The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Gillis Team 1040 Interview

Cold Hard Truth

*sigh* :picard:

Not for you Kola, but that somehow this has been spun into a feud by the media. Even if there is disagreement between what Torts wants to coach and how Gillis views the team, Millard looks to have put his own spin on it by choosing the word 'feud' rather than something less sensationalized.

I heard a fairly loud shot across the bow of ownership. I like that...it takes balls. He's obviously tired of the meddling and sounds like he's prepared to take a stand on that issue this summer if he's to remain as GM.

yes so did i but apparently i am "Toronto like" according to a couple clowns for not writing an essay and love letter to Mike Gillis in the OP

Daren Millard

@darenmillard

Chatting with @sportsnetmurph on the developing story on the feud between the gm and coach with @VanCanucks
someone's gonna get fired.....will it be Quinn/Keenan all over again? Imagine if Torts runs for GM and coach? Only ownership would conceive this plan....

Rather change both GM and Coach but if one has to stay it should be Gillis. Torts, dont think he can change his style as coach and most players have tuned him out already.

Daren Millard

@darenmillard

Chatting with @sportsnetmurph on the developing story on the feud between the gm and coach with @VanCanucks
someone's gonna get fired.....will it be Quinn/Keenan all over again? Imagine if Torts runs for GM and coach? Only ownership would conceive this plan....

Daren Millard is a piece of trash.... just trying to work up something that isn't there. Toronto media trying to stir it.... this makes me sick.

Fire MG, Keep Torts.

I hope ownership does not do anything stupid.

But just one question, Will the new GM know this team enough to make some smart moves? He surely would take time to evaluate this team. He might not understand the values of certain players because of not following this team.

yes so did i but apparently i am "Toronto like" according to a couple clowns for not writing an essay and love letter to Mike Gillis in the OP

Not at all. Your summary was accurate to what I was hearing as well. Gillis basically said the managerial parts are not on the same page. No controversy there.

I guess a lot of people forgot how 'boring' AV was for us until Gillis came along. He trapped the bejesus out of all games because he had no choice. In comes Gillis and things quickly changed. Looks like he's hoping to do the same thing with Torts? Whatever.

Thing is we already tried this with this group and they came close but didn't make it. It's really hard to get back into the finals even with a young group.

Hey, unless things dramatically turn around for this group it looks to me like we're going to become the next Calgary instead of tanking next season like we should be.

But I could be wrong. Perhaps guys will come out of the woodwork, the Sedins, Kesler etc. will recover past glories and we'll go all the way.

What sounds more believable though?

I guess a lot of people forgot how 'boring' AV was for us until Gillis came along. He trapped the bejesus out of all games because he had no choice. In comes Gillis and things quickly changed. Looks like he's hoping to do the same thing with Torts? Whatever.

Thing is we already tried this with this group and they came close but didn't make it. It's really hard to get back into the finals even with a young group.

Hey, unless things dramatically turn around for this group it looks to me like we're going to become the next Calgary instead of tanking next season like we should be.

But I could be wrong. Perhaps guys will come out of the woodwork, the Sedins, Kesler etc. will recover past glories and we'll go all the way.

What sounds more believable though?

The team will need a whole new face lift. This core has become old and stale.

Good for Gillis, just what I wanted to hear.

He told the owners, coaches, players that it's my way or the highway.

I hate the 6 goalie system Torts plays and IMO that has been the biggest part our downfall this season.

I totally believe we need to get back to being a puck possesion team and play exciting hockey.

Sounds like he is positioning himself to be President of hockey operations with a vision.

Step aside from GM job and get a coach that can coach the up tempo roster ... a coach kind of like AV, I guess.

Please don't whine about Toronto media ... sound like the players of old. I thought you instituted a no whining culture. Don't pay attention to the Toronto media.

Archived