The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Because they could trade 2nd overall to any team drafting 6+ and still get him.

If Reinhart drops to 3rd because Edmonton took a B Defensemen I'd rofl.

And if I was Edmonton I'd make Buffalo an offer they couldn't refuse for Ekblad.

2nd overall + Yakupov for 1st overall + Hodgson

your right about everything but I could easily refuse that offer lol.

Schroeder 2.0 amirite?

John Moore ‏@rinkrant 3h
Tallon on Ehlers "great entertainment value, explosive & not afraid to go in tall trees. Don't think there is a better skater in draft."

John Moore ‏@rinkrant 3h
Asked if @FlaPanthers would take Ehlers in top 5, Tallon replies "Why not? He reminds me of Patrick Kane & we took a chance with him."

Schroeder 2.0 amirite?

John Moore ‏@rinkrant 3h

Tallon on Ehlers "great entertainment value, explosive & not afraid to go in tall trees. Don't think there is a better skater in draft."

John Moore ‏@rinkrant 3h

Asked if @FlaPanthers would take Ehlers in top 5, Tallon replies "Why not? He reminds me of Patrick Kane & we took a chance with him."

Wow, if Ehlers was taken third that would change alot. It would mean a guy like Bennett or Dal Colle would slide.

Reinhart

Ekblad

Ehlers

That would mean at 6th we could have a shot at Bennett, Draisaitl, or Dal Colle. That's why it's important we lock down that 6th spot.

Wow, if Ehlers was taken third that would change alot. It would mean a guy like Bennett or Dal Colle would slide.

Reinhart

Ekblad

Ehlers

That would mean at 6th we could have a shot at Bennett, Draisaitl, or Dal Colle. That's why it's important we lock down that 6th spot.

According to CDC Ehlers, Fleury, and Virtanen will all go top 6.

So no worries we'll grab Dal Colle at 8th

Schroeder 2.0 amirite?

John Moore ‏@rinkrant 3h

John Moore ‏@rinkrant 3h

that could be talk to sway which direction Tallon is leaning toward. We will only find out on draft day

Not like there are way more canadians playing hockey than danes... Russia is another case, but we all know about the KHL. Seriously, you don't pass on a player just because he's not canadian, there's gotta be other reasons. Ehlers is one of the best players in the draft, i'll leave it at that.

You don't pass on a Canadian kid just because he didn't score 100 points in JR hockey. I would trade the chance to draft Ehlers for a ROR

According to CDC Ehlers, Fleury, and Virtanen will all go top 6.

So no worries we'll grab Dal Colle at 8th

Nobody gauranteed anything, we just discussed the possibility of teams that may go off the board. It happens all the time in the draft. More so than cdc's gauranteed top 10 we project every year.

I bet if someone said jones was going 4th last year you would have said they were nuts haha.. Relax man, we've beaten "Ehlers or Ritchie?" to death. There's no reason we can't discuss the possibility of someone slipping in the draft, especially when throughout history it's actually happened.

You don't pass on a Canadian kid just because he didn't score 100 points in JR hockey. I would trade the chance to draft Ehlers for a ROR

We already have Horvat and Gaunce. We don't need another defensive center, we need a gamebreaker.

If Ehlers turns into a player like Nyquist, I don't think anyone would take O'Reilly over him.

Because they could trade 2nd overall to any team drafting 6+ and still get him.

If Reinhart drops to 3rd because Edmonton took a B Defensemen I'd rofl.

And if I was Edmonton I'd make Buffalo an offer they couldn't refuse for Ekblad.

2nd overall + Yakupov for 1st overall + Hodgson

I see what your sayin but Edmonton put themselves in this exact spot 2 years ago when they drafted Yakupov instead of Murray. They need a defenceman. ...attempting to trade down and hopefully someone else doesnt snag him is a risky thing.

Its not like this guy(Fleury) is a complete slouch. Not even 18 yet and has the skills and size he has.

Im also not saying The Coilers pick him 2nd....Im just saying I wouldnt be surprised if they did.

I would be just as happy if Canucks picked Fleury

Imagine Renihart, Ekblad, Dal Colle, Ehlers, and Draisatl all get taken in the top 5.

I've said before I could see Bennett being the one that slips.

still sucks that we draft 10ish. need to get top 6 if possible. what a bad game to qin last night. the kings didnt even care. they tested doughty to show hownmuch they really cared about that game. yet to us it was the Stanley cup final.

it qas nice to finally see the crowd show up.

still sucks that we draft 10ish. need to get top 6 if possible. what a bad game to qin last night. the kings didnt even care. they tested doughty to show hownmuch they really cared about that game. yet to us it was the Stanley cup final.

I bet Brown teased em as they were coming off the ice

"There goes your top 6 pick you suckers!!!"

We already have Horvat and Gaunce. We don't need another defensive center, we need a gamebreaker.

If Ehlers turns into a player like Nyquist, I don't think anyone would take O'Reilly over him.

ROR is more than you're average defensive center and I doubt Gaunce will ever be a 30 goal scorer in the NHL

What if Ehlers turns out to be another Yakupov?

We're drafting 9th right now.

Things can easily swing at this point.

Anaheim and Colorado will both be gearing up for the playoffs, so those will be tough games. And you know Calgary and Edmonton will wanna beat us to get some good feelings for next season.

I could easily see us only winning one out of the last four games. That would mean Nashville only needs to win 1 of their last 4, Ottawa and Carolina would only need to go .500 in their last 4, and Winnipeg would need to get 3 points in their last 3 games. Then we would draft 6th overall.

ROR is more than you're average defensive center and I doubt Gaunce will ever be a 30 goal scorer in the NHL

What if Ehlers turns out to be another Yakupov?

Nobody thought O'reilly would be a 30 goal scorer either, otherwise he wouldn't have been taken in the second round.

Of course there's risk with Ehlers, but there's also a huge reward if he pans out. Sometimes you gotta take a risk with high end guys like that if you want a game changer. We can't always go with the safest pick.

I don't see any similarities with Ehlers and Yakupov to be honest. Ehlers has a much better work ethic, and is a better 200 foot player. If Ehlers fails, it won't be because of work ethic, it will be because he can't overcome his smaller size.

Archived