The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

In regards to Pouliot, and despite the changing the GM in Pittsburgh, I highly doubt they'll part with him at all. Theres too much potential there, and it would be wise to keep the kid that many feel is the best offensive d-man in all of Junior hockey. Im convinced that theyd move Letang before Pouliot.

You might be right but if the Penguins want to win another cup with their current core they better do it soon... Kesler would be a huge step in that direction , even if they lose a young stud in Pouliot. Kesler for Pouliot and a 1st is a fair deal in my opinion.

In regards to Pouliot, and despite the changing the GM in Pittsburgh, I highly doubt they'll part with him at all. Theres too much potential there, and it would be wise to keep the kid that many feel is the best offensive d-man in all of Junior hockey. Im convinced that theyd move Letang before Pouliot.

Why would we want Letang? He just had a stroke and hes going to make like 7 million or more a year? Not happening.

EXACTLY. People got to put the Pouliot fantasy to rest.. Shero's gone. Kesler wouldn't even want to be there if it weren't for Shero & Bylsma

EXACTLY. People got to put the Pouliot fantasy to rest.. Shero's gone. Kesler wouldn't even want to be there if it weren't for Shero & Bylsma

Agreed. Who would want to play with Crosby and Malkin and Neal and Kunitz and... wait a sec...

I am interested in hearing why you believe Bieksa would outright lie instead of ignoring or deflecting the questions asked about kesler, what does Bieksa have to gain from making up a lie about someone else?

Ummmmm.....because ignoring or deflecting the question would make it obvious that Kesler wants out.

Ummmmm.....because ignoring or deflecting the question would make it obvious that Kesler wants out.

If he had simply said you will have to ask Kesler, agent or gmmg because I do not know the answer to your question,that is neither ignoring or deflecting it is giving a straightforward answer that is understandable and only a fool or a person looking to sell headlines would read into it that Kesler definitely wanted out. Instead he gave a definitive answer and potentially risked looking like a complete fool being caught in a lie for no gain. Do you go through life lying to people on behalf of others and risk being caught in said lie for no gain,

"The Bruins were reportedly close to acquiring defenseman Alexander Edler from the Vancouver Canucks prior to the March 5 trade deadline, but the deal fell through after Vancouver ownership supposedly nixed the deal, along with another one of the Canucks' deals that would have sent forward Ryan Kesler to the Pittsburgh Penguins. "

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/bos140521.html

"The Bruins were reportedly close to acquiring defenseman Alexander Edler from the Vancouver Canucks prior to the March 5 trade deadline, but the deal fell through after Vancouver ownership supposedly nixed the deal, along with another one of the Canucks' deals that would have sent forward Ryan Kesler to the Pittsburgh Penguins. "http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/bos140521.html

Sounds like they didn't trust gillis at all.

"The Bruins were reportedly close to acquiring defenseman Alexander Edler from the Vancouver Canucks prior to the March 5 trade deadline, but the deal fell through after Vancouver ownership supposedly nixed the deal, along with another one of the Canucks' deals that would have sent forward Ryan Kesler to the Pittsburgh Penguins. "

I'd do a Hamilton + 1st for Edler, Schroeder deal straight up.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that playing on the wing with the best player in the world is a bit more of an enticing selling-feature than playing for Dan Bylsma...

Besides, anyone who follows the Penguins, on a day-to-day basis (like myself), knows that Bylsma and Shero deserved to be fired and (Bylsma especially) were holding the Pens back. If I'm Kesler, I've got my bags packed for Pennsylvania.

the rumour involved kocklachev, I am glad we didn't trade edler for like kocklachev and 2nd or some loose bits that are not gonna help us, package edler with our 1st and get a real asset.

Archived