The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Draft Pick Watch and Playoff Watch

Ronalds.Kenins41

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Denial by so many. Go for the draft pic! Edmonton is an example that drafting high is no guarantee but all the same drafting under 10th spot is worth more than going out in the 1st Round.

In this franchises entire history it has never done a serious rebuild. Time for that to happen is overdue. All one has to do is watch the depth in many other orgs to realize Van has some serious re-organizing.

Denial by so many. Go for the draft pic! Edmonton is an example that drafting high is no guarantee but all the same drafting under 10th spot is worth more than going out in the 1st Round.

In this franchises entire history it has never done a serious rebuild. Time for that to happen is overdue. All one has to do is watch the depth in many other orgs to realize Van has some serious re-organizing.

We currently pick 10th

We will not drop lower than the 9th pick even finishing at 4 wins and 5 losses

If we just miss the playoffs by 1 spot we would pick 11th in the draft and either DAL or PHX would pick 10th

If we don't make the playoffs we pick 10th,

If we make the playoffs we will pick 15th or hopefully higher.

It really makes little difference now!

We may as well gun for the playoffs.

why did I even say t hat :picard:

We just lost all our chances that's what I meant to say. To clarify there is no chance

at least we've all kept a sense of humour through this crappy season .. haha .. you guys have made it much more palatable for me !!

We currently pick 10th

We will not drop lower than the 9th pick even finishing at 4 wins and 5 losses

If we just miss the playoffs by 1 spot we would pick 11th in the draft and either DAL or PHX would pick 10th

If we don't make the playoffs we pick 10th,

If we make the playoffs we will pick 15th or hopefully higher.

It really makes little difference now!

We may as well gun for the playoffs.

You are pretty much right except that Ottawa, Carolina, Winnipeg and Nashville could all pass us. Unfortunately they keep blowing all of those chances. The Peg and Nashville are both 3 points back with Nashville holding the tiebreaker over us and then Winnipeg.

Or .. haha the Flames make the very same run lots of people on this site think we're going to make and they pass us too.

I have updated the original post to fairly reflect both sides. Whether you want to see how close we are to making the playoffs or how close we are to getting a high draft pick you can check here.

Playoff Watch

We are currently 4 points back of the final wild card spot of Phoenix but they have 1 game in hand.

They play Boston, New York, Pittsburgh, New Jersey, Minnesota, Winnipeg, LA, Edmonton, Columbus, Nashville, San Jose, Dallas.

We are currently 1 point back of Dallas but they have 2 games in hand. They play Calgary, Winnipeg(x2), Pittsburgh, Philly, Ottawa, Chicago, Nashville(x2), St.Louis (x2), Washington, Carolina, Tampa, Florida and Phoenix in their remain games.

Draft Pick Watch

At the highest we had the 8th overall draft pick before the calgary game on march.8th. Because New Jersey is forced to draft 30th we are currently we are sitting in the 10th overall spot. The draft lottery might change our position but it's around that area that we will pick in if we stay there.

Calgary (2-1 W) 2 Points

New York (7-4 L)

Winnipeg (3-2 OT W) 2 Points

Wasington, (4-3 L)

Florida, (4-3 S/O W) 2 Points

Tampa, (4-3 L)

Nashville, (2-0 W) 2 Points

Buffolo, (4-2 W) 2 Points

Minnesota, (5-2 W) 2 Points

Colorado, ()

Anaheim, ()

New York, ()

LA, Anaheim, ()

Colorado, ()

Edmonton, ()

Calgary. ()

Will try to keep updating so far we have fallen down two draft spots and are still in 10th place

I have a feeling Pastrnak will be the next Pavel Demitra. I havent seen his play at all but his name reminds me of Demitra so I shall stick with that lol. Draft Pastrnak. kids gonna be legit even though I know nothing about him :D

Its a gut feeling trust me on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6oilGqt91c

oh sexy hes gonna be a beast :D i have no idea but I do have a good gut feeling on him. Future captain material maybe lol i donno just thought I would throw in this sick video :D

In all honesty the Canucks have shot themselves in the foot by playing so bad this calendar year. Even if they string together wins down the stretch Dallas is 4 points ahead with 3 games in hand. Do the math. Vancouver will have to literally win out from here on in and Dallas will have to slide for them to have a chance. Not impossible but I give them a 1% chance at making it.

In all due fairness to the fans, a majority don't want to see the Canucks purposely lose games in order to secure a high draft pick and quite frankly I've never heard or a professional sports team that ever has. Enlighten me if any of you have ever heard of it.

We as Canuck fans have had such a privilege of having our team make the playoffs nearly every year for a decade and probably have taken it for granted. We have no idea how lucky we are to have had such success. Sure, a cup wasn't won but bein able to even play playoff hockey is a privilege. If you disagree, go talk to Oiler fans and get a good idea of how brutal it is to follow that team. As far as a top 5 pick goes, it's unlikely. There's too many teams that are worse than Vancouver, but with te lottery nothing is impossible. I predict a pick from the 7-10 range. It is what it is.

to let you know chicago tanked the season to get kane and toes... also avalanche did to get mckinnon...edmonton is just bad all together because they didn't aquire enough vets to mix with the youth... teams have tanked the season on purpose and has been mentioned before on team 1040. The nhl wants to change that for the conner mcdavid draft making it like the crosby draft.... don't be naive and think this stuff doesn't happen...

We are currently 5 points back of the final wild card spot of Phoenix but they have 1 game in hand.

They play Boston, New York, Pittsburgh, New Jersey, Minnesota, Winnipeg, LA, Edmonton, Columbus, Nashville, San Jose, Dallas.

We are currently tied with Dallas but they have 3 games in hand. They play Calgary, Winnipeg(x2), Pittsburgh, Philly, Ottawa, Chicago, Nashville(x2), St.Louis (x2), Washington, Carolina, Tampa, Florida and Phoenix in their remain games.

Draft Pick Watch

At the highest we had the 8th overall draft pick before the calgary game on march.8th. Because New Jersey is forced to draft 30th we are currently we are sitting in the 9th overall spot. The draft lottery might change our position but it's around that area that we will pick in if we stay there.

Calgary (2-1 W) 2 Points

New York (7-4 L)

Winnipeg (3-2 OT W) 2 Points

Wasington, (4-3 L)

Florida, (4-3 S/O W) 2 Points

Tampa, (4-3 L)

Nashville, (2-0 W) 2 Points

Buffolo, (4-2 W) 2 Points

Minnesota, (5-2 W) 2 Points

Colorado, (3-2 OTL) 1 Point

Anaheim, ()

New York, ()

LA, Anaheim, ()

Colorado, ()

Edmonton, ()

Calgary. ()

Will try to keep updating so far we have fallen down two draft spots and are still in 10th place

Archived