The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

6 hours ago, shiznak said:

People need to stop putting Bautista in these proposals for a young top of the rotation starters. He's not going to get the Jays those type of players, especially when the team acquiring him will need to re-sign him, in the summer. No compensation pick either, if he walks to FA.

It's going to be a similar return, when the Tigers traded David Price to the Jays. 

Just saying we gave up a top pitching prospect with starting potential in Norris. 

In order to pry sale away from the CWS it would require more than what the bluejays would want to give up. The guy is a perennial cy young contender and among the top 3 most dominating pitchers in the league. IMO as a neutral, the deal would have to be along the lines of Alford, Harris, Reid Foley, Vlad Jr, Pentecost for sale, if not more than that. TBH the most likely trade partner for the Sox is Texas. Gallo, Profar/Brinson, and Tate would get a deal done I think.

As a Yankee Fan I am happy with the Chapman trade. Our Farm just got a helluva lot stronger. While I like Torres and love Mckinney as prospects I would have preferred Schwarber for Chapman straight up, as Scharwber at yankee stadium would be almost unfair. Underated component of the Chapman deal is getting back Adam Warren who we picked up for starlin Castro in the summer. We have fleeced Theo once again 

29 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Might be getting ahead of myself but could we put Sanchez in the Cy Young discussion?

of course if he doesn't get moved to the pen. 

I think he could be...all his numbers except wins are comparable to Sales.

3 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

nobody I hope...stupid move.

Yup especially considering that he offers this team nothing more than Revere did except for 12m more per season and a dozen more home runs( which isn't a big deal if we have EE, Donaldson, Bats, Saunders, Tulo and Martin)