The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Definity Virtanen, Tuck or Larkin

After listening to Benning, that sounds to me like the quality he looks for in players all else being relatively equal/close.

Forget size. It's not the size of the dog in the fight...

I think Jared McCann and Perlini are better than a few players listed above and I think both players are being underrated big time by alot of fans. I have McCann ahead of Fabbri as of right now because I think he will be the better of the 2 in the NHL. Perlini is also a really big skilled winger who should be viewed in the same tier as Virtanen/Ritchie because of his size/skill and that he put the same points up as the them in less games I think he should be getting alot more talk then hes been getting.

Yeah, I get a feeling from watching his interviews that he is a kid Linden and co will really like.

Just watch the chaos here when we select Perlini number 6 overall with Ehlers, and Dal Colle still on the board. :)

I think Jared McCann and Perlini are better than a few players listed above and I think both players are being underrated big time by alot of fans. I have McCann ahead of Fabbri as of right now because I think he will be the better of the 2 in the NHL. Perlini is also a really big skilled winger who should be viewed in the same tier as Virtanen/Ritchie because of his size/skill and that he put the same points up as the them in less games I think he should be getting alot more talk then hes been getting.

I had McCann as my top choice back when it looked like Vancouver was going to finish 9-11th overall. very underrated player. He's gonna be better then those 3 soft European wingers. He's that much better then them. He did everything correctly except score the lights out.

I think Perlini has fallen off a lot of people's radar with his horrible playoffs. In 7 games he only had 1 assist. He was ranked as high as 6th at one point but pretty sure he will be taken just outside top 10. I'm guessing he'll go 11th.

Seriously??? I'd want more than a 1st overall for Kesler and our pick. Is that you Feaster?

With the first overall pick you can all but guarantee a better player than Kesler. Not too mention said player would be 12 years younger than Kesler. So yeah it would probably take Kesler plus the 6th.

Yeah, I get a feeling from watching his interviews that he is a kid Linden and co will really like.

Just watch the chaos here when we select Perlini number 6 overall with Ehlers, and Dal Colle still on the board. :)

I think I'll be the only one that would be ecstatic, if that happened.

I just have a feeling that eventually he'll become the better player out of Virtanen, Ritchie, Nylander, and Ehlers.

With the first overall pick you can all but guarantee a better player than Kesler. Not too mention said player would be 12 years younger than Kesler. So yeah it would probably take Kesler plus the 6th.

Seems like a little too much, kes and the 2nd maybe...?

I'd rather keep the 6th and kes if that's what it took. Or see what it would take to get the 3rd from Edmonton, probably a lot cheaper and we still have either a 1C or top 2 D

I'd rather keep the 6th and kes if that's what it took. Or see what it would take to get the 3rd from Edmonton, probably a lot cheaper and we still have either a 1C or top 2 D

Here is a hypothetical: Would you trade the 6th pick for nothing if it made Kesler 12 years younger? If you would then it makes sense to trade both Kesler and the 6th for the 1st pick because in that scenario it is likely the player will be better than Kesler and 12 years younger. (I am not saying the 1st pick would be better than Kesler right away obviously).

Well lets see.

Ducks fans and by other sources claim they offered Etem , 10th overall pick plus some medium prospect for Kesler.

Or the Pens offered Pouliot , Sutter and their 1st (24) for Kesler

So its either 6th overall, 10th overall Etem (1st rounder) for the 1st overall (Ekblad, Reinhart)

or its............10th overall, Pouliot (8th overall) , Sutter (1st rounder) and the Pens 1st rounder (24th) for Ekblad or Reinhart

That is starting to smell like an Eric Lindros style overpayment to me. I would politely pass. Ok, not so politely.

Here is a hypothetical: Would you trade the 6th pick for nothing if it made Kesler 12 years younger? If you would then it makes sense to trade both Kesler and the 6th for the 1st pick because in that scenario it is likely the player will be better than Kesler and 12 years younger. (I am not saying the 1st pick would be better than Kesler right away obviously).

No I would keep a kesler in his prime and draft someone with the 6th pick to play with him. I wouldn't trade Kesler for the first unless if it doesn't include our first and even then meh that first overall could easily be a bust (look at yakupov, while good def not worth kesler+)

No I would keep a kesler in his prime and draft someone with the 6th pick to play with him. I wouldn't trade Kesler for the first unless if it doesn't include our first and even then meh that first overall could easily be a bust (look at yakupov, while good def not worth kesler+)

I agree it is a bit of a risk and having Kesler now is nice. But a guy like Reinhart/Ekbald seems unlikely to be a bust. Reinhart could be a Toews 2.0. It would be really nice to get a top talent like that who is 18 years old instead of having an aging player like Kesler. We aren't going to be competing for the cup in the next couple years why waste Kesler's current value.

I agree it is a bit of a risk and having Kesler now is nice. But a guy like Reinhart/Ekbald seems unlikely to be a bust. Reinhart could be a Toews 2.0. It would be really nice to get a top talent like that who is 18 years old instead of having an aging player like Kesler. We aren't going to be competing for the cup in the next couple years why waste Kesler's current value.

You might be underestimating his value . Its worth a lot more than just moving from 6th to 1st in this draft. See my above post where I quote Duck and Penquin offers.

Archived