why bother with 4-5 NHL GMs? Especially with Canada having so many talents, it is not straight forward. PK for example, is not a stats line thing. You have evaluate the players, see which strengths they can bring, chemistry, big ice and international experience etc. It is not EA Sports dream team.

It is best on best TEAM, with available NHL players which include a countries best available players.

I'm more shocked and annoyed at St Louis being dropped and Kunitz staying.

I agree, Luongo should be starting and it should be his net to lose, but either way i don't think goaltending will lose us the game. However, no way should Kunitz be in over St Louis. Ridiculous.

I am sooooo butt frustrated about this. TSN analysts are saying Price was the right move to stary because if he faulters they have Luongo backing him up.

Soooooo

Price should be the starter because Luongo is better than being the back up.

I'm done. Im frustrated beyond return. This is absolutely ridiculous and I'm sick of the hate he gets. Screw this league.

You people need to grow up. Price has been the better goalie all year and is coming in red hot. Luongo has been pretty average lately. Don't point to the shutout against Austria. It was a shutout against AUSTRIA

Since Prince has entered the league he has never had a better season than Luongo.

Luongo's playoff stats demolish Price's.

Luongo's all-time stats are better than Price's.

This is the Olympics, not the NHL regular season. Does it matter if Price has been good in the NHL this year? Yes? Then why isn't Bishop starting for the US?

The prelims are used to determine who plays better and who will be the guy in the tournament.

Luongo JUST played against Austria, but Price played against an equally as bad Norway.

Prelims are used to contrast and compare, and at the Olympic level Luongo has been better than Price.

Since Prince has entered the league he has never had a better season than Luongo.

Luongo's playoff stats demolish Price's.

Luongo's all-time stats are better than Price's.

This is the Olympics, not the NHL regular season. Does it matter if Price has been good in the NHL this year? Yes? Then why isn't Bishop starting for the US?

The prelims are used to determine who plays better and who will be the guy in the tournament.

Luongo JUST played against Austria, but Price played against an equally as bad Norway.

Prelims are used to contrast and compare, and at the Olympic level Luongo has been better than Price.

Babcock said he had a plan coming in all along and nothing happened in either prelim game to change that. So yes, he's basing it on the goalies play thus far this year.

Babcock said he had a plan coming in all along and nothing happened in either prelim game to change that. So yes, he's basing it on the goalies play thus far this year.

When the team was announced he also said Luongo does nothing but win and he won the gold for them in 2010.

So in hindsight, Babcock is not a reliable source even for his own team.

When the team was announced he also said Luongo does nothing but win and he won the gold for them in 2010.

So in hindsight, Babcock is not a reliable source even for his own team.

that was the reasoning he gave in selecting lui on the team. he didnt say that is why he will be the default starter.

that was the reasoning he gave in selecting lui on the team. he didnt say that is why he will be the default starter.

Which is quite ridiculous, don't you think?

Just like the Olympic analysts were saying Price is the better starter because if he falters they have Luongo who can step in and win games.

Which is quite ridiculous, don't you think?

Just like the Olympic analysts were saying Price is the better starter because if he falters they have Luongo who can step in and win games.

no I dont. You select the best players, and choose accordingly when the time comes. This is a non issue, compared to Kunitz vs St louis v Giroux pick. Both goalies deserve to be here

5-0 USA. Do you think they will start Miller next gm? I don't.

We will be fine no matter which goalie is in net. The coaches are just playing it smart. Price did not look as comfortable as Lu and this game is a good way to get him to that comfort level on the bigger ice. I would assume its the same deal with kunitz, try one last game to get him going. St. Louis is going to do well in the tournament whether he plays today or not so hes not a player they need to take another look at.

PRICE STARTER ARE KID ING ME

I HOPE HE LOSES. WHAT A JOKE.

BABCOCK UR RED NECK GO TO HECK. WHAT A JOKE IM FUMING

Hope he chokes with price in net. What an idiot.

Babcock is a joke. HHe's backstabbing the man that single handedly won him gold 4 years ago.

Hope he gets hit buy an asteroid

DOWN WITH DICTATOR BABCOCK

It doesn't matter. Luongo should have got all these games. Absolute disrespect by babs. He better pray I never run into his ugly butt chin face.

DOWN WITH BABCOCK

Seriously Apollo? You drunk when you posted this?

Archived