The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Wait... was it just me or did Bob Mckenzie's son just say "way to win with the bases fully load and getting a walk off grandslam homerun"

I heard that, too.

Really weird. The ball didn't come close to leaving the ballpark. Guess it doesn't matter, though. The win is the most important part.

Edited by Brad Marchand

This is what 'teams' are built from .. character .. 15 1/2 innings of shut-out relief pitching .. bravo!!!

and they had enough time to turn it around as they played almost 2 games..lol

I see that the Jays have sent Goins to the minors and brought up LHP Brad Mills for their road trip.

and they had enough time to turn it around as they played almost 2 games..lol

I see that the Jays have sent Goins to the minors and brought up LHP Brad Mills for their road trip.

Apparently Lind is joining the team in Seattle as well .. so another left hand bat may be going down .. Goins did not look out of place and Gose is irritating me at the plate .. great glove tho, and quick on-base, tho learning.

Apparently Lind is joining the team in Seattle as well .. so another left hand bat may be going down .. Goins did not look out of place and Gose is irritating me at the plate .. great glove tho, and quick on-base, tho learning.

Gose was a key reason the game even went into extra innings. Let Gose develop people.

Gose was a key reason the game even went into extra innings. Let Gose develop people.

I am all for development .. he is just not very 'bright' sometimes, or so it appears to me, so he has to learn the hard way .. I wish he would use the bunt more .. and focus on 'reading the game', especially when that game is on the line .. he could be the difference maker for us .. he could be an amzing #9 hitter, with Jose to follow.

and he grounds to second..he has been popping up and grounding out all day.

But he still managed to win it!! Had to turn it off after 14 to go to work so I just finished watching jays in 30. Pretty damn unreal pitching from both teams!

Also going to the game tomorrow.. will be front row right behind the boy's dugout. So stoked for the series!!

Edited by schlaBAM

Although they didn't get the losses, the Jays have gotten wins against Scherzer and Price. Gonna be tough tomorrow against King Felix.

At little optimism here, Hernandez does have a losing record and has an ERA over 7.00 in the last 3 seasons against the Jays.

Frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of watching Francisco. He's like this year's JP Arencibia. Hits the occasional dinger, but then strikes out in his other three at bats...

As I used to say about JP: "His bat is where rallies go to die"....

(Now hopefully he'll prove me wrong against the M's)

But he still managed to win it!! Had to turn it off after 14 to go to work so I just finished watching jays in 30. Pretty damn unreal pitching from both teams!

Also going to the game tomorrow.. will be front row right behind the boy's dugout. So stoked for the series!!

I give him that,,he went 1 for 8 yesterday...,,the only ones hitting consistantly right now are Melky and Reyes...I hope Lind helps in Seattle,,EE will be back soon.....have fun at the game!

Why the hate for Gose. I like what he brings... Yesterday was all about the relief pitching though, what can you say. 15 innings of shutout baseball. I hope Hutch was watching that, he needs to go at least 7-8 to give those guys a rest tonight.

Ill be down for all 3, as always! Enjoy the games boys, this is the first time in forever that this series actually means something other than bragging rights for both teams, the atmosphere is going to be amazing with the wild card potentially on the line and the crowd split 50/50 for the jays and M's.

Cant wait. In fact, ill be leaving in a bit. hit the outlets on the way down, beer and pool at the hotel for a bit, Pyramid brewing pre-game and Cowgirls post game. See ya there

Why the hate for Gose. I like what he brings... Yesterday was all about the relief pitching though, what can you say. 15 innings of shutout baseball. I hope Hutch was watching that, he needs to go at least 7-8 to give those guys a rest tonight.

Ill be down for all 3, as always! Enjoy the games boys, this is the first time in forever that this series actually means something other than bragging rights for both teams, the atmosphere is going to be amazing with the wild card potentially on the line and the crowd split 50/50 for the jays and M's.

Cant wait. In fact, ill be leaving in a bit. hit the outlets on the way down, beer and pool at the hotel for a bit, Pyramid brewing pre-game and Cowgirls post game. See ya there

No hate from me .. I am just critical of his 'brain farts' on the base paths and at the plate .. his development is slower than most 'experts' predicted, and I think it is because he does not possess a "high baseball IQ" .. maybe the expectations are/were too high.

Terrific defesnsive outfielder to be sure, but he is not good enough to be a starter on a true contender, IMO.

Have a great time at the games .. we will be watching, and wishing we were there.

Edited by Tearloch7

No hate from me .. I am just critical of his 'brain farts' on the base paths and at the plate .. his development is slower than most 'experts' predicted, and I think it is because he does not possess a "high baseball IQ" .. maybe the expectations are/were too high.

Terrific defesnsive outfielder to be sure, but he is not good enough to be a starter on a true contender, IMO.

Have a great time at the games .. we will be watching, and wishing we were there.

Lawrie had the same issues, great defensively, but struggles at the plate. What Gose brings in the field, and on base outweighs the negatives at the plate. That will come. The Jays have a great hitting coach, they will figure it out.