The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] via the Score: Penguins made a trade offer for Kesler...

Then Tampa won't win a Cup anytime soon.

With Kesler they can win a Cup this year. Right now (assuming Stamkos gets healthy before playoffs).

Stamkos is only 24. They have many more years to compete for a cup.

Trading away an 18 year old stud 3rd overall pick for a 29 year old with two years left on his contract is not a recipe for success.

If we are dealin with Tampa, I want Hedman. Kesler + Edler for Hedman and Killorn. Hedman-Tanev would be the best D pairing in the league as soon as next year. I imagine MSL would have to go, cause that's a lot of cap. Or maybe we can accomadate a short term dump.

MSL, Stammer, Kes for the next few years...beastly.

Then Tampa won't win a Cup anytime soon.

With Kesler they can win a Cup this year. Right now (assuming Stamkos gets healthy before playoffs).

Actually any team that makes the playoffs has a chance to win the cup. As of now TBL are in the playoffs.

Drouin is 3rd overall in a deep draft. Kesler is 29 years old and is a UFA in 2 years. Your opinion also means crap since you can't predict who will and won't win the cup sir.

Yea, they may be interested but the Canucks wouldn't likely wanna deal with them.

No point making Chicago even stronger if we plan on being a contender again at some point.

I dont get the logic in this. We would be rebuilding and they arent even in our division. If Chicago has the best offer Gillis should take it.

Actually any team that makes the playoffs has a chance to win the cup. As of now TBL are in the playoffs.

Drouin is 3rd overall in a deep draft. Kesler is 29 years old and is a UFA in 2 years. Your opinion also means crap since you can't predict who will and won't win the cup sir.

I just dont think that tampa feels they are on the cusp or just 1 player away ... this is what makes the difference in this trade .. a team that feels they are a kesler away from the cup can allow themselves to give up way more ... a team that thinks that they'd be lucky to go all the way will have a harder time telling themselves that its a good move

I dont get the logic in this. We would be rebuilding and they arent even in our division. If Chicago has the best offer Gillis should take it.

The logic is you trade cross conference. Most GMs do it.

You don't make your rival stronger. GMing 101.

To Toronto

Kesler

3rd

To Vancouver

Kadri

Gardiner

Frederik Gauthier

Conditional 1st if leafs win 2rounds in 2014 otherwise 2nd

Make Toronto pay! Reilly not Gardiner.

If Chicago is willing to part with enough, this could work.

With Kesler, it's just not fair. Chicago is all but guaranteed a repeat.

I would push HARD if I was CHI if Kesler could be had without parting with Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith or Seabrook. I would think that a trade with CHI would begin with Sharp though, and in that case, it will be straight up or we may have to add. I think CHI could afford to trade Sharp for Kesler because Kesler is a center that can play behind Toews, and they already have Hossa, Kane and Saad on the wing even without Sharp.

Kesler addresses their most significant need and they have enough depth to absorb Sharp's absence on their wing.

Call me a homer; but I dont think Sharp is even steven value for Kesler. Lights out with the puck, sure.

But Kesler is a body capable of equalizing speed and size match ups against any line up in the league defensively. His overall impact on the play is much greater.

Not that sharp is what the Canucks are looking for anyway.

Teravainen, Leddy +

I cant find it. I swear I saw a rumour Bickel, Saad, Leddy and a pick. Or something to that effect. Maybe it was Bickel or Saad (not both) + Leddy and the pick???

Call me a homer; but I dont think Sharp is even steven value for Kesler. Lights out with the puck, sure.

But Kesler is a body capable of equalizing speed and size match ups against any line up in the league defensively. His overall impact on the play is much greater.

Teravainen, Leddy +

I cant find it. I swear I saw a rumour Bickel, Saad, Leddy and a pick. Or something to that effect. Maybe it was Bickel or Saad (not both) + Leddy and the pick???

I would love to see Toronto pay (and pay dearly) but Kesler isn't in the Toronto sweepstakes ...I have seen Chicago rumours (with sources),but to me ..looks like kicking tires...I still say Kesler remains a Canuck.

Guest Dasein

Teravainen, Leddy +

Bickell has that big contract and hasn't played well at all, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was a throw-in.

Archived