The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs U.S.A., semifinals

goalie13

I know, I know, Healy is rough. Count yourself lucky.

Here in Aus, we get some Pommy commentator who also does cross country skiing (go figure...).

When Kesler fed Kessel against the Czech's (nice pass) he mixed our boy up with Van Riemsdyk. Went on for almost 5 minutes on how the wonderful chemistry from their time on the Leaf's contributed to the play!

Well yeah, if anyone can compete with the pomp of the likes of Healy or the Americans it would be the odd Aussie.

Some cross country commentator who doesn't know everything vs Healy, who does. I'd opt for the Pommy mate myself.

Btw, for comparative purposes, the Aussie Open has the best coverage of the ATP.

Me. Just my opinion. Price is doing well but I think that Luongo is better. tbh though, it's close enough that it's hard to go wrong with either.

ahh ok and ya tbh I think whoever is in net has the exact same chance as the other goals will be the same in your face right at the crease etc...ya know usual NHL goals lol

I personally think that in the end it will break down into the following scenario. Is Canada's better overall talent good enough to overcome Team USA's teamwork?

USA's best quality is its superior teamwork. Canada's saving grace is its talent. Which will overcome the other?

I personally think that in the end it will break down into the following scenario. Is Canada's better overall talent good enough to overcome Team USA's teamwork?

USA's best quality is its superior teamwork. Canada's saving grace is its talent. Which will overcome the other?

Def what it comes down to and I got no idea...in the end I have a feeling the US will take it teamwork is better then superpower

In

I disagree, very cliche and simplistic way of looking at it. I think the main factor will be if Canada can finally get some finish. Not to take away anything from the other teams goalies, but how many times has Canada had a great scoring chance and either missed the net, fanned on the shot, or hit the post? These are supposed to be NHL stars. I would imagine Canada will control puck possession, but if the US's solid defensive forwards step up and they get a great game from Miller, they can easily take it.

It'll be a tough, close game for both teams.

Well yeah, if anyone can compete with the pomp of the likes of Healy or the Americans it would be the odd Aussie.

Some cross country commentator who doesn't know everything vs Healy, who does. I'd opt for the Pommy mate myself.

Btw, for comparative purposes, the Aussie Open has the best coverage of the ATP.

On a side note I have first row seats behind the bench to watch the Canadian and US Olympic teams.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=ICEHOCKE14

eh, in July... :rolleyes:

​Guess it'll be a development squad for both, but they're coming nonetheless... Kids are excited!

Oh, well, I'm off to Mandurah for a surf its gunna be 35 today.

I find it amusing that people are considering Canada's forwards to be lesser than their American counterparts.

The top 3, and 5 of the NHL's top 10 scorers are on that roster, 8 of the top 20, and another 4 of the top 20 could not even crack the Canadian lineup (that's 12 / 20 that are Canadians). That's without Stamkos.

In addition to the top 3 scorers in the NHL, all Canadian centers, Canada has a pair of the best two way centers in the world in Bergeron and Toews, who also happen to be two of the best faceoff guys in the NHL. Pretty strong down the middle, which kind of matters, and those are also the guys who will be the first to backup their blueline.

Joe Thornton could well be the USA's top line center. and didn't make Team Canada.

The USA has a pair of floaters in the top 10, and Pavelski at 20. One of those floaters has a tendency to disappear when the game gets physical, and the other is one of the NHL's premier liabilities and giveaway leaders. That can prove deadly if they're on the wrong side of that equation. Not to mention the lack of character!

Every last guy on that roster with the exception of Kesler wishes he were Canadian.

And then you look at the bluelines:

Weber Suter

Pietrangelo Shattenkirk

Keith McDonagh

Doughty Fowler

Vlasic Martin

Bouwmeester Orpik

Hamhuis Faulk

Subban Carlson

Hard to like that matchup from a USA point of view.

The only positive here is that it's only a one game gig. That alone, and Quick, gives the USA a prayer.

In

I disagree, very cliche and simplistic way of looking at it. I think the main factor will be if Canada can finally get some finish. Not to take away anything from the other teams goalies, but how many times has Canada had a great scoring chance and either missed the net, fanned on the shot, or hit the post? These are supposed to be NHL stars. I would imagine Canada will control puck possession, but if the US's solid defensive forwards step up and they get a great game from Miller, they can easily take it.

It'll be a tough, close game for both teams.

I dunno how good of a game Miller will have defending the bench. :lol: My hope is that Jonathan Quick has a great game on the ice. ;)

I'd like to point out that the (on-paper) toughest opponents Canada and U.S have faced thus far are Finland and Russia respectively. In both cases, Can/US barely inched out overtime, suggesting that they are probably close in head-to-head to their opponents at the time. We have seen that Finland was able to utterly destroy Russia 3-1, a victory that came easier for them than the americans. Big names aside, I truly believe that finland was the stronger team and canada had a tougher trial to reach the same stage. Although i have only 50% as much confident in team2014 compared to team2010, I'd think that Canada is pretty underrated on CDC despite their tight victories.

Oh you didn't know? both teams will get 2 goals in the 1st period then start of the 2nd for the rest of the game with be Lu vs Miller

If that's the case then I'll make sure I have something on hand to calm my nerves. If it turns into a run and gun type of game then Canada will have the edge.

Archived