The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Jensen still on fire

TheRussianRocket.

Why are you so worried about Lu's feelings, wasn't he the one tweeting classless stuff like "#PrayForEddie".

Why are you reading into his tweet and calling it "classless" based on your assumptions? What you obviously took as an insult, I took as a sign of friendship. Remember, Lack and Luo are actually friends. So to me, that tweet was more likely a statement of camaraderie, saying he knows how bad it feels to be in for games where the team isn't playing well.

Sure, if you ignore reality. But I don't. Luo having better stats up until Tort's suspension and then having the team's bad play then drive his stats below Lack's temporarily is not getting outplayed. Having a better SV% since the trade isn't getting outplayed either. And I honestly do #prayforlack that people like you think it does.

Again, why can't we just support Lack for the job he's doing in this situation instead of acting like he's the reason for it? He's not. He was thrown into it by stuff that was going on behind the scenes and had nothing to do with him. Management wanting to get Luo traded, being mad at him, whatever it was, it wasn't because Luo wasn't playing like a good starter. Period. Full stop. It's not on Lack and it's not on Lack to outplay Luo now. He just has to do the best he can.

Poetica, you're the poster who threw a fit regarding Henrik's comments - if you'd simply left it alone, in context, and read them as an endorsement of his young goaltender, we wouldn't be in the midst of more Luongo dramatizing. Instead you elected to take offense on Luongo's behalf, and go so far as to suggest Henrik Sedin is "lying" and "crapping on Luo".

Perhaps calling it dramaqueening isn't so out of line.

Who is shifting anything onto Lack, aside from some Luongo loyalists who think it's appropriate to turn around and run down the incumbent, as if their love for Luongo requires that? Even the most outspoken lover of Luongo (Apollo) did not resort to that, so this tangent you've spun off on refers only to some of the more juvenile posters here - as was the case with the Hodgson hangover and all the hate Kassian has taken on these boards.

Luongo earned his share of responsibility for the drama - he fed into his share of it - and if a few folks like you can't handle the friendly trash talking that the poor shrinking violet is enduring, a hockey forum may not be the greatest place to guard your hyper sensitivities.

Why are you reading into his tweet and calling it "classless" based on your assumptions? What you obviously took as an insult, I took as a sign of friendship. Remember, Lack and Luo are actually friends. So to me, that tweet was more likely a statement of camaraderie, saying he knows how bad it feels to be in for games where the team isn't playing well.

Is he also friends with "Thing4"?

Poetica, you're the poster who threw a fit regarding Henrik's comments - if you'd simply left it alone, in context, and read them as an endorsement of his young goaltender, we wouldn't be in the midst of more Luongo dramatizing. Instead you elected to take offense on Luongo's behalf, and go so far as to suggest Henrik Sedin is "lying" and "crapping on Luo".

Perhaps calling it dramaqueening isn't so out of line.

Who is shifting anything onto Lack, aside from some Luongo loyalists who think it's appropriate to turn around and run down the incumbent, as if their love for Luongo requires that? Even the most outspoken lover of Luongo (Apollo) did not resort to that, so this tangent you've spun off on refers only to some of the more juvenile posters here - as was the case with the Hodgson hangover and all the hate Kassian has taken on these boards.

Luongo earned his share of responsibility for the drama - he fed into his share of it - and if a few folks like you can't handle the friendly trash talking that the poor shrinking violet is enduring, a hockey forum may not be the greatest place to guard your hyper sensitivities.

Oldnews, you're the one who read my "fit" and then decided to reply...again and again and again. So, call it dramaqueening if you want. I digress to your expertise in that matter.

Saying he "stole" the job isn't an endorsement if it's not true. It's a lie. And Lack deserves better than that. He deserves and has earned genuine praise, not a rewriting of history to suit other people's needs.

"Run down the incumbent" really? I've never dissed Lack. I've done the opposite, actually. Unlike you, I just don't confuse telling half truths or outright lies with compliments. No

Thank you for your concern about my feelings, but I think it's yours you might want to worry about. It sure seems like anytime anyone says anything positive about Luo you show up with vileness.

Is he also friends with "Thing4"?

Oh yeah, OUCH! Luo made a reference to a known joke about him and Cory that he had jokingly included Lack in at the beginning of the year. And in referencing Thing 4, he added the new guy into the running joke. You're right. What a jerk!

Oldnews, you're the one who read my "fit" and then decided to reply...again and again and again. So, call it dramaqueening if you want. I digress to your expertise in that matter.

Saying he "stole" the job isn't an endorsement if it's not true. It's a lie. And Lack deserves better than that. He deserves and has earned genuine praise, not a rewriting of history to suit other people's needs.

"Run down the incumbent" really? I've never dissed Lack. I've done the opposite, actually. Unlike you, I just don't confuse telling half truths or outright lies with compliments. No

Thank you for your concern about my feelings, but I think it's yours you might want to worry about. It sure seems like anytime anyone says anything positive about Luo you show up with vileness.

Oh yeah, OUCH! Luo made a reference to a known joke about him and Cory that he had jokingly included Lack in at the beginning of the year. And in referencing Thing 4, he added the new guy into the running joke. You're right. What a jerk!

Oh, that's touching....your true guardianship of both Luo and Lack, protecting them from their thoughtless captain...

But I'm sure you have a much better idea of what actually happened than that ingenuine liar Henrik Sedin.

Yeah, yours was a fit - that went far beyond 'saying something positive about Luo'.

As did the crybabies at the Winter Classic.

"They booed – or was it a Lu? – when Lack was announced as the starter before the game."

Tortorella acknowledged that "Luo was pissed. He's not happy."

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/2014/03/02/luongo-pissed-he-was-benched-for-canucks-senators-heritage-classic

"I've always wanted to play in an outdoor game." Boohoo.

"Lack has played really well the last two games and deserves the start [sunday]," Canucks coach John Tortorella told the team's website."[Luongo] wasn't benched. I decided to play Eddie Lack" Tortorella said. "Before this game the way Eddie was playing, I thought it was our best chance to get two points."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=707130

There are plenty of people here who lost patience with Luongo long before I did, and who stated it in much harsher words. I just happen to be the person whose perspective you can't handle on this matter, because there is actual context that doesn't simply lead to a foregone Luongo is a victim conclusion and doesn't yield to Luo's 'poor me' pouting.

Kudos to MG for getting this deal done and moving on from the me-first Luongo gong show.

We all knew how that script was going to end.

Oh, that's touching....your true guardianship of both Luo and Lack, protecting them from their thoughtless captain...

But I'm sure you have a much better idea of what actually happened than that ingenuine liar Henrik Sedin.

Yeah, yours was a fit - that went far beyond 'saying something positive about Luo'.

As did the crybabies at the Winter Classic.

"They booed – or was it a Lu? – when Lack was announced as the starter before the game."

Tortorella acknowledged that "Luo was pissed. He's not happy."

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/2014/03/02/luongo-pissed-he-was-benched-for-canucks-senators-heritage-classic

"I've always wanted to play in an outdoor game." Boohoo.

"Lack has played really well the last two games and deserves the start [sunday]," Canucks coach John Tortorella told the team's website."[Luongo] wasn't benched. I decided to play Eddie Lack" Tortorella said. "Before this game the way Eddie was playing, I thought it was our best chance to get two points."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=707130

There are plenty of people here who lost patience with Luongo long before I did, and who stated it in much harsher words. I just happen to be the person whose perspective you can't handle on this matter, because there is actual context that doesn't simply lead to a foregone Luongo is a victim conclusion and doesn't yield to Luo's 'poor me' pouting.

Kudos to MG for getting this deal done and moving on from the me-first Luongo gong show.

We all knew how that script was going to end.

So he answered a question honestly about always wanting to play an outdoor game. Boohoo, get over it! If you want to get angry about something, why not the fact that Torts told him he wasn't starting before sending him out to address the media scrum and then scampered off into the shadows himself instead of facing them like a professional? It was cowardly.

As for the way people treated Lack during the WC, I wasn't one of them so I don't answer for them. In fact, I was here posting that they needed to stop that because it wasn't his fault Luo wasn't started and Lack deserved our support.

As for Torts saying Luo wasn't benched, that proves that Lack did NOT "steal" the starter position and therefore it wasn't true when Hank (if the tweeted quote is accurate) said it. Rather, it points to the fact that Torts based his opinion of Lack's play on 1 pre- and 2 post-Olympic break games and comparing it to only Luo's pre-Olympic break games, which were marred by Torts' own suspension which he admitted caused the team to play like crap. Rather than taking responsibility for his own actions and how that effected the team, Torts blamed the losses on the goalie by saying that the other goalie who wasn't in net for those games would give the team a better chance to win. In doing so, he knowingly created a huge media storm, put Lack into an uncomfortable position he didn't need to be in, and pissed off what was still his starter and likely still would be if not for that game. That's scapegoating in my book.

So he answered a question honestly about always wanting to play an outdoor game. Boohoo, get over it! If you want to get angry about something, why not the fact that Torts told him he wasn't starting before sending him out to address the media scrum and then scampered off into the shadows himself instead of facing them like a professional? It was cowardly.

As for the way people treated Lack during the WC, I wasn't one of them so I don't answer for them. In fact, I was here posting that they needed to stop that because it wasn't his fault Luo wasn't started and Lack deserved our support.

As for Torts saying Luo wasn't benched, that proves that Lack did NOT "steal" the starter position and therefore it wasn't true when Hank (if the tweeted quote is accurate) said it. Rather, it points to the fact that Torts based his opinion of Lack's play on 1 pre- and 2 post-Olympic break games and comparing it to only Luo's pre-Olympic break games, which were marred by Torts' own suspension which he admitted caused the team to play like crap. Rather than taking responsibility for his own actions and how that effected the team, Torts blamed the losses on the goalie by saying that the other goalie who wasn't in net for those games would give the team a better chance to win. In doing so, he knowingly created a huge media storm, put Lack into an uncomfortable position he didn't need to be in, and pissed off what was still his starter and likely still would be if not for that game. That's scapegoating in my book.

I'm quite happy with how things have worked out, thanks.

I realize that you're not the type to project that kind of anger at Lack, poetica.

I think you have gotten carried away taking issue with Henrik's comments though.

Not "benching" Luongo doesn't mean that Lack didn't take his job - it simply means that sitting him wasn't punitive - it was simply a matter of thinking the young goaltender gave them a better chance to win - pretty much an indication that Lack was in fact stealing the starting role.

As for not taking responsibility for the media shat storm, Luo certainly precipitated his share of that with his either careless or calculated "we all know how this script ends" comments with reference to himself and Kesler being 'stuck' here.

Kind of funny how that turned out.

And I still feel exactly the same way about Hank's comment. And still do not believe Lack "stole" the starting position based on anything he actually did. If Torts actually believes that because of a handful of bad games largely his own fault, I'm seriously concerned for this team. And even more for Lack.

Sure, if you ignore reality. But I don't. Luo having better stats up until Tort's suspension and then having the team's bad play then drive his stats below Lack's temporarily is not getting outplayed. Having a better SV% since the trade isn't getting outplayed either. And I honestly do #prayforlack that people like you think it does.

Reality: At the time of the trade, Lack's save percentage was .926 (above average), and Luongo's was .917 (below average).

Reality: Prior to the deadline, Luongo started 10 games in 2014, while Lack started 13. So team's bad play should have affected Eddie's stats MORE.

Reality: In 2012-13, Luongo's former young back-up had a save percentage .020 better than him. In 2011-12, it was .18 better.

I think anyone who looks at the situation objectively can determine who is ignoring reality.

And I still feel exactly the same way about Hank's comment. And still do not believe Lack "stole" the starting position based on anything he actually did. If Torts actually believes that because of a handful of bad games largely his own fault, I'm seriously concerned for this team. And even more for Lack.

I think hanks stat meant was more of a pat on the back for the new starter then it was anything else. Lou was traded because he wanted out and the nucks got what they were looking for. I don't think lack think hank or lack for that matter feel the the job was taken by lack. Just my thoughts.

Reality: At the time of the trade, Lack's save percentage was .926 (above average), and Luongo's was .917 (below average).

Reality: Prior to the deadline, Luongo started 10 games in 2014, while Lack started 13. So team's bad play should have affected Eddie's stats MORE.

Reality: In 2012-13, Luongo's former young back-up had a save percentage .020 better than him. In 2011-12, it was .18 better.

I think anyone who looks at the situation objectively can determine who is ignoring reality.

+1

But, but performance doesn't matter.

This is Luongo we are talking about. He deserved those starts...because he owned the job...because those starts belonged to him. Because he is Luongo.

The Canucks were mistreating him every time they started the other (better, younger and less expensive) goaltender.

And now Hank is lying and crapping on Luo about it too.

And these are the

3256.jpg

Archived