The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dont talk $hit you lil B#tch your the idiot for wanting the Canucks to pick a wimpy Euro trash that cant stickup for himself.

LOL. I actually don't care who we pick. I'm happy with Ritchie, Ehlers, Virtanen, or Nylander. But at the end of the day it's likely one of Dal Colle or Draisaitl fall so hopefully we take one of them. ::D

Dont talk $hit you lil B#tch your the idiot for wanting the Canucks to pick a wimpy Euro trash that cant stickup for himself.

You mad bro? Huberdeau just made a factual point. You resort to name calling when you're wrong? I think you're the little b#tch acting tough behind your computer.

You mad bro? Huberdeau just made a factual point. You resort to name calling when you're wrong? I think you're the little b#tch acting tough behind your computer.

Oh so your girlfriend calls me an idiot and thats not name calling what ever keyboard tough guy im happy it offended you now FO!

Canucks need to trade up and get the 1st overall from florida.

Like other ppl have suggested: Tanev/Garrison + 6th overall will probably get it done.

Canucks havent had a young franchise dman and they wont get one anytime soon in the future through FA signings with all the young franchise dmen all locked up except subban but no way montreal lets him go.

This is as close as canucks will get to acquiring one. Trade up and draft Ekblad.

Oh so your girlfriend calls me an idiot and thats not name calling what ever keyboard tough guy im happy it offended you now FO!

It didn't offend me at all because I think you're a joke. I don't like starting fights, especially over the internet. I don't need to waste my time with people like you. I come here to have dicussions with other members in a diplomatic way. I've read Huberdeaus post and they have a lot more substance than your name calling attempts. Stop bashing players if you're going to come on here. Just b/c you don't like the player it doesn't mean that he isn't good, or is worthy of being bashed. Smarten up.

Took a crack at a mock draft...I think you'll be pleased with who I having falling to Vancouver at 6.

http://www.puckrant.com/Calgary_Flames/One_Month_until_Christmas

Nice break down, but with that reasoning its hard not to see why the Isles wouldn't take Dal Colle or even Fleury since they also need help on the back end

Would be nice if your right though adding Dal Colle (regardless of him "hating" the canucks) would be a good boost to the prospect pool + he has chemistry with playing with Cassels so that never hurts either

Like other ppl have suggested: Tanev/Garrison + 6th overall will probably get it done.

Canucks havent had a young franchise dman and they wont get one anytime soon in the future through FA signings with all the young franchise dmen all locked up except subban but no way montreal lets him go.

This is as close as canucks will get to acquiring one. Trade up and draft Ekblad.

I know I am in the minority with this but I think if your going to try to move up in the draft 2015 is the draft to do so

I am sure Ekblad will be good & all but not sure he will be Suter / Weber / Keith good, but I could be way off and he turns out as good.

Garrison may not want to go back there (he also has a NTC I believe?)

Who knows we might get more information / clues about who the Canucks are looking at targeting (or moving down) after the combine happens (not sure if they post the info or let everyone know how prospects did etc)

Nice break down, but with that reasoning its hard not to see why the Isles wouldn't take Dal Colle or even Fleury since they also need help on the back end

Would be nice if your right though adding Dal Colle (regardless of him "hating" the canucks) would be a good boost to the prospect pool + he has chemistry with playing with Cassels so that never hurts either

I'd have to look, but I think the Isles have drafted 9 or 10 D over the past two drafts. I think they will go forward and you know it will be the guy that people say...WHAT?

What? You sound like a disturbed young man. I happen to like Ehlers over Ritchie as a player, but do you hear me bashing Ritchie? I think he's also a good choice. No need for that big man. Why don't you go have some milk and cookies, maybe you'll feel better.

This is how i feel too. If we pick Ritchie I will be happy. :) , I think Ehlers is the better prospect though.

I know you want Ritchie, but if we have Dal Colle fall into our laps you should have a heart attack from the excitement.

He is younger and already better than all of our current forward prospects in their offensive abilities.

This is a relatively friendly board, and putting different symbols like # @ etc to swear and insult others is going to most likley get you banned from the boards very quickly.

//

I really think the Isles are gonna go Ehlers or Nylander now unless Bennett slid to them, but I doubt that too now scouts are very high on Bennett, I use to think there was a chance because of his injury and other players shining in the U18 tourney and the playoffs buttttt doesnt look like he will slide past 4th. Never know though

Sounds to me like Isle want Dal Colle

I was just listening to NHL radio, Mike Morreale (an NHL.com writer) was on talking about the prospects since he’s at the combine right now.

Summary was:

Ekblad is likely to go first overall but could slip (similar to seth jones) as defense aren’t as exciting picks (since they take longer to develop) and don’t usually drop due to higher risk.

Reinhart and Bennett are both skilled and they gave Reinhart the slight egde.

Draisaitl could slide into the top 2 or 3 spot as he’s is highly touted and very similar to Jagr, Might be the perfect pick for the oilers if Ekblad is taken.

Demko will be the highest drafted American goalie since Campbell.

Nylander has enough skill to be in consideration for number 1 spot, size and character could see him fall

Dal Colle is everything the islanders are looking for in a player. and he should fall to them. He does have the upside to be the steal even at number 5. A big, skilled winger to play alongside Tavares.

Hunter Smith had the biggest increase this year as he was originally scouted to go 138 and now is 34.

They did talk about the possibility of Florida trading down for a young NHL ready winger and a pick, so they could pick a goalie prospect that can come in and develop in their system and under Luongo. Owners do want to make a playoff push now that they are dishing out the dollars for Luongo so they can’t afford not to, Winning sells seats and there star goalie is only getting older. It will all come down to if they see something to turn them off the idea of Ekland and Reinhart, and what kind of offers they could get. Trading that pick rarely happens.

Ehlers, Virtanen weren’t mentioned at all and even Ritchie was only briefly mentioned. Not to say they don’t think highly of them, just didn’t say much.

Sounds to me like Isle want Dal Colle

I was just listening to NHL radio, Mike Morreale (an NHL.com writer) was on talking about the prospects since he’s at the combine right now.

Summary was:

Ekblad is likely to go first overall but could slip (similar to seth jones) as defense aren’t as exciting picks (since they take longer to develop) and don’t usually drop due to higher risk.

Reinhart and Bennett are both skilled and they gave Reinhart the slight egde.

Draisaitl could slide into the top 2 or 3 spot as he’s is highly touted and very similar to Jagr, Might be the perfect pick for the oilers if Ekblad is taken.

Demko will be the highest drafted American goalie since Campbell.

Nylander has enough skill to be in consideration for number 1 spot, size and character could see him fall

Dal Colle is everything the islanders are looking for in a player. and he should fall to them. He does have the upside to be the steal even at number 5. A big, skilled winger to play alongside Tavares.

Hunter Smith had the biggest increase this year as he was originally scouted to go 138 and now is 34.

They did talk about the possibility of Florida trading down for a young NHL ready winger and a pick, so they could pick a goalie prospect that can come in and develop in their system and under Luongo. Owners do want to make a playoff push now that they are dishing out the dollars for Luongo so they can’t afford not to, Winning sells seats and there star goalie is only getting older. It will all come down to if they see something to turn them off the idea of Ekland and Reinhart, and what kind of offers they could get. Trading that pick rarely happens.

Ehlers, Virtanen weren’t mentioned at all and even Ritchie was only briefly mentioned. Not to say they don’t think highly of them, just didn’t say much.

Thanks for this :)

I really feel like Ekblad and Tanev on the right side in 2-3 years will be one of the best 1-2 punches on defence. I think Edler, Hansen, and the 6th gets it done, maybe a little extra added from our side.

Archived