The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

I thought canuck fans hated toronto. You even had billboards made up in vancouver dissing their city a few years ago. Your newspapers diss their city when the leafs visit. Which is it or are you part time toronto haters.

Hate the Laffs. Love the Raps and the Bluejays Edited by Jiggs50

I've got my 92 and 93 pennants up on my wall for the run. I squeezed on the wagon earlier this season.

I'd admittedly fall into that category. I watched through the 92 and 93 runs as a kid and have longed for those days to return but usually stopped caring by July every year. I honestly know more about the Roberto Alomars, Paul Molitors and Joe Carters of the world than I do about the past few seasons rosters :lol:

Word. Candy Maldonado, John Olerud, Tony Fernandez!

I took a 22 year break for the most part. Was good for 5 games/season during that span and became a little more interested again when Donaldson was acquired.

It's been waaaaaaaay too long since winning ball has been back in Toronto.

I thought canuck fans hated toronto. You even had billboards made up in vancouver dissing their city a few years ago. Your newspapers diss their city when the leafs visit. Which is it or are you part time toronto haters.

Some Leafs fans only, not Toronto overall.

I got poisoned into loving the jays as a 5 year old lol so it's Jays or bust for me...but I was less invested as a fan after the Doc Era...this year I've watched every game since about game 81.

Guess they figured they could blow a game to rest the regulars...that lineup has great D...but absolutely no pop...lol

10 k's. As I type, Barney dings a dinger.

Just throwing this out there, but Camden Yards I always think of Ken Griffey Jr. In the home run derby hitting it of the wearhouse, some may remember those days...

Griffey Jr was always my favourite non Blue Jay player. Ken Griffey Jr Presents MLB for Sega is the only sports game that ever cam close to NHL 94.

Edited by Green Building

10 k's. As I type, Barney dings a dinger.

Griffey Jr was always my favourite non Blue Jay player. Ken Griffey Jr Presents MLB for Sega is the only sports game that ever cam close to NHL 94.

Griffey Jr was my idol growing up, still think he was one of the best to ever play this game and he did it without cheating (steroids), like all the others who he played against.

The game you speak of is NES, but yes was a good game, but was playing to much NHL 94 on sega at that time lol. I still think MLB Featuring Ken Griffey Jr for N64 was one of the best ones, played hours and hours of that game.

Too bad losing that game might have killed the vibe a bit. You wouldn't know it watching them tho.

Do all teams do this or just the Jays this time because it's been so long. Imagining the Canucks doing this after they won the NW division. :lol:

Oh, looks like it's common. The MLB page shows the Dodgers doing it too.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant