The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jimmy Kimmel strikes again. Sochi wolf prank

Grapefruits

Olympic Luger’s Video of ‘Wolf’ Outside of Her Room Is Reportedly a Jimmy Kimmel Hoax

And the video has gone viral

By Olivia B. Waxman @OBWaxFeb. 20, 20141 Comment

screen-shot-2014-02-20-at-3-07-00-pm.png?w=322&h=214&crop=1

Updated at 4:15 p.m.: Various news outlets are reporting that the United States Luge Association has confirmed to Inside Edition that the video is a stunt organized by Jimmy Kimmel and that the athlete, Kate Hansen, will Skype with the late-night host.

Athletes and journalists at the Winter Olympics in Sochi have been complaining about everything from two toilets in a bathroom stall to discolored water. Now, Kate Hansen of the U.S. Olympic Luge team has uploaded a YouTube video of “an intruder” outside of her dorm room. ”I’m pretty sure this is a wolf wandering my hall in Sochi,” she writes on her https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qZA-xOeQmE. The video has gone viral, racking up more than 700,000 views and more than 2,000 retweets.

But because Sochi is known for stray dogs roaming the streets, it is more likely Hansen saw one of those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCMJCnrQ1gw

Sochi Winter Olympics: Kate Hansen Cries Wolf in Reported Kimmel Hoax | TIME.com http://newsfeed.time.../#ixzz2twWLbOja

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Just watched this unfold on Kimmel, LOL!

Guest Gumballthechewy

Not sure if you watched Kimmel, but the news reports were hilarious.

No I haven't. I just watched this video.

obviously for anyone who owned one before.

Yeah, for someone who owned one before...

One of my huskies got loose once and my neighbour and his buddy were quading and found her and his buddy was like "Damn! There's a wolf!" and my neighbour was like "That's my neighbours dog." my huskies are purebred with no hint of wolf in them and they look nothing like wolves.

it's a little far south for a siberian husky...

:huh:

Couldn't have been that obvious as Kimmel says it was a real wolf, America wolf.

Most people are stupid, especially city people.

obviously for anyone who owned one before.

Also obvious for the opposite end, anyone who's seen a real wolf in person. The dog in the video is fair sized, but not what I'd think of for a wolf. There are other differences too of course.

There's a lady who used to come to the dog park near my house with a half wolf and the thing is massive. That was one of the most agile/athletic dogs I've seen considering it's size (she was saying it'd regularly jump her tall fences, roam around a bit then come back home on it's own), but very calm when he wasn't playing.

Archived