The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT March 17th Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning 4:30 PM

Ryan kesler the beast

Torts is going to ruin Lack, he didn't even play Luongo this much.

After that incident where Eddie's leg got caught I for sure thought Markstrom would get the start tonight, but no John over there has to work him like a dog.

He is NOT Lundqvist or Luongo, give the guy a rest.

don't be so dramatic. he's only played 32 games this year, and in the past has said he is comfortable playing two days in a row because he had to do it a fair bit in the minors

Apparently TSN has picked the Nucks to win based on this quote from their website....

"The Canucks are hoping to string together back-to-back victories when they hose the Tampa Bay Lightning on Monday night"

:lol:

I read that too. Solid TSN reporting. It makes no sense, even it is a typo the Canucks are the road team, they're not hosting anyone.

What Lack wants and what he is capable of doing are different things. That isn't a knock on Lack, he is competitive and that is exactly what you want from a number 1 goalie (the opposite being Bryzgalov). But, as we've seen before with Lu (e.g., not wanting AV to pull him and then getting shelled for seven goals against Detroit), this competitive spirit can be a goalie's downfall. It is the coaches responsibility to read the situation and make decisions regardless of how the goalie feels.

Lack played well against Florida, but he was all over the crease. Couldn't believe how many times he slid out of position. He's going to be tired, and TB is going to score on a PP when they move the puck side to side and Stamkos snipes a one-timer a la OV.

I really like Lack, but I fear the inevitable 'Lack sucks' comments from Jamito and Russian Rocket and others who have trashed Lack in the past. If you don't want your rookie goalie to play poorly, stop putting him in positions where a rookie is destined to fail.

Enough of the insults...we all have our own, differing opinions and none are more valid than the others.

So let's keep it respectful and civilized, shall we?

No problem, I am not at all famous for trashing fellow posters. I am however, sick and tired of posters labelling others as non fans because of their opinions (to which they are entitled). The sooner those type of posts are removed from this forum, the better for everyone. JMHO

I guess cause were only 3 points from a playoff spot so they don't trust Markstorm in a situation like this

True, could be too that if by chance we do make it we want Eddie seasoned as possible. We're going in with 2 rookies lol not the best recipe for success.

If by some magical chance we win the cup this year. It'll be because Eddie Lack went 07luongo for us. I guess if we got any chance at all Eddie needs all the playing time he can get.

Archived