The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Heritage Classic] Ottawa @ Vancouver | 03/02/14 |

Drouin

It snows in Vancouver?

The current forecast is 10-25 cm of snow in the next 24 hours according to Environment Canada:

Snow tonight and Sunday with accumulations of 10 to 25 cm.

This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..listen for updated statements.

A strong Arctic ridge of high pressure is situated over the British Columbia Interior. Cold Arctic air is being pushed out to the coast causing very strong northeasterly winds of 90 km/h through the mainland inlets of the central and north coasts. The combination of strong winds and cold temperatures will result in cold wind chill values of below minus 20 tonight and Sunday for inland sections of the North Coast. Strong outflow winds over southern sections of Howe Sound has abated and will continue to ease through tonight.

Meanwhile, a low pressure system developing off Vancouver Island will spread increasing amounts of moisture across the South Coast. 5 cm of snow is expected over the Lower Mainland and East Vancouver Island tonight with local amounts up to 10 cm over the Fraser Valley. Snow will then intensify on Sunday before changing to rain later in the day. Further accumulations of 5 to 15 cm are expected with the greater amounts occurring inland and at higher elevations of Metro Vancouver. There is also the risk of freezing rain Sunday night over eastern sections of the Fraser Valley.

http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/

If he saved that one on Minny's PP we would have won the game.

Then I would say he is "hot".

But ding ding ding - I agree with you - he did everything he could but score, same as Luongo.

Are you seriously trying to argue that Luongo has played as well as Lack in their last 5 starts? Really?

BTW, for those interested, I found an article on the Vancouver Sun that gives a far more complete quote from Luo regarding his "I don't want to go through this again" statement that the Twitter reports took out of context.

Thanks Poetica. Thought so. People are so quick to hang on every word but don't realize there's a game called grab some attention however you can. The whole story doesn't sell, but snippets and headlines do, because they are open to interpretation.

This time of year makes people lose their minds.

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN 34s

Eddie Lack will start for #canucks in #HeritageClassic

WHY WOULD LUONGO NOT BE STARTING WHAT THE HECK IS THIS

edit: has to be a trade coming then?? otherwise it's simply outrageous and disrespectful to not start lu tmrw..

I've supported Tortorella but not starting Luongo is irretrievably stupid and insulting. This guy clearly has no idea. What an idiot!

I've supported Tortorella but not starting Luongo is irretrievably stupid and insulting. This guy clearly has no idea. What an idiot!

Torts is thinking about winning and getting 2 points and making the playoffs couple of factors to consider

Luongo believe it or not is cold right now hasn't start a game since Sochi against Austria throwing him into an outdoor game is a bad idea

Lack has played 2 great games 1 shutout and 1 GA stopping 22 of 23 shots and 6 of 7 on the shootout it's great that Torts has the much confidence in a rookie back up

people need to realize the NHL is a business

Perhaps Torts and Gillis didn't see it that way. Luongo's comments were unprofessional and irresponsible and whether it was a joke or not it was a shot at Management.

So I'd like to see you take a public shot (across the world) at your employer's GM (i.e. your boss' boss) and let's see how long you still work there, let alone have a bench to sit on.

That is pretty uncalled for considering how things have shaken down in the past couple years for Luongo. They were pretty tame comments expressing his own feelings.

Torts is thinking about winning and getting 2 points and making the playoffs couple of factors to consider

Luongo believe it or not is cold right now hasn't start a game since Sochi against Austria throwing him into an outdoor game is a bad idea

Lack has played 2 great games 1 shutout and 1 GA stopping 22 of 23 shots and 6 of 7 on the shootout it's great that Torts has the much confidence in a rookie back up

people need to realize the NHL is a business

What do you want the 2 points for?

This team isn't winning anything this year, I'll gladly eat my words if we win a cup but let's be real. There are other teams out there that are also fighting for a playoff spot and have games in hand, many teams are also catching fire like the Jets. At this point getting wins is really hurting this team instead of helping it.

You don't just take the best goaltender in Canucks history and put him on the bench for one of the biggest regular season games in Canucks history (I'm saying that based on venue and seating capacity).

Archived