The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

7 minutes ago, Pears said:

not happy about this at all..it makes absolutely no sense...Shapiro at his best..trade away players for an un needed OF probably just to get Cashner.

If Saunders is traded I am done with this team.

Edited by ShakyWalton

5 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

not happy about this at all..it makes absolutely no sense...Shapiro at his best..trade away players for an un needed OF probably just to get Cashner.

If Saunders is traded I am done with this team.

If it was Saunders he wouldn't have been playing tonight. It's an alright move but idk. Upton as the lead off guy then Bats and Edwin alternate between 1st base and DH?

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

If it was Saunders he wouldn't have been playing tonight. It's an alright move but idk. Upton as the lead off guy then Bats and Edwin alternate between 1st base and DH?

16 million dollar OF...you know damn well he wont be sitting on the bench...They could of had almost as much by keeping Revere,,,what a boneheaded move it was trading him.

Edited by ShakyWalton
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

16 million dollar OF...you know damn well he wont be sitting on the bench...They could of had almost as much by keeping Revere,,,what a boneheaded move it was trading him.

I hated that trade. Even more so now with how bad Storen was. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Now you're stealing my one logical take on the situation. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Any rumours on the Jays' offer? I'm assuming SD would be looking for young players and/or prospects.

We're trading a class A prospect, I'll get back to you in a bit on it... It's pending Medicals right now...

Edited by Standing_Tall#37

I know this looks like a bad deal now but can we all take a deep breath... I'm sure it has a purpose. If I had a guess either Saunders or Bautista gets dealt to a contender with pitching depth and the need for an outfielder, (Cleveland maybe, for Carrasco which is a deal I can get behind).

I don't understand this deal at the moment either but I will reserve judgement until after the trade deadline as I don't believe management is anywhere close to done. We made the Upton deal first so the Orioles couldn't get him and a new deal is upcoming.

Again this deal confuses me too, but I think it's a precursor, and we will all be happy with the eventual result. Let's all just take a deep breath, sit back, and watch things unfold.

37 minutes ago, FrankieCorrado said:

I know this looks like a bad deal now but can we all take a deep breath... I'm sure it has a purpose. If I had a guess either Saunders or Bautista gets dealt to a contender with pitching depth and the need for an outfielder, (Cleveland maybe, for Carrasco which is a deal I can get behind).

I don't understand this deal at the moment either but I will reserve judgement until after the trade deadline as I don't believe management is anywhere close to done. We made the Upton deal first so the Orioles couldn't get him and a new deal is upcoming.

Again this deal confuses me too, but I think it's a precursor, and we will all be happy with the eventual result. Let's all just take a deep breath, sit back, and watch things unfold.

If we could get Corrasco for Saunders we better take it and run.... Like at Usain Bolt speed.

Dont get it..but it didnt cost much..SD retains alot of salary and Jays only gave up a 29 year old single A player in Rodriguez.

My question is where does this guy play in an already crowded OF..it makes no sense to me at all..5 outfielders clamouring for playing time....they must be looking towards next year when possibly Bats and Saunders are both gone...:picard:

http://www.tsn.ca/report-jays-reach-deal-for-padres-upton-jr-1.532752

Edited by ShakyWalton

Hmm, Upton's the only one coming back? This must be a precursor to another trade or two I would think. I actually don't mind the trade if that's all we gave up and depending on what other moves it leads to.

Upton is capable of getting really hot, also capable of going ice cold.

Edited by Wild Sean Monahan

Upton is consistently in the top 5-10 in strikeouts in the NL. I don't know if he'll provide as much as hoped in a leadoff spot and as already mentioned the outfield is crowded. 

I never like it when a team brings in a redundant piece with the plan of moving another piece. Other teams are going to see this, know that this team is in a desperate position, and make lowball offers.

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

Dont get it..but it didnt cost much..SD retains alot of salary and Jays only gave up a 29 year old single A player in Rodriguez.

My question is where does this guy play in an already crowded OF..it makes no sense to me at all..5 outfielders clamouring for playing time....they must be looking towards next year when possibly Bats and Saunders are both gone...:picard:

http://www.tsn.ca/report-jays-reach-deal-for-padres-upton-jr-1.532752

They retain 17 million of the roughly 22 that he has left on his contract... I guess we only need him as a base stealer...