The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]Bye Playoffs?

CANUCK-EXPRESS

I hear you , but really............why not?

At #8 you have more options than at #11 or 13. You can trade down, you have a few more quality players to choose from. Once we are mathematically done, I say we dump the rest of the games.

These arguments we get into here are radically delusional. It's funny to see the "heart and soulers" trying to explain how lower draft picks are just as good as higher picks. Of course they are.

Like what the heck ladies and gentleman. We are collectively losing our minds.

Underachieving management.

Players don't decide who gets signed by Gillis and Gilman.

don't blame management or even the coaches for the drop in numbers by the players themselves maybe they overachieved in 2011 but this team as a whole from top to bottom has been inconsistent and has underachieved they should be fully capable of pushing for a playoff spot but when you got the bottom 6 and youth outplaying the vets on almost a nightly basis it's on those vets to play better you can sign and trade for whoever you want doesn't excuse the poor play of these players this season

people have blamed every single person on this team except the players themselves over the last couple of years maybe it's not the coaches or Gm's fault for this poor play inconsistency and underachieving

called nothing because Torts isn't getting fired and not even close to be instead of blaming the coach maybe look at the underachieving players ever since the Cup run

now heres the problem.

A.V literally made the playoffs under Mike Gillis for 6 straight years.

We decide to change coaches, and we miss the playoff totally? I think the coach is one of the huge reasons why we are about the miss the playoffs. Why? He keeps swearing the at the Canucks! you see him on the bench? All he's doing is yelling and screaming probably dropping F bombs at the Canucks! Our team does not need a coach like that! A.V never screams are drops the f bombs on a regular basis like Torts is doing! Coaching is one of the issues! We are screwed if Torts is back next season.

Somebody in another thread yesterday mentioned about us being able to catch Minny. I immediately dismissed it, but with the "streak" that Phoenix is on, I really think that catching them is more realistic. They look extremely bothered.

In fact, they play the Yotes on Saturday....then the Hawks and Kings on the road.

If they lose all three and we win Saturday and Tues against the Rags....by next Thursday we could be within 2 points of them with the same amount of games played.

Put a Sport Select down. You'll be rich.

I haven't even ???? looked at the mathematics just focus on 1 game at a time.

That's also what Tort's said in game 30 games into this season. All of the sudden he's been looking at the scoreboard for a month straight by his own admission.

now heres the problem.

We decide to change coaches, and we miss the playoff totally? I think the coach is one of the huge reasons why we are about the miss the playoffs. Why? He keeps swearing the at the Canucks! you see him on the bench? All he's doing is yelling and screaming probably dropping F bombs at the Canucks! Our team does not need a coach like that! A.V never screams are drops the f bombs on a regular basis like Torts is doing! Coaching is one of the issues! We are screwed if Torts is back next season.

AV made the playoffs being part of the weakest division beating up on Calgary Edmonton Minnesota and Colorado

Guess what now Torts is in the toughest division with SJ Anaheim LA pretty much locks for 1st 2nd and 3rd for the forseeable future so the Canucks are now fighting for a wild card spot with teams like Phoenix Minnesota Dallas

also the yelling and swearing all the time is the overstatement of the year he has been way calmer this year and only had the 1 meltdown also the team has said nothing but praises for him he actually knows the heartbeat of this team which AV never did he knows who is going and who isn't adjusts icetime accordingly which AV never did he also knows when and where to use timeouts

bottom line this team was trending downwards long before the division change and long before the coaching change it's been a brutal season with very unlikely injuries which isn't too surprising cramming the schedule in an Olympic year it's been brutal on a lot of teams like Detroit Pittsburgh and Vancouver

now heres the problem.

I think MG has been running the team to the ground for years and it's not torts doing that we are missing the playoffs. Every year we look weaker and have only won a few playoff games in the last three years.

I do think the AV was not a bad regular season coach but that he was to stubborn to alter his game plan in the playoffs and was often out coached when the chips were on the line.

don't blame management or even the coaches for the drop in numbers by the players themselves maybe they overachieved in 2011 but this team as a whole from top to bottom has been inconsistent and has underachieved they should be fully capable of pushing for a playoff spot but when you got the bottom 6 and youth outplaying the vets on almost a nightly basis it's on those vets to play better you can sign and trade for whoever you want doesn't excuse the poor play of these players this season

Players play.

Managers construct the product or design the franchise,including the players(team) on the ice.

It's not a difficult concept to digest.

Players play.

Managers put the product(players) on the ice.

Not a difficult concept to digest.

the digest that concept yourself

players are underachieving not management the players on the ice the ones playing the game the ones paid to do a certain job and are not doing it

this board can pin it on the coach and management all they want which they have been the last 3-4 years at some point people need to start realizing the half cup effort and inconsistency by a lot of players on this team maybe it's time to move a lot of them and blow it up completely

Put a Sport Select down. You'll be rich.

Best idea I've heard all day. Definitely doing this.

A guess at the odds... Canucks on Saturday probably ~1.91, Min v Pho ~1.80, Min v Kings ~1.57, Min v Hawks ~1.53...

$20 would pay $165. Done deal.

the digest that concept yourself

players are underachieving not management the players on the ice the ones playing the game the ones paid to do a certain job and are not doing it

this board can pin it on the coach and management all they want which they have been the last 3-4 years at some point people need to start realizing the half cup effort and inconsistency by a lot of players on this team maybe it's time to move a lot of them and blow it up completely

Not so sure, I'm not about to pin it on a coach that just came in but the GM that has picked our team and put us where we are MAY be the problem.

meh if we make it I'll be happy. If we don't I'll look forward to next year, doesn't matter to me as long as we continue to work some new blood in.

It's really nice seeing all of the "other guys" scoring as well.

Kassian, Booth, Richardson, Matthias, Jensen..... seems like a breath of fresh air. Really good to see these guys clicking.

people have blamed every single person on this team except the players themselves over the last couple of years maybe it's not the coaches or Gm's fault for this poor play inconsistency and underachieving

Isn't it the managements job to see the downward trend for the past few years and address it. Can't really blow it up or move any of the core when every core player has a ntc

Archived