The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Like the addition of Benoit as well. Reminds me of Hawkins acquisition last season in a way considering both are near the end of their careers.

I'm also quite pleased that management isn't afraid to make amends with previous moves and admit to mistakes.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

What I like about it most is that management is admitting they made an error and is making an attempt to fix it.

8 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Like the addition of Benoit as well. Reminds me of Hawkins acquisition last season in a way considering both are near the end of their careers.

I'm also quite pleased that management isn't afraid to make amends with previous moves and admit to mistakes.

If it wasn't for the amount of games Storen and Floyd blew we could honestly be right up there with the Cubs. 

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

If it wasn't for the amount of games Storen and Floyd blew we could honestly be right up there with the Cubs. 

Yea pathetic.

Just regurgitating what I've since the offseason but ownership is so pissass. Had they invested just a little bit more and allowed for a bigger budget, 1 or 2 more arms in the bullpen and this team could've been top 3 in the league. 

What we have though is a team clawing for a wildcard spot because of that and potential of a wasted season of so many quality players if they don't make it..

41 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Meant to quote Shaky, but the system is doing weird things again.

Anyway, regarding Buck, it's a bit strange that they didn't schedule his time off to coincide with Shulman calling the games.

agreed..Shulman was to call 30 games this year..I would think he is almost there.

21 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

agreed..Shulman was to call 30 games this year..I would think he is almost there.

Drunk Buck should be unemployed. Pay Schulman whatever he wants to call games. 

Hopefully the Jay's can land one more 4th or 5th starter and a bullpen arm. Teheran from ATL would be excellent.  Cashner, maybe.

5 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Thought today might be a good time to give Donaldson a day off. Get the sense that he might not be the type of guy that just accepts a coach's offer to sit.

He DH'd a few days ago. Today they're resting Tulo and Saunders. With Dickey pitching, Martin gets a day off. Bautista is hitting DH, letting Upton Jr. and Carrera start.