The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

i think if they'd give up maata, they wouldn't add in Bennet and a 1st

He'll if you could even just get Maata sutter 2nd and had a second deal already set up with edler for a replacement like Schenn 1st. your still makin off not bad looking at the quality coming back. Give or take pieces but your looking at

Sedin sedin Kassian

Higgins Schenn Hansen

Booth Sutter Burrows

Sestito Richardson Schroeder

Hamhuis Bieksa

Maata Tanev

Stanton Garrison

Another first lined up at the draft and 3 kids on the way to Utica next year. Youth on every line and 3 kids on the blue line. Do something like this and were set up to make more moves as Horvat corrado and company push for jobs.

He'll if you could even just get Maata sutter 2nd and had a second deal already set up with edler for a replacement like Schenn 1st. your still makin off not bad looking at the quality coming back. Give or take pieces but your looking at

Sedin sedin Kassian

Higgins Schenn Hansen

Booth Sutter Burrows

Sestito Richardson Schroeder

Hamhuis Bieksa

Maata Tanev

Stanton Garrison

Another first lined up at the draft and 3 kids on the way to Utica next year. Youth on every line and 3 kids on the blue line. Do something like this and were set up to make more moves as Horvat corrado and company push for jobs.

That would be my ultimate return too I think. Maatta is the real deal I think, he looked fantastic at the Olympics. Then use Edler to get a scoring fwd

If the biggest piece coming back is a dman I don't think Vancouver does the Kesler trade, so you would have to think Philly has better odds over Pens they have more appealing forwards.... just my 2 cents if in fact those are the two most likely teams.

If the biggest piece coming back is a dman I don't think Vancouver does the Kesler trade, so you would have to think Philly has better odds over Pens they have more appealing forwards.... just my 2 cents if in fact those are the two most likely teams.

except Maata is the best prospect form either team. It depends on their intention with Edler. If they want to move edler (or another top 4 dman), then Kesler could be used to get a Maata. If they'd rather keep edler, then yes, I agree, a young cman would be the centrepiece for a kesler deal.

dont think we could get schenn and simmonds for kesler, would have to add(hansen), but i would like to try get both.

sedins simmonds

higgins schenn kassian

booth schroeder burrows(has had 30games to produce time for him to drop out of top 6 for now)

sestito richardson dalpe

That would be my ultimate return too I think. Maatta is the real deal I think, he looked fantastic at the Olympics. Then use Edler to get a scoring fwd

Yeah it would be sick if all stars could align for something like that.. Just making a point we don't have to completely fleece them if we get quality hockey deals done.

Even maata sutter 2 for Kesler Schroeder. Kids of no use to us anyways when you bring in Schenn and have Horvat coming in to challenge sutter.

You don't have to get the moon to make doing it worthwhile. It's a fact we need a shake up and if we could get at least this, why not roll the dice. We really got nothin to lose at this point, no Derek Roy is going to pull us out of this one.

We still have great players and fresh grade A young faces may light a fire.. Even if it doesn't right away we're not that far off as these kids get a season or 2 under them and Jensen shinkaruk start pushing too.

Yeah it would be sick if all stars could align for something like that.. Just making a point we don't have to completely fleece them if we get quality hockey deals done.

Even maata sutter 2 for Kesler Schroeder. Kids of no use to us anyways when you bring in Schenn and have Horvat coming in to challenge sutter.

You don't have to get the moon to make doing it worthwhile. It's a fact we need a shake up and if we could get at least this, why not roll the dice. We really got nothin to lose at this point, no Derek Roy is going to pull us out of this one.

We still have great players and fresh grade A young faces may light a fire.. Even if it doesn't right away we're not that far off as these kids get a season or 2 under them and Jensen shinkaruk start pushing too.

I like JS, but you're right, if they can get a cman back, even Sutter, then he becomes expendable in the organization.

Nyqusit WILL NOT be traded guys. Have you seen him play? The guy is amazing, Detroit has babyed him up through the ranks too, and he's instantly become a fan favorite. The guy is offensively brilliant and defensively excellent. They look at him as being a Zetterberg or Datsyuk replacement down the road.

You'd be hardpressed for Detroit to bite on a straight up Kesler for Nyquist alone.

Nyqusit WILL NOT be traded guys. Have you seen him play? The guy is amazing, Detroit has babyed him up through the ranks too, and he's instantly become a fan favorite. The guy is offensively brilliant and defensively excellent. They look at him as being a Zetterberg or Datsyuk replacement down the road.

You'd be hardpressed for Detroit to bite on a straight up Kesler for Nyquist alone.

The only other player on Detroit id be seriously interested in involving a Kesler trade would be Mantha... Nyquist , Mantha and a 1st would be my asking price. Sounds like there is a mini bidding war so Im sure this is the one time Gillis wont get fleeced.

Just looked up maatta's stats, what is the hard on for this guy? A career high 8 goals in the OHL. Granted I don't really follow the OHL.

you might want to look again, but at the Penguins, not the OHL......also, did you watch the Olympics this year?

Just looked up maatta's stats, what is the hard on for this guy? A career high 8 goals in the OHL. Granted I don't really follow the OHL.

He's 19 and already their best defenseman. Just one of those guys that hit the ground running, instant stud.

He's 19 and already their best defenseman. Just one of those guys that hit the ground running, instant stud.

Off-topic but Jacob Trouba is having the same kind of season for the Winnipeg Jets. Though to be fair... it's the Winnipeg Jets. Still impressive for any young player to be making such an impact.

As for Maatta, he's not a flashy player but he plays with so much poise. 19 years old and already he's the kind of guy you can have out in any situation (PK, PP, last minute, you name it).

Archived