The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] via the Score: Penguins made a trade offer for Kesler...

Apparently PIT is the most aggressive for Kesler.

I just don't like dealing with PIT because realistically, the best center we would get out of them is Sutter, who I'm not so high on.

Would much rather deal with NYR or PHI to get Stepan, Couturier, Schenn

Well hopefully we can use Pittsburgh as leverage to get something good from Philly.

You guys honestly want to see this guy leave, I'm going to miss him.

I don't want to see him go. But if HE wants to go, then yeah, we already have Lu. No need to have multiple players -- core players at that -- wanting out. We had that kinda chemistry in the late 90s. And with the Keenan/Tortorella parallels, it has the potential to similarly blow up.

Sutter, 1st, 3rd and Despres/Dumoulin would be terrible. I don't mind the inclusion of Sutter as I think he would actually be a fair addition to the Canucks, but the entire package doesn't add up to the worth of Kesler. Considering Kes' cap hit, his age and his resume, Despres/Dumoulin should be Maata and the 3rd should be changed to another 1st rd pick or Beau Bennett. With Letang injured though, that will lower the odds of the Canucks getting Maata.

Sutter, 1st, 3rd and Despres/Dumoulin would be terrible. I don't mind the inclusion of Sutter as I think he would actually be a fair addition to the Canucks, but the entire package doesn't add up to the worth of Kesler. Considering Kes' cap hit, his age and his resume, Despres/Dumoulin should be Maata and the 3rd should be changed to another 1st rd pick or Beau Bennett. With Letang injured though, that will lower the odds of the Canucks getting Maata.

Kesler is not worth 2 1st round picks Maata and Sutter

You guys honestly want to see this guy leave, I'm going to miss him.

No, in a perfect world this team would have stayed a contender after 2011. Unfortunately all they've done since then is steadily decline.

Keeping Kesler for the last two years of his contract and letting him walk is not what's best for the future of this franchise. We've done that in the past and look where it got us.

I think it's best for Kesler and the team to part ways and have it be mutually beneficial. Kesler can go try and get a cup for himself, and the Canucks can start planning for the future. Cause as it stands right now, this team is more than a few moves away from getting back to being a top team.

If the reported offer is true and MG accepts, he better get fired cuz that is plain ridiculous. Guys were talking bout our 2C here and integral part of our offense. If Kesler is being traded to Pitts, the centerpiece has to be Maata or Pouliot/Bennet+.

Umm, that offer was by Pittsburgh, not by Gillis. Calm yourself.

If that offer was made by Gillis, Shero would have gladly accepted already.

Archived