The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

26 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Same. Checked back in a couple times to see some at bats but that was about it. Was gonna hit the water but of course the clouds rolled in. What a weird summer so far. 

yes..last year the sunny days went on forever..this year its cloudy everyday...strange.

Oh well..if its cloudy or raining I dont feel so guilty sitting inside watching baseball...lol

so this is apparently why Sale was scratched from todays game

Tommy Stokke ‏@StokkeTommy

Not a joke: Source says Sale blowup was because he didn't want to wear throwbacks, so he cut the jerseys up so no one could wear them.

1 hour ago, gmen81 said:

so this is apparently why Sale was scratched from todays game

I'm laughing so hard right now. "I don't like this jersey, therefore I will cut up all of them!" Seriously, who is actually that stupid?

3 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Just a cold. 

Not really...lol...

Chris Sale scratched from start after destroying throwback uniforms

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/chris-sale-scratched-from-start-following-clubhouse-incident-232558591.html

These are the ones he cut up....

View image on Twitter

Edited by ShakyWalton

1 minute ago, HC20.0 said:

I don't know why Toronto's targeting Melvin Upton. I like him, but we need pitching way more then we do out fielders. 

I think the Jay want Cashner but the Padres want to increase the value by throwing in Upton..who the Jays dont really want.

5 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

I think the Jay want Cashner but the Padres want to increase the value by throwing in Upton..who the Jays dont really want.

I believe BJ was always a nickname that he'd gone by, Melvin is and was his real name.

and I think it's more likely San Diego wants do ditch his salary than it is they're thinking they'll get a bigger return. Upton got a pretty big deal from the Braves.

6 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I believe BJ was always a nickname that he'd gone by, Melvin is and was his real name.

and I think it's more likely San Diego wants do ditch his salary than it is they're thinking they'll get a bigger return. Upton got a pretty big deal from the Braves.

Yeah that makes sense. I think if we get Upton, then Baustista might wanna start packing. We NEED pitching, and he's the prime candidate to be moved. 

10 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

Yeah that makes sense. I think if we get Upton, then Baustista might wanna start packing. We NEED pitching, and he's the prime candidate to be moved. 

Makes sense. Couple routes we can go if this move is made. We could either put Upton at RF and have Jose and Edwin rotate between 1st base and DH, or we could use Bautista in a package for a guy like Sale. 

11 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

I think you might be right, unfortunately. I'd hate to see JB go...he's been here since ground zero. 

I'd prefer to see them ship out a couple of prospects but that goes against management's MO thus far. The way I see it, you've got a team with a legitimate chance of winning it all if you add a couple of the right pieces and a prospect cupboard that's kind of crap anyway. This team is in win-now mode...nobody really cares if you can build a team that's good-but-not-good-enough and sustainably so- fans would much rather see a title followed by 5-10 years of crap, IMO (ala the Boston Bruins, for a comparison).

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

BJ stands for Bossman Junior,,his dad was called Bossman...yes I know his real name is Melvin..I just wonder why he would change it...for awhile I thought he was a different player...

I think they do want to up Uptons value between Jays and Baltimore..they are looking for the biggest return...but the reason they are trading him is his salary for sure...

Unclear whether #BlueJays would want Upton if they can’t get Cashner, too. #Padres trying to pit TOR against BAL on Upton for better return.

24 minutes ago, Pears said:

Makes sense. Couple routes we can go if this move is made. We could either put Upton at RF and have Jose and Edwin rotate between 1st base and DH, or we could use Bautista in a package for a guy like Sale. 

I think JB will be leaving the Jays one way or the other..not happy what that does to the pop in the outfield..between Saunders, Pillar, Carrera and Upton if he comes the Jays way...combined they would be good for about 45-50 Hrs.

Edited by ShakyWalton

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

BJ stands for Bossman Junior,,his dad was called Bossman...yes I know his real name is Melvin..I just wonder why he would change it...for awhile I thought he was a different player...

I think they do want to up Uptons value between Jays and Baltimore..they are looking for the biggest return...but the reason they are trading him is his salary for sure...

Unclear whether #BlueJays would want Upton if they can’t get Cashner, too. #Padres trying to pit TOR against BAL on Upton for better return.

Ah, just thought I'd clarify. I had the same confusion when he first changed his name...I thought there was a third Upton.

The Orioles can take that deal for all I care. It wouldn't be s terrible deal for the Jays to make but I think there's better players that could be acquired. Upton is another big swing and miss guy anyway.

Just now, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Ah, just thought I'd clarify. I had the same confusion when he first changed his name...I thought there was a third Upton.

The Orioles can take that deal for all I care. It wouldn't be s terrible deal for the Jays to make but I think there's better players that could be acquired. Upton is another big swing and miss guy anyway.

agreed.. I dont want Upton...why the hell didnt we keep Ben Revere if thats the case.

7 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Welcome to moneyball and trying to dismantle what AA built.

Yeah tell me about it...... I remember at the beginning of the year arguing with someone on here about this exact thing. His argument was he was pleased with the guys we got in the off season for the bullpen, and felt they will do well. My argument was if we weren't keeping Price then we would have to get 2-4 of the best relievers in the game because we can't rely on our starters going 7+ all the time and our bullpen sucks. And the team went and got cheap players hoping they can fill the holes without going out and spending money for legit bullpen players. I saw this happening exactly before the season started.