The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

Forgot about that.

For the most part, Gibby does a "real gud" job of getting guys days off. However, the exception to that would be Pillar. That guy is an absolute machine. Superman is worthy of the name. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

For the most part, Gibby does a "real gud" job of getting guys days off. However, the exception to that would be Pillar. That guy is an absolute machine. Superman is worthy of the name. 

agreed but he needs to sit occassionly as well.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Zzz Dickey. Hopefully he contains them at least. 2 against early, don't let it snowball

I just hope he gets some run support. Lately, the Jays have been making some pretty average pitchers look like Cy Young candidates...

7 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

HA! Yea, I'm not sure if this one is worth watching! Ugly, ugly start! They better wake up in a hurry!

Dickey serving up the dingers like hamburger Helper...worst part is the Jays cant hit their starter..clunker time.

3 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

They got to get someone to replace this guy. Way too inconsistent. He's great when he's great but a killer when he's off. Run + per inning last two starts. I dunno how you can go into the playoffs with this guy and you can only guess what you'll get with him

I don't have him on the post-season roster. There's no way you can justify him a spot. He requires optimal conditions to be effective and even then is prone to have blunders that result in big innings for the opposition. This guy can't retire soon enough. 

1 minute ago, Fantomex said:

I don't have him on the post-season roster. There's no way you can justify him a spot. He requires optimal conditions to be effective and even then is prone to have blunders that result in big innings for the opposition. This guy can't retire soon enough. 

He is an innings eater..but what good is that when you are automaticly down 2 runs in the 1st inning...way to inconsistant...move him to the pen.

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

He is an innings eater..but what good is that when you are automaticly down 2 runs in the 1st inning...way to inconsistant...move him to the pen.

It's almost to the point where Hutch is a better option for both the rotation and the pen. I applaud Dickey for his desire to play and work ethic, but you got to know when to call it quits. The scouting report on him is detailed and complete. He has nothing to show that guys aren't ready for. You sit back and wait for the Knuckle-ball to get deep and swing away. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

It's almost to the point where Hutch is a better option for both the rotation and the pen. I applaud Dickey for his desire to play and work ethic, but you got to know when to call it quits. The scouting report on him is detailed and complete. He has nothing to show that guys aren't ready for. You sit back and wait for the Knuckle-ball to get deep and swing away. 

Everytime he starts I look at it as a throw away game..its not the way you want to play when fighting for the post season...wins are important.

• Upvote 1