The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

Looks like Couturier may be off the table. I don't know about you guys but I'm really liking the sounds of Wennberg, 1st(2014), and one of Dubinsky/Jenner for Kes.

As am I.

edler in one deal

Kesler in another

Luongo as a stand alone

Reap the picks/prospects

Suck for 2 years and hope we get a bona fide shot at MacDavid and Chychrun and not Edmonton out with RNH and Yakupov...talk about bad luck for sucking

Philly just got cold feet; offer looks to be their best until noon Wednesday

Good, they can eff right off. I'm glad MG is at least playing hardball for Kes. He demands a really good return, regardless of what some people say. Makes it a bit easier to stomach what he is doing to Luongo.

@FarhanLaljiTSN 5m

Gillis says he didnt move Edler b4 his NTC kicked in b/c he wanted future FAs to trust the organization. What does the Luongo situation do?

The difference with the Luongo situation is there is only one spot for goaltending. Forwards and defensemen just get shuffled up and down the lineup if someone else is playing better than them. You can't shuffle Lu down the lineup they same way as Edler or Kassian.

you guys from what Ive heard we have bigger problems than mike gillis or who our coach is ... I was just told that the Aquilinis told mike they didn't want kesler traded because he sells more merch than anyone else !!!! SERIOUSLY !!! this is what were dealing with !!! gillis had to sit and explain to them that they will lose more than merch sales if they dont move this guy ... Im sorry folks but that is just gross .. Thats what our owner is thinking .... my god we are in trouble .. slum lords own our team ..

http://www.thefourth.../van140301.html

The Detroit Red Wings, Philadelphia Flyers, Toronto Maple Leafs and Columbus Blue Jackets are interested in both Kesler and Edler, while the New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins are eyeing Kesler, and the Montreal Canadiens and Tampa Bay Lightning have discussed Edler.

Nothing but picks and prospects please. Go Go Youth Movement!!!

Show them Oilers how a rebuild is done

you guys from what Ive heard we have bigger problems than mike gillis or who our coach is ... I was just told that the Aquilinis told mike they didn't want kesler traded because he sells more merch than anyone else !!!! SERIOUSLY !!! this is what were dealing with !!! gillis had to sit and explain to them that they will lose more than merch sales if they dont move this guy ... Im sorry folks but that is just gross .. Thats what our owner is thinking .... my god we are in trouble .. slum lords own our team ..

OK, you're not new here.

Please, post a source or don't post this kind of stuff at all.

The issue with comments like these is that they're endless and never verified but you know a guy who knows a guy who slept with a girl who got hit on by the executive director of a country club where a players stick boy worked as a teenager.

OK, you're not new here.

Please, post a source or don't post this kind of stuff at all.

The issue with comments like these is that they're endless and never verified but you know a guy who knows a guy who slept with a girl who got hit on by the executive director of a country club where a players stick boy worked as a teenager.

have I been wrong about the things ive posted in the past ? no i haven't .. i dont make outlandish statements ,, I haven't tried to be a big shot .. You can't and won't tell me what to post sir .. I post what i know. .. take it or leave it .. my source is better than you could know ... and no sir .. i will not and cannot prove that by outing the source ... so call me a liar .. I'm fine with that .. just dont tell me what to do big daddy

have I been wrong about the things ive posted in the past ? no i haven't .. i dont make outlandish statements ,, I haven't tried to be a big shot .. You can't and won't tell me what to post sir .. I post what i know. .. take it or leave it .. my source is better than you could know ... and no sir .. i will not and cannot prove that by outing the source ... so call me a liar .. I'm fine with that .. just dont tell me what to do big daddy

THAN POST YOUR SOURCE OR STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You cannot or will not and as such YOU'RE CONTRIBUTING TO THE PROBLEM

I don't HAVE to tell you not to post things like that

The forum rules tell you not to.

Edit** For the record, I am not calling you a liar. You're making yourself out to be a gossip though, a gossip with no credible source who posts things they cannot substantiate which in itself kinda makes you out to be a liar.

Found this on HockeyBuzz but i figured i would post it anyways. (link:http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-Jaeckel/Solider-Field-PreviewCrazy-Trade-Rumor/128/58341)

RUMOUR

At the Olympics, star players from opposing NHL teams, often NHL rivals, will forge positive on and off ice relationships. I was told this afternoon that Hawk RW Patrick Kane has made it known to team management that he would love for them to move heaven and earth to bring none other than . . . Ryan Kesler . . . to Chicago to be his center.

Found this on HockeyBuzz but i figured i would post it anyways. (link:http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-Jaeckel/Solider-Field-PreviewCrazy-Trade-Rumor/128/58341)

RUMOUR

At the Olympics, star players from opposing NHL teams, often NHL rivals, will forge positive on and off ice relationships. I was told this afternoon that Hawk RW Patrick Kane has made it known to team management that he would love for them to move heaven and earth to bring none other than . . . Ryan Kesler . . . to Chicago to be his center.

Not on the list:

The Detroit Red Wings, Philadelphia Flyers, Toronto Maple Leafs and Columbus Blue Jackets are interested in both Kesler and Edler, while the New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins are eyeing Kesler, and the Montreal Canadiens and Tampa Bay Lightning have discussed Edler.

They also have the least amount of available cap space to make a Kesler trade.

Archived