The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Short Glimpse into Our Future

motzaburger

Schroeder is still only 23 years old, this is only his second year in the nhl, maybe we just give him some time, he does have the potential to become a solid asset.

Backlund, of the Calgary Flames is similar to Schroeder, he is 24, got drafted 24th compared to Schroeder 22nd. It took Backlund 5 years to finally start picking up points and develop into a good prospect for the Flames, maybe Schroeder will be similar, it may just be taking him time to develop. I wouldn't give up on him just yet

Thanks for that ! Did not know backlund was drafted 5y ago. This should make people feel better

As of right now for next season I see

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen??

Shinkaruk - ______ - Kassian

Higgins - Matthias/Horvat - Burrows

Sestito - Richardson - Archibald/Lain

(Assuming Kesler is traded, along with someone else who actually doesn't have a NTC, which would likely be Hansen)

Hopefully we go full rebuild mode and just put the Sedin's on the 2nd line where they can still produce while on the decline.

He's too skilled to just give away.(we would not get much for him at this point)..You play him,he gets more confident ..and he turns into an asset..After the fact,you can keep him or trade him..it's a win win situation...Personally,I think he's handy to have around..

Hopefully the braintrust has learned to utilise a player to recover somewhere near his market value in a trade.

Schroeder is an NHL'er,but he is a tweener on a team that has a manager with a boner for 7' center men.

Hopefully the braintrust has learned to utilise a player to recover somewhere near his market value in a trade.Schroeder is an NHL'er,but he is a tweener on a team that has a manager with a boner for 7' center men.

There is a difference in actual market value and what these boards think is market value. CDC elder is a bum trade him for Crosby lol

Doubtful if Aqua wants to eat Gillis' mistake again.

Booth should therefore be in your starting line-ups.

Sedin -Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Matthias-Santorelli

Booth-Schroeder-Hansen

Tostitos-Richardson-

Hansen/Jensen,Kassian and Kesler are used to free up and /or trade for D and goal tending.

Booth and/or Schroeder can be used in trade bait during the season.

Some moves are definitely going to HAVE to happen.

Centres:

Henrik, Kesler, Santorelli, Mathias, Schroeder, Richardson, Horvat, etc... (Am I missing anyone?)

Booth is 100% being bought out, you can bank on it... I know some people who know;)

I don't even know where to start with line combos, I think I'll just wait until the off season moves/acquisitions.

As of right now for next season I see

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen??

Shinkaruk - ______ - Kassian

Higgins - Matthias/Horvat - Burrows

Sestito - Richardson - Archibald/Lain

(Assuming Kesler is traded, along with someone else who actually doesn't have a NTC, which would likely be Hansen)

Hopefully we go full rebuild mode and just put the Sedin's on the 2nd line where they can still produce while on the decline.

Shinkaruk is coming off major hip surgery and will have barely played in a year by the time training camp opens and you have him penciled in as the 2nd line winger at 19..?...Wow...no pressure kid..!

I think more likely:

Sedin-Sedin-______ (return for Edler or UFA)

Jensen-Matthias-Burrows

Higgins-Horvat-Kassian

Richardson-Lain-Archibald/Sestito

Bieksa-Hamhuis

_____ (Return for Kesler or UFA) - Tanev

Garrison-Stanton

UFA

Out:

Kesler

Edler

Hansen

possibly Burrows

Wow, a team that has Shawn Matthias centering the second line is not a cup contender.

Wow, a team that has Shawn Matthias centering the second line is not a cup contender.

I don't think that poster said anything about if that line up would be good or bad. But that 2nd line was pretty sad haha. 13 goals between them this season and banking on a rookie to not play like one and the other 2 to pick up production in a big way. That would an ugly season if that was the roster.

Archived