The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs U.S.A., semifinals

goalie13

Why do the English (aside from sheer snobbery) refer to what is spoken in the USA as "speaking American"?

My guess is because just as all things do the language evolved into something different in the US over time. Plus, a decent percentage of "upper-crust" Britains are total d-bags.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Here in the U.S. it's actually spelled without the "u". Since I'm on a Canadian board, I make a concerted effort to spell words the way they are spelled in the rest of the English speaking world. However, I will never ever ever pronounce the letter z as "zed"!!!

Fixed that for ya. ;)

I really really hope we win tomorrow. Me, my cousins and our friends have been chirping my cousins fiance on this whatapp on today's womens win. He's gonna chirp so hard if USA wins tomorrow, and I don't wanna see that. Its just scary, USA had harder opponents and they destroyed them in every game, minus the Russia game. We barely squeaked by in our games, take away the Austria game. I hope Price holds his own, and please for the love of god lets hope Crosby steps it up tomorrow.

NO OT PLEASE. I can't handle that again.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Did you know Kelly Sutherland is from Richmond? Any anti-Canuck conspiracy can really look absurd when one observes his origin.

I know lots of people from The Coast who hate the Canucks and cheer for Boston and/or Chicago, what's your point?

Archived