The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks are the worst team in the NHL right now

gradin123

You must be like 15 yrs old or something. Check out the Canuck's record in the 80's and ninties. They sucked every year.

Yup, they sucked every year. But, this team may be worse right now, than any team we had back then.

These stats are eye-opening. It's not like we don't have the same core from the 2011 run... astounding failure.

Go back to the very beginning of the franchise, if your old enough. The teams in the 70's and 80's had way less talent, relatively, but at least competed. I don't recall a Canucks team ever looking as listless, confused and disinterested as this team has over the last two months. The only possible exception being the dark days of Keenan.

Good let finish in top 10 for a better draft pick and a better shot at winning the lottery.

Ekblad :bigblush:.......but of course Gillis would be Reinhart (he's a really good player too, but Ekblad is the next Weber).

We need Reinhart a lot more than we need Ekblad. Our D hasn't been great, but it's capable, and we have Tanev and Corrado emerging. However, our scoring is downright awful and the Sedins are going downhill fast. Reinhart is a pure playmaker and a gifted offensive player. Think Tyler Seguin.

That said, even if we continue tanking, we don't have a great chance to get a top 3 pick, so I think we're all dreaming

Considering that 14 times the Canucks finished a full season with fewer wins than the Canucks have at this point in the season, I would say that this is not the worst team in Canucks history.

Most under-performing? You could make a case for that. But not worst.

Goals per dollar spent on this team is most definately the worst in team history. Especially with two former Art Ross winners, a former Selke winner, and a former Hart winner.

You can't really measure it that way though. The economics of the league have changed dramatically since the team's inception. Player salary increases have far, far outpaced inflation. Due to the change in league economics, you can't really compare one era to the other on a dollar for dollar basis. You could probably win the Stanley Cup now and mathematically be a worse team on a dollar for dollar comparison.

I would look at the 1976 - 81 Canucks who never got above 30 wins in 5 seasons. They went a collective 125W - 196L - 79T.

I guess the difference though, is that back then we didn't really have any big expectations for the team.

IMO the Canucks are not build for Torts style hockey. The roster that is there is pretty much the same make up as the blueprint Nonis left off. The Canucks are built on finesse. Controlling the offense, puck possession ect. The team is not built for defense. Gaborik left Ny because he was stifled in what he could do offensively. It can't be a coincidence that the Sedins, Burrows, Hansen, etc are having the worst statistical year of their careers. Not to mention the fact that they have had more injuries than they have had in many years.

The gm needs to figure if they want to ice a finesse team by changing coaches or keeping the defensive mentality and overhaul the roster. Markstrom and Mattias just won't be enough.

We suck but I think like the collapses in 2005-06 and 2007-08 that the team can rebound quickly the next season. For now I would stockpile the walking dead, house of cards and true detective then binge watch until the playoffs start.

We are in the perfect position right now,

The perfect position to get the #1 pick in next years draft (Conner McDavid)

Having this style of Coach, who BTW has completely lost his room,

trying to pound his square peg into that round hole, because it worked 10 years ago

These player are like Zombies out there! The Skating Dead

It is terrible to watch

Keep Tortasaurus and the same players for next season, get #1 in the 2015 draft

Can Torts and Gillis, Then draft McDavid,

Archived