The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]Bye Playoffs?

CANUCK-EXPRESS

LMFAO.

This team needs Golf and fishing so bad it's unbelievable.

This off season better be the Hockey equivalent of Hiroshima... because this team SUCKS.

Everyone riding the %'s saying "oh, but they still have a chance" - is flippin delusional, and you should go snuggle up with Mike Gillis and the Aquilini's for a little cuddleclub fun.

Aquaman's Greed has given us nothing... We could have played the youth - benched the Booth... Traded Kesler ... NOPE - sit tight and hope for the playoff $$ to come in. Instead, we'll finish with a solid 12th overall pick instead of a Lotto pick... nice.

Should be ashamed of themselves. I'm not pissed at the players one bit, when you've got a lunatic behind the bench, a GM with a dead brain, and an ownership group that is in it for one thing ($$$) - what else could you do this year?

LMFAO.

This off season better be the Hockey equivalent of Hiroshima... because this team SUCKS.

Everyone riding the %'s saying "oh, but they still have a chance" - is flippin delusional, and you should go snuggle up with Mike Gillis and the Aquilini's for a little cuddleclub fun.

Aquaman's Greed has given us nothing... We could have played the youth - benched the Booth... Traded Kesler ... NOPE - sit tight and hope for the playoff $$ to come in. Instead, we'll finish with a solid 12th overall pick instead of a Lotto pick... nice.

Should be ashamed of themselves. I'm not pissed at the players one bit, when you've got a lunatic behind the bench, a GM with a dead brain, and an ownership group that is in it for one thing ($$$) - what else could you do this year?

watch out dude ... your not allowed to express a different opinion here ... that makes you a baaaad faaan ..... if you dont buy in to the propaganda your a troll ...

now heres the problem.

A.V literally made the playoffs under Mike Gillis for 6 straight years.

We decide to change coaches, and we miss the playoff totally? I think the coach is one of the huge reasons why we are about the miss the playoffs. Why? He keeps swearing the at the Canucks! you see him on the bench? All he's doing is yelling and screaming probably dropping F bombs at the Canucks! Our team does not need a coach like that! A.V never screams are drops the f bombs on a regular basis like Torts is doing! Coaching is one of the issues! We are screwed if Torts is back next season.

This.. Torts is not the right fit for this team.

Hire Laviolette - stanley cup champ as coach, 2 stanley cup appearances and without the BORING hockey, drama, and yelling at players torts brings.

Even Marc crawford would be better fit for this team. This team thrives for a run n gun style hockey. Also guys like edler, hansen would be back to their better forms not under torts.

And what would we expect in return?

while I love Hansen, JT clearly does not and Hansen has become a shell of the player he was under AV. It's sad the way JT has marginalized such a hard working, valuable player like Jannick. I would like to see him as part of a bigger deal at the draft, for his own sake.

Nobody wants to miss the playoffs, but if you are gonna then do it right and get a high draft pick.

ie TB lightning - got to game 7 of east finals then misses playoffs for 2 seasons and got a top 3 pick on one of it (Drouin). Now this year theyre back competing for the cup again.

also look at Montreal - makes playoffs in a row recently then misses one and got top 3 pick ( galchenyuk ) and now back in the playoff mix again

Canucks will be back to their winning ways next season with some tweaks in their lineup and coaching. But why not get a high pick this upcoming draft and get a blue chip prospect to develop and even insert into the lineup next season. Huge difference from #7 pick to #12. At around #6-8 there's lots of good options like to move up the draft and get into top 5 by packaging that pick or just wait for a really good prospect to fall at that range.

The way I see it:

1. Kassian, Richardson, Booth/Matthias - have the potential to be one of the better third lines in the conference

2. Move Kesler - get a young impact player in return. I may get shot in here for saying this, but I wont miss his antics one bit. Plus if we had a dime for every time he took a wrist shot and missed the net only for the puck to come out of the zone we would all be riding in Tommy Vu's yacht. Im tired of watching the PP get setup, some nice passes are made, puck ends up on his stick, wrist shot - miss- puck flies around the boards and back down to Vancouver's d zone.

3. The team needs a PP QB that can make the first pass out of the zone and/or skate with the puck into the o zone. Waiting for Edler to emerge or Garrison to turn into Salo looks like it isnt going to work.

4. Top 6 UFA required. Use Luongo's money to buy a guy that can score 25-35 goals. Stick him on the second line with whoever they get for Kesler.

5. Bring in at least one kid next year: Horvat, Fox, Shink, - dont know if these guys will be ready...maybe Grenier needs to be given a chance. 6'5" with some decent skill.

6. Fire torts. The guy does not know how to handle a team in the west that has to endure a gazillion miles of travel. Connect the dots here - why have so many prominent Canuck players been injured this year? Torts rides them like a rented mule and his dump and chase, shot blocking tactics do not mesh well with vets that play every other shift then have to get on a plane and play the next night against big western conference oafs.

7. Gillis - he wont be fired if torts is fired. Owners will not cough up millions to pay the unused contract time Gillis and Torts have.

This ship can be turned around fairly quickly with some astute trades and wise drafts. Not sure if Gillis can do this. Mr. Aquilini, if you are reading this you can hire me and about 30 other guys from these message boards to get the job done :towel:

LMFAO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAdKrsLe9EM

LMFAO.

There is no hockey equivalent of Hiroshima - making light of incredible human tragedy is insensitive.

while I love Hansen, JT clearly does not and Hansen has become a shell of the player he was under AV. It's sad the way JT has marginalized such a hard working, valuable player like Jannick. I would like to see him as part of a bigger deal at the draft, for his own sake.

I would like to see Hansen moved because he is so redunant it's not even funny. That's why he ends filling whatever spot isn't taken by anyone else. Kassian can play his postion, Burrows can play it, Mattias can play it, Santo can play when healthy. We also have Horvat, Gaunce, and Jensen there.

MG should concentrate on strengthening the top 2 lines before he worries about having 4 back up third liners in caes of injury. In all fairness to Torts Hansen hasn't lived up to his own biling this year either. It's got to be tough on any coach in this league when Jannick Hansen is relied upon as a first and second liner. Utter hypocrisy I say. If MG had a half a forecaster's brain he would have traded Jannick when his value was high. As it is we won't get much for him but he should be moved so people with higher ceilings and upside and be inserted in the line-up by the coach.

And what would we expect in return?

A 2nd/3rd rounder, or package him in a Kesler or other trade to increase value. He could also be traded for a back-up goalie if we are going to need one next year. Key thing is to move him out and free up that 2+ mil in salary. He is really only good as a starting 3rd line RW, and we don't need that right now. He's more of a roadblock than anything right now because he's ineffective on the fourth line, and he's overpriced there.

I would like to see Hansen moved because he is so redunant it's not even funny. That's why he ends filling whatever spot isn't taken by anyone else. Kassian can play his postion, Burrows can play it, Mattias can play it, Santo can play when healthy. We also have Horvat, Gaunce, and Jensen there.

MG should concentrate on strengthening the top 2 lines before he worries about having 4 back up third liners in caes of injury. In all fairness to Torts Hansen hasn't lived up to his own biling this year either. It's got to be tough on any coach in this league when Jannick Hansen is relied upon as a first and second liner. Utter hypocrisy I say. If MG had a half a forecaster's brain he would have traded Jannick when his value was high. As it is we won't get much for him but he should be moved so people with higher ceilings and upside and be inserted in the line-up by the coach.

Hansen was UFA last year, so MG really had two options, sign him before that season ended or let him walk for nothing. It would look terrible to sign him and then trade him that offseason. I agree he is a bit redundent, but because of this his value was never really that high. Every team has players that can be used like Hansen, He's not a offensive threat or a physical presence, he's a typical 3rd liner that works hard and is good defensively. I wouldn't mind seeing him moved to open up more roster spots for youth but I wouldn't expect much in return, He seems to be more of a package add on then a trade centerpiece.

The way I see it:

1. Kassian, Richardson, Booth/Matthias - have the potential to be one of the better third lines in the conference

2. Move Kesler - get a young impact player in return. I may get shot in here for saying this, but I wont miss his antics one bit. Plus if we had a dime for every time he took a wrist shot and missed the net only for the puck to come out of the zone we would all be riding in Tommy Vu's yacht. Im tired of watching the PP get setup, some nice passes are made, puck ends up on his stick, wrist shot - miss- puck flies around the boards and back down to Vancouver's d zone.

3. The team needs a PP QB that can make the first pass out of the zone and/or skate with the puck into the o zone. Waiting for Edler to emerge or Garrison to turn into Salo looks like it isnt going to work.

4. Top 6 UFA required. Use Luongo's money to buy a guy that can score 25-35 goals. Stick him on the second line with whoever they get for Kesler.

5. Bring in at least one kid next year: Horvat, Fox, Shink, - dont know if these guys will be ready...maybe Grenier needs to be given a chance. 6'5" with some decent skill.

6. Fire torts. The guy does not know how to handle a team in the west that has to endure a gazillion miles of travel. Connect the dots here - why have so many prominent Canuck players been injured this year? Torts rides them like a rented mule and his dump and chase, shot blocking tactics do not mesh well with vets that play every other shift then have to get on a plane and play the next night against big western conference oafs.

7. Gillis - he wont be fired if torts is fired. Owners will not cough up millions to pay the unused contract time Gillis and Torts have.

This ship can be turned around fairly quickly with some astute trades and wise drafts. Not sure if Gillis can do this. Mr. Aquilini, if you are reading this you can hire me and about 30 other guys from these message boards to get the job done :towel:

injuries happen and in an olympic year they have been far more injuries across the league because of the compressed schedule a lot of the injuries are completely unrelated to shot blocking

you can use examples like Tampa Bay Colorado and Montreal for quick turn arounds but lets see what they do next year all 3 are benefiting from great goaltending and young players stepping in to more prominent roles what happens when Varlamov Bishop and Price crap the bed next year they end up like Ottawa these supposed quick turn arounds almost always fall apart and are nothing more than 1 great year

also unless Kesler gets the team an actual impact young player for the top 6 he is going nowhere despite this team's inconsistency both him and Higgins have been the most consistent offensive players

people need to realize a couple things about these injuries the new division a tougher scheduled more back to backs not sure why the NHL feels the need to compress a schedule to fit an Olympic year extend it 2 weeks and you will see a lot less injuries

Hansen was UFA last year, so MG really had two options, sign him before that season ended or let him walk for nothing. It would look terrible to sign him and then trade him that offseason. I agree he is a bit redundent, but because of this his value was never really that high. Every team has players that can be used like Hansen, He's not a offensive threat or a physical presence, he's a typical 3rd liner that works hard and is good defensively. I wouldn't mind seeing him moved to open up more roster spots for youth but I wouldn't expect much in return, He seems to be more of a package add on then a trade centerpiece.

Yeah absolutely, it was a tough call and he's a good player for any team to have. Unfortunately we seem to have this habit of re-signing everyone because of this reason without having a masterplan of where they are going to play. We have to get away from taking on players just because we can get them cheap or we feel we need to get more out of them then when we got them. That directly contradicts MG's statements that this is a fluid league and you need to be fluid. You can't be fluid if you're forced to keep every item you've ever purchased.

Hansen is still on his 1.3m contract this year. Wouldn't have been a UFA until after this season if not for his extension. Still tradeable, don't think his LNTC kicks in until his new contract does.

We could have the best bottom 6 in the league if we actually played our bottom sixers in the bottom 6..

A 2nd/3rd rounder, or package him in a Kesler or other trade to increase value. He could also be traded for a back-up goalie if we are going to need one next year. Key thing is to move him out and free up that 2+ mil in salary. He is really only good as a starting 3rd line RW, and we don't need that right now. He's more of a roadblock than anything right now because he's ineffective on the fourth line, and he's overpriced there.

I agree that he is a redundant piece, he is imo a decent 3rd liner, fast, decent on the body and can net the odd goal. I think he lacks the offensive skill to be anything more than that and at 28 I believe he has hit the ceiling as far as expecting anything more out of him.

Micheal Gillis should have let him move on, as in my mind he isn't a deal breaker if you let him go and he has some success elsewhere. He isn't a talent that everyone will look back on and say " we lost that guy for nothing, someone should be fired."

The Hansens of the game are guys that can be replaced with our young talent that need ice time in the NHL and have a much higher talent ceiling.

Was surprised he didn't get moved at the deadline. Would have been a good pickup for a playoff team looking to bolster their third line depth.

I agree that he is a redundant piece, he is imo a decent 3rd liner, fast, decent on the body and can net the odd goal. I think he lacks the offensive skill to be anything more than that and at 28 I believe he has hit the ceiling as far as expecting anything more out of him.

Micheal Gillis should have let him move on, as in my mind he isn't a deal breaker if you let him go and he has some success elsewhere. He isn't a talent that everyone will look back on and say " we lost that guy for nothing, someone should be fired."

The Hansens of the game are guys that can be replaced with our young talent that need ice time in the NHL and have a much higher talent ceiling.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you."

AMEN BROTHA ... :lol:

Archived