The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gonna not respond when you can't even read

Poking the puck out of corners and having strong control of the puck with possession does not translate from Juniour and Euro leagues into an NHL playoff series.

I said he can't? Wut? I said it doesn't translate into the NHL as much as physicality can.

you people are not even reading what we wrote because your Kapanen boner is so huge

Ok, nothing translates from any league. Got ya.

There is a difference from having physicality and having skill than just having physicality with no skills. Tom Sestito has physicality but I rarely see him win a puck battle. Ritchie isn't going to come into the NHL and win every puck battle.

Donald Audette?

No, I don't think he won many puck battles.

Brunette wasn't exactly great at that aspect either. He was magic once he got it but he asn't the best forechecker. I fact, he usually had a rough time keeping up with the play.

Donald* my bad..

My point though is that these are all players capable of winning puck battles along the boards. I'm not saying that Audette and Brunette were gritty players, I'm just saying that they were more than capable of winning puck battles on the boards. ANY NHL'er can. Some more than others, but with Kapanen especially, it shouldn't even be a concern.

Merci is just a vivid black and white thinker that thinks that if you are European and not over 6'0 and over 180 lbs, it is universally impossible to win puck battles along the boards.

That's all I'm trying to say.

Barkov has 48 points in 50 games his draft year, goes 2nd

Kapanen has 14 points in 47 games his draft year, goes 6th.

Same League

makes sense...................................... .x10^1000

2 different players.

You know little to nothing about Kapanen, stop your arguement.

Ok, nothing translates from any league. Got ya.

There is a difference from having physicality and having skill than just having physicality with no skills. Tom Sestito has physicality but I rarely see him win a puck battle. Ritchie isn't going to come into the NHL and win every puck battle.

Exactly, Ritchie has about 5 times the actual talent Sestito has.

If you watch some of his playoff games it's all you see.

I am not holding back aganist my attack of small players because I genuinely believe the pacific division will eat alive many if not all small players.

Yes the Cotures and Shinkaruks have a place, but our team is already small.

Kapanen isn't the answer to the big picture. and yea he's 6'0 and 180 not really small.

But Ritchie makes him small

Nothing is guaranteed at all in the draft, I like to just assume that everyone here is speaking their opinion rather than absolutes... Unfortunately, I'm probably wrong.

There is a lot of opinion being cited as fact based off of very little information in this thread.

It's like listening to people debate the qualities of a classic novel when some haven't read it and others have just skimmed the Coles notes or have seen the movie.

I am not holding back aganist my attack of small players because I genuinely believe the pacific division will eat alive many if not all small players.

Kapanen isn't the answer to the big picture.

6'0 isn't small. It's not big, but it's not small enough to be Schroeder'd.

Barkov has 48 points in 50 games his draft year, goes 2nd

Kapanen has 14 points in 47 games his draft year, goes 6th.

Same League

makes sense...................................... .x10^1000

Merci:

- watches highlights

- looks at size

- looks at stats

ZOMGGG RITCHIE IS LUCIC KAPANEN IS GONNA BUST AND HAVE HIS CAREER ENDED IN A SCRUM ALONG THE BOARDZ!!!!

There is a lot of opinion being cited as fact based off of very little information in this thread.

It's like listening to people debate the qualities of a classic novel when some haven't read it and others have just skimmed the Coles notes or have seen the movie.

No its just alot of common sense going one way and a troll trying to troll

You realize that Ritchie is a 6'3" 230 pound player playing against a lot of very young undeveloped kids, while Kapanen and Nylander are playing in a mens league, right?

Are you here to annoy people, or are you honestly 12-13?

playing in a mens leauge, so is Patrick White, he too is playing in a mens league what's your point??? Draft him ahead Ritchie then? Hell, Ekblad is not playing in a mens leauge. I guess Kapanen and Nylander should go number 1? Anton Rodin too was playing in a mens leauge in his draft, how that go?? yea bro.....

Trolling is purposely trying to anger people with nonsensical logical fallacies, with the goal of enjoying their rage.

I am just outright saying why Kapanen is a joke of a pick and my reasons are being interpreted as every EU and under 6'0 player is a bust,

I am syaing in the year 2014 the Vancouver Canucks current lineup needs Ritchie 10 thousand times more than Kasperi Kapanen.

But go ahead keep writing in all caps calling me a 12 year old. I am glad to see the demographics that want Kapanen are similiar.

playing in a mens leauge, so is Patrick White, he too is playing in a mens league what's your point??? Draft him ahead Ritchie then? Hell, Ekblad is not playing in a mens leauge. I guess Kapanen and Nylander should go number 1? Anton Rodin too was playing in a mens leauge in his draft, how that go?? yea bro.....

The mens league White plays in (played maybe, I think he's done) isn't comparable to the leagues Kapanen or Nylander play in at all. White played in 3rd and 2nd division German leagues, whereas Nylander and Kapanen are playing in the top Swedish and Finnish leagues.

Nice try though.

I don't think they should go first, but I think it's definitely impossible to compare their production to anyone playing in the Canadian major junior system.

Why are you and Merci attempting to compare 3rd tier and Dutch leagues to two very respected pro leagues?

I don't really have much to say about Rodin though, even though he was a second round pick. There's definitely a risk associated with them, but there is with Ritchie too.

No its just alot of common sense going one way and a troll trying to troll

IDK. I've read every top 15 prospect being talked down in this thread by a variety of people.

The simple fact is they all do some things very well, IMHO. I'm not sure why people are so confident of their opinions when they have no reliable track record to back it up.

I don't understand the point of liking one player at a spot but being dismissive of all others. That's crazy.

Kapanen isn't the answer to the big picture. and yea he's 6'0 and 180 not really small.

But Ritchie makes him small

Kapanen is physically stronger than Ritchie, IMO. To play in a men's league, against men you have to be pretty dam strong to produce aswell.

Ritchie is big, so is alot of people but strength is different. It hasn't been mentioned that Kapanen has to be physically strong to be in a men's league and play half decent.

Why has nobody considered Brendan Perlini yet?

He's a big skilled guy and I'm surprised nobody is talking about our chances of taking him at 6.

He could be a very good, skilled player in our lineup.

Ummmm, hello?

I've been the only guy in here lobbying for Perlini.

Archived